Early Saver Bad Experience

idiebabe

I booked Early Saver. Price dropped and I was told by two (2) Carnival Reps to fill out form and I would be granted the Shipboard Credit. It is supposed to be within two (2) business days to be notified. After four (4) days I called and was told "yes, you are entitled to the Early Saver Price Guarantee and should have been notified within the two days. Fill out the form again and resubmit. I did that and now a week goes by and still no response. I contacted them by email and still no response.

I not only will not book Early Saver again - I'm done with Carnival after this cruise I'm going on in three (3) weeks. This, by the way, will be my 20th cruise with them.

I don't think they give a hoot about "customer service"!!! All they care about is getting our money and they won't be getting mine far in advance of the sailing date in the future or for any cruise for that matter.

One other thing with the Early Saver. The price dropped on the Suite Guarantee from when I originally booked Early Saver. I received a call to spend $300 per person to upgrade from Cat 11 to Cat 12. I told the Rep I wasn't interested. I questioned him though on the fact that people booking last minute can get a Cat 12 by doing the ST Guarantee and pay less money than I paid with Early Booking rate for Cat 11 so why not upgrade the Early Saver people who paid more by booking Early. He said they don't do that - they want to sell the rooms to those who already booked. If people don't go along with paying for the upgrade, then the last minute bookings will be put in Cat 12 because they need to put them in a Suite.

Has anyone else had these problems with booking Early Saver?

II don't think they give a hoot about "customer service"!!!

One other thing with the Early Saver. The price dropped on the Suite Guarantee from when I originally booked Early Saver. I received a call to spend $300 per person to upgrade from Cat 11 to Cat 12. I told the Rep I wasn't interested. I questioned him though on the fact that people booking last minute can get a Cat 12 by doing the ST Guarantee and pay less money than I paid with Early Booking rate for Cat 11 so why not upgrade the Early Saver people who paid more by booking Early. He said they don't do that - they want to sell the rooms to those who already booked. If people don't go along with paying for the upgrade, then the last minute bookings will be put in Cat 12 because they need to put them in a Suite.?

Carnival is in the business to make money, and I agree Customer Service isnt all that good in the most part ...

You gambled with your ES rate, same as I did, and now guarantees are cheaper ... you knew you couldnt downgrade to a guarantee when you booked. Expecting them to upgrade you for free, rather than to sell those last minute cheaper guarantees, is kinda unrealistic. You must know if they did that for you, they would spend hours a day upgrading people for free, everyone would be asking .... me too.

I booked Early Saver. Price dropped and I was told by two (2) Carnival Reps to fill out form and I would be granted the Shipboard Credit. It is supposed to be within two (2) business days to be notified. After four (4) days I called and was told "yes, you are entitled to the Early Saver Price Guarantee and should have been notified within the two days. Fill out the form again and resubmit. I did that and now a week goes by and still no response. I contacted them by email and still no response.

I not only will not book Early Saver again - I'm done with Carnival after this cruise I'm going on in three (3) weeks. This, by the way, will be my 20th cruise with them.

I don't think they give a hoot about "customer service"!!! All they care about is getting our money and they won't be getting mine far in advance of the sailing date in the future or for any cruise for that matter.

One other thing with the Early Saver. The price dropped on the Suite Guarantee from when I originally booked Early Saver. I received a call to spend $300 per person to upgrade from Cat 11 to Cat 12. I told the Rep I wasn't interested. I questioned him though on the fact that people booking last minute can get a Cat 12 by doing the ST Guarantee and pay less money than I paid with Early Booking rate for Cat 11 so why not upgrade the Early Saver people who paid more by booking Early. He said they don't do that - they want to sell the rooms to those who already booked. If people don't go along with paying for the upgrade, then the last minute bookings will be put in Cat 12 because they need to put them in a Suite.

Has anyone else had these problems with booking Early Saver?

It is not a problem.. just slow response I say.. I have had 3 price drops on my upcoming cruise.. and the 1st one took 2 days to receive the response and the other 2 took atleast a week or more.. I just resubmitted the forms stating in the comments 2nd or 3rd request.. but I was still granted the price drop..

As for the upsell calls they are doing them alot these days.. and you can't question how a business does business.. would be great if they offered all ES bookings the 1st dibs at a free upgrade .. but that is not the case..;)

If that's all it takes for you to not sail Carnival again.. WOW is all I have to say..:eek: I really think you need a vacation:D

Carnival is in the business to make money, and I agree Customer Service isnt all that good in the most part ...

You gambled with your ES rate, same as I did, and now guarantees are cheaper ... you knew you couldnt downgrade to a guarantee when you booked. Expecting them to upgrade you for free, rather than to sell those last minute cheaper guarantees, is kinda unrealistic. You must know if they did that for you, they would spend hours a day upgrading people for free, everyone would be asking .... me too.

So in essence they did not receive the lowest rate available.....isn't that what the ES guarantee's:confused:

I booked es on a 1A had several price drops first one granted in 2 days the next took a week but I did receive the drops, saved $150 over all. It has to be the same cat. cabin and the price has to be shown on Carnival. com as they don't honor other sites prices.

So in essence they did not receive the lowest rate available.....isn't that what the ES guarantee's:confused:

I think with ES you need to book a specific cabin CAT.. I can't see the ES working with a BL gty.. or any GTY as then they could not gage what price drop you will get.. since there are so many BL CAT's and other CAT's to choose from... dunno if that makes sense:confused:

OK I am sooooo not sure I understand this.

So bear with a newbie who may be asking dumb questions here.

I booked an ES rate 10 weeks ago that has now (apparently) dropped $30.

When I look for the rate the ES rate is not there only FS rates.

Am I still entitled to OBC of $30 pp = $60

Is there a difference in Early saver and Fun saver - there was when I booked, but the ES rate no longer shows up - I suppose since I am 18 days away from my cruise.

Any help understanding would be appreciated - thanks

The way I understand it is if ANY posted rate (for same category cabin) falls below what YOU booked at under ES, then by filing out the form and submitting it, you will get that price reduction if it's before final payment, if the drop is after final payment you will get a OBC.

OP: I have had two ES price drops. Received the credit within 48 hours for both. I have no problem with the ES program at all. Are you trully this upset over $20 or so. When I book at a certain price I expect to pay that price. It is nice to get a little cash back but certainly not worth getting all pissed off over if I don't get it. I find your post a bit over reactive to the perceived problem.

Is there a difference in Early saver and Fun saver - there was when I booked, but the ES rate no longer shows up - I suppose since I am 18 days away from my cruise.

ES rates disappear not sure the amount of days before your cruise.. but if you find the same CAT as you booked at a lower rate.. then yes you can still submit the ES form..;)

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate (which goes away in 3 months for shorter cruises and in 5 months for longer cruises) but in drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including FunSelect, Past Guest (if you're a Past guest, 55+ (if you're 55+, your state Resident, and Military (if you're military eligible. You can check the Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com, filling in your cruise info and selecting the Promo Boxes you're eligible for.

In general, you can't price-match Early Saver with FunSaver rates as the ES is a selected cabin and FunSaver is "Guarantee" Cabins, a different "Category" than FunSelect.

If you booked via TA, the TA musrt submit the Price Adjustment Request form; if you booked direct or via PVP you must submit the Price Adjustment Request form.

ken

The ES guarantee says you will receive the lowest rate available for your category.. it says nothing about getting a lower category for what you paid?? :confused:

The op got the lowest rate for cat 11, but the guarantees which are a lower category are lower.. I think this is a fine line myself.. I think if Im booked in a 4A, I should be able to match the IS category, but my PVP says no.

I get it .. that I couldnt get a lower assignment than a 4A with a IS, but my PVP is adamant, you cant price match downward.

btw, I know you know as I do that guarantees are always cheaper than picking your cabin.... you are playing like you dont know.

You can match to fun select where you choose your cabin.

Fun saver is only guarantees, not the category you booked, so no you cant match.

I booked ES and found my price had not only dropped but the priced dropped for every level of inside cabin room. When ES was available each level of the ship was more expensive, and now every level is the same. I also requested a price refund ($10/pp) and requested to be moved to a higher floor. No response within a week. Put in another form. No response within a week. I called Customer Service and asked about it and they said it sometimes takes 4-10 days for ES reimbursement. I had them move me up to a higher floor [from Deck 1 to Deck 6] since it was the same cost but I am still waiting for my price refund. It has been more than 2 weeks now. They shouldn't advertise 48 hours when its not true.

They shouldn't advertise 48 hours when its not true.

It is true in some cases tho....If I believed every business that said it takes this long for this or that.. I prolly would be in a loonie bin!! :D It is a standard that they think it should take that long until you will get the reduction.. just be patient.. jeebus.. I dunno why people get so hyper over such a minascule issue.. ( in my books anyways)...:rolleyes:

I think there are still a lot of bugs that Carnival needs to work out with their ES program.

But I also think a lot of folks don't truly know what they are signing up for. And yes, I think Carnival can do a little better job of explaining it.

However, my experience with ES has been favorable. We booked 5 rooms (10 peeps) on ES. We've turned in price guarantee forms twice and total fare reductions have saved us $480. All reductions were processed within 2 days.

Part of me has to wonder if those filling out the form aren't providing all the details that Carnival requires in order to process it quickly. The form seems simple enough. However, I took the advice of a post a read several months ago which detailed the specifics of exactly what pieces of info to include in each box of the form (which was directed to her by a PVP that the poster worked with). I can't deny that I thought it was overkill. But so far, it seems to work for me. Don't know if that's the difference, or if luck has been on my side.

One last thought - if you booked at a certain rate and are happy with that rate and cabin at the time of booking, then it seems a little extreme (if your claim doesn't get approved) to suddenly say "I'm never sailing with Carnival again". I understand being irritated and I'm all for asking questions to poll the experience of others, then trying again. But it seems more reasonable to say "i'm never booking ES again" rather than "never sailing Carnival again". But that's just my 0.02...

btw, I know you know as I do that guarantees are always cheaper than picking your cabin.... you are playing like you dont know.

I'm not playing anything.........I read the header below of ES which says guaranteed lowest price.........

AHH, THE REWARDS OF EARLY BOOKING

Introducing Early Saver. Get Our Absolute Lowest Rate + Price Protection

I didn't read the fine print (stipulations) until someone posted that it had to be same category........

Yes I know that guarantees are cheaper then picking you own cabin but according to what I understand about ES is the guarantees cost more then ES.........

Not a big deal.......just reaffirms my decision making;)

I booked ES and found my price had not only dropped but the priced dropped for every level of inside cabin room. When ES was available each level of the ship was more expensive, and now every level is the same. I also requested a price refund ($10/pp) and requested to be moved to a higher floor. No response within a week. Put in another form. No response within a week. I called Customer Service and asked about it and they said it sometimes takes 4-10 days for ES reimbursement. I had them move me up to a higher floor [from Deck 1 to Deck 6] since it was the same cost but I am still waiting for my price refund. It has been more than 2 weeks now. They shouldn't advertise 48 hours when its not true.

You won't get a refund it will be OBC.

The other point that I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that its not just the cabin category that much match exactly, it is also the OCCUPANCY that must match.

If you have a single cabin booked for 4 passengers, there must in fact BE an available cabin within your booked category that can be booked for 4 passengers. My understanding is that if there are only doubles left but you have 4 in your cabin, you cannot get the price match, because there is NOT a cabin available exactly like the one you booked.

In my mind, this is a plus for my family's case since we booked two staterooms for four people, so two in each cabin. We should always qualify for any price drop in our category since everything can hold at least two, and we don't have a 3rd or 4th in either stateroom.

Perhaps someone else better-versed with ES can confirm or deny this.

On a recent cruise that we booked with ES the price dropped twice. Both times I filled out the form on-line and received the OBC for both.

Archived