Early Saver Bad Experience

idiebabe

I'm so sorry about your bad experience with the early saver rate. I guess it depends on who you're rep is. I booked my Carnival cruise with an ES rate through my travel agent. We just received a $200 credit about 2 weeks ago. My travel agent handled everything for me and it was done in a matter of about 30 minutes. So if the Carnival reps are not offering good customer service, I'd say ask for referrals on a good travel agent and book through them the next time.

I am a bit surprised that some feel the OP is complaining about something insignificant and just being petty about bailing from Carnival. Let us not forget that there is a binding contract that has been signed and that this contract does apply to both parties. If I were such a loyal repeat customer I can guarantee you that I would feel the same.

GL OP.......enjoy your cruise.........then find a new line that you will be comfortable with.

Did you book direct?

If you used an agent, that agent must make the arrangements for you. Carnival will not touch a reservation owned by a travel agencie.

I've not experienced a problem with Early Saver at all... Response time has been slow due to demand, I suppose, but they've honored the request.

I also book direct......and, I read the rules of the new lower fare to make sure I'm qualified for it under Early Saver.

I booked ES on our last Fantasy cruise and could not have been more happy. We got several price drops and we were able to upgrade once. I do know I had some questions about the ES program, but I called my PVP and he was able to explain why I was entitled or not entitled to an OBC.

If you booked with Carnival, call your PVP. I do know that some of the folks answering the phones don't know everything.

I'm not saying that I will not do ES again or not do Carnival again. I am just frustrated that it said 48 hours online, a booking agent told me another thing, and it has been even longer with not even an acknowledgement that it has been received. I mean it is only $10/pp so I really could careless, but if it drops down again more then I would be more upset. I could also careless if it is OBC vs cash back. I am sure that'll be good for a few drinks to offset our massive rum consumption. Oh well. I am not a patient person :)

I am sorry that you are having problems with the Early Saver program from Carnival! I personaly used it on my Last Cruise this past week! The very day after I booked it the price for my Oceanview room cat 6c dropped $20 Per Person( $40 for the 2 of us)! I sent form in and recieved the credit off of what I still owed them! That credit was issued within 6 Hours! The very next week, it dropped another $20! (another $40 for the 2 of us!) That credit was issued withhin 24 hours! Also off of what I still owed them! 2 weeks before we sailed, the price dropped twice more! Both of those request were honored witin 1 day and since I was paid in full the total for both drops was $140 Onboard Credit! You say that you booked through Carnival! I am just checking that you didnt use a travel agent, as if you did they have to get any changes to your booking! Only the peron making the booking can change a booking! Also are you using the correct form, unfortunatly Carnival still has and old "Price Gurantee Form" on their web site, This is not the right form! There is the Early Saver Form on the site that is the correct one! Here is the link for the Early Saver Form!

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=321

I hope this helps you some!

I booked ES and found my price had not only dropped but the priced dropped for every level of inside cabin room. When ES was available each level of the ship was more expensive, and now every level is the same. I also requested a price refund ($10/pp) and requested to be moved to a higher floor. No response within a week. Put in another form. No response within a week. I called Customer Service and asked about it and they said it sometimes takes 4-10 days for ES reimbursement. I had them move me up to a higher floor [from Deck 1 to Deck 6] since it was the same cost but I am still waiting for my price refund. It has been more than 2 weeks now. They shouldn't advertise 48 hours when its not true.

If you booked thru Carnival you should be sending another request

I am now 44 days from my cruise.. I booked ES in a 9A.. Carnival has now changed the category's to 9B and 9C's.. My cabin is now a 9C. If the 9C's sell out (there is only one left) and the 9B goes lower than my fare I think I am entitled to the OBC.. I know most of you will disagree but does anyone know for sure they won't honor it or is everyone just assuming?

I am now 44 days from my cruise.. I booked ES in a 9A.. Carnival has now changed the category's to 9B and 9C's.. My cabin is now a 9C. If the 9C's sell out (there is only one left) and the 9B goes lower than my fare I think I am entitled to the OBC.. I know most of you will disagree but does anyone know for sure they won't honor it or is everyone just assuming?

The first day they changed some categories, Carnival honored the lower price if you used to be a lower category, and both posted the message that said from now on we will not honor the lower prices, you have to use the new category, or something to that effect (see threads about category changes for verification).

It doesnt matter if we agree or disagree, this isnt a vote. Carnival says you can only match with the category you are in now. I have seen at least 5 posts that now that carnival is splitting into so many categories, price drops are going to be much harder to get, so you arent the only one concerned and thinking this.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anywhere that I can check if I have received OBC? It has been at least a month and I still have yet to hear anything back from Carnival except when I got my room switched over the phone of "you should receive a refund for the ES difference" I had already made my full payment when I booked, so I am assuming i'll get OBC. Just curious if this is listed somewhere on their site because I have got zero emails from Carnival in the process.

Is there anywhere that I can check if I have received OBC? It has been at least a month and I still have yet to hear anything back from Carnival except when I got my room switched over the phone of "you should receive a refund for the ES difference" I had already made my full payment when I booked, so I am assuming i'll get OBC. Just curious if this is listed somewhere on their site because I have got zero emails from Carnival in the process.

The two price reduction we have gotten for obc we got an email stating what our obc balance was but other than I can't find anywhere to review obc balance.

Libby

Archived