Is my cruise on February vacation or something?

Krissta

Everywhere I look, February vacation for schools happen mid February. My cruise is February 27-March 6. For some reason, the ship seems packed! There aren't even any 2 person balcony cabins left on the Panorama deck! :P So I can't even check for price drops!

Just wondering what is going on during that time... :)

Usually there is a surge of kids around President's Day....but I believe that falls earlier than the 27th.

It could be that more and more schools are doing different holiday scheduling and year round schools????

In mid febuary there is mid-winter break/presidents week. Here in WA state kids in school get the whole week off for presidents week so a lot of people vacation then =]

Yeah, but that's February 15, 2010. Oh well, just a bit of curiosity on my part. I think it's an awesome time to cruise because winter in New England... well... it sucks. :p

Everywhere I look, February vacation for schools happen mid February. My cruise is February 27-March 6. For some reason, the ship seems packed! There aren't even any 2 person balcony cabins left on the Panorama deck! :P So I can't even check for price drops!

Since you live in NH, as do I, you should remember that New Englanders and others in the frozen tundras need to escape the snow and cold during the winter months. I bet that most cruises are pretty packed from December to March.

Do a google search on Spring Breaks!! We originally had a cruise booked for March 6th and once I looked at the list, we bumped it up to Feb 20. All over the country the colleges have different spring break weeks.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have fun!!

Some HS's up north have winter break then and Canadien Colleges start Spring Break around that time. We get them in Daytona Beach every year around Bike Week and just after bike week starts the Spring Break boom.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there are several large groups on that cruise

Chair Hogs Anonymous

Who Says I Can't Smoke on the Port Side United

American Diners Wearing Jeans

Oh and the most diabolical group

Citizens For More Than 2 Strips of Bacon

:D

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there are several large groups on that cruise

Chair Hogs Anonymous

Who Says I Can't Smoke on the Port Side United

American Diners Wearing Jeans

Oh and the most diabolical group

Citizens For More Than 2 Strips of Bacon

:D

I would definitely say it is time to find another cruise or another date..

The CHA's will meet....

sit in a cirlce on the lido...

My name is JaBee...and I am a chair hog

and everyone says..."Hi" and smile and act mellow

I dont know about the smokers

who want to smoke on the port side

just let me have a place to be away

cause smoke in my eyes makes me cry

and Diners wearing jeans...

should enjoy the nice souflet

that they can find every night

at the Lido buffet

and if you want two pieces of bacon

is that new rule a fact?

I wonder if I get three

will they make me put one back?

I am ready for a cruise

and there's one thing I know

next Tuesday I am away

on the Fantasy I will go

and..Ida know that NO STORM IS GONNA MESS UP MY CRUISE!!

jb

Im from Vancouver and alot of people are leaving town on holidays due to the winter olympics being held here. and alot of schools' are out for two weeks due to anticipation of congestion here. Feb 12-28 is the winter olympics..so many people will leave here to travel

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere that there are several large groups on that cruise

chair hogs anonymous

who says i can't smoke on the port side united

american diners wearing jeans

oh and the most diabolical group

citizens for more than 2 strips of bacon

:d

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

:p

Krissta!!! Where have you been? I don't know why we're practically sold out, but I too would like a price drop, haha!

Sheltielover - we're sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.

I've been around! Been posting more in our thread. Getting waaaay more psyched up for it now. :)

Most US schools have winter break in February. Also, February is high season for travelers by land and sea.

I was kinda wondering the same thing Krissta. I know I am happy with the price we paid, but OBC or a price drop would be sweet! Maybe after final payment there might be a small dip. I also noticed that not many suites are sold at all.

My guess is that this once a month itinerary is just popular. Some people pick a cruise for the price, the ship, the ports, where it leaves from, etc. I'm betting alot of people like this itinerary because it is a little bit unique.

I was kinda wondering the same thing Krissta. I know I am happy with the price we paid, but OBC or a price drop would be sweet! Maybe after final payment there might be a small dip. I also noticed that not many suites are sold at all.

My guess is that this once a month itinerary is just popular. Some people pick a cruise for the price, the ship, the ports, where it leaves from, etc. I'm betting alot of people like this itinerary because it is a little bit unique.

We picked this cruise for the itinerary, so I know what you're saying! :)

Archived