Calling All Sweet-Smelling Ladies! What is Your Signature Fragrance?

TerriSea

I want to fall in love!!

I have been searching high and low for my "signature" fragrance. Over the years I have spent Way Too Much Money on fragrances that seem great at first, then I just can't stand them after one or two wearings! I would love some new ideas to try. And I get overwhelmed at the fragrance departments of Nordstrom and Macy's - too many choices!!

My current fragrance: Daisy by Mark Jacobs. Like it but don't love it.

x6n2aa.jpg

What is your favorite? And why do you LOVE it?:D

BTW, I recently tried Valentino Rock N Rose and that was pretty nice.

Most fragrances change on me within 30 minutes, and not for the better. So my choices are severely limited. I've been wearing Violet Angel for a few years now, and still love it. I wore Mackie for a number of years, and before that it was Obsession.

I like Dune, Magie Noire and Knowing. Yeah, I know -- I'm "stuck in the 80s" :D I've shopped several times for a new scent recently, without luck. Like others, I like the scent when I first spritz, then after wearing it for a while dislike how it changes. Good thing we can sample -- I'd never just buy a new perfume without wearing it for a while to see how it changes.

Georgio Armani She. I have been using it for more than 5 years and love it. It is fairly light, natural and feminine. Works for everyday and evening.

Can't find one I like anywhere near as much! Lacoste Touch of Pink is the only other one I wear, it is also a great daytime one. I am very small and blonde so I always feel overpowered by strong scents.

Fell in love with Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt back as a teen and still love it today. And like and use Curve Crush for everyday. Have a gift box of Victoria Secert scents out of those like Body by victoria, my teen DD also likes it.

In warm weather, I enjoy an 'oldie but goodie' and use L'Air du Temps. I apply it very lightly and it's just a soft frangrance, on me. All scents are different on every person's individual chemistry.

I've always purchased my perfume at drugstores ('cause I'm cheap and I get tired of things like that very quickly) but this last time I decided to buy a "grown up" perfume and chose Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. I like how light it is. My sister wears Chanel No. 5 and I don't like it at all - too cloying. So far it's been a year and I still love it. And people are always asking me what I'm wearing.

Jessica by Jessica McClintock is my all time fav. Each time I wear it someone questions "what smells so good". I even had a high school student come into the office where I was working and ask the same question. I finally got my daughter hooked on Jessica. It is probably not as well known as others nor as expensive as some but give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Judee

10 years ago a friend intorduced me to perfume oil. The scent she ot me hooked on was strawberry banana. I am more of a fruity type gal, so I just fell in love. Every time I would wear it everyone (men and women) would ask what I was wearing. Since then I have tried a couple of strawberry banana perfume oils off of ebay --> no luck though.

I was just messing around and found one that is exactly as I remembered it. I found it on Etsy and it is called (NOT JOKING) Monkey Farts.

Scent: Monkey Farts - fresh bananas, coconuts, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry...things a monkey eats....and farts :)

Here is the link:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33561229&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=monkey+farts&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I love perfume oils, they last all day plus some!

10 years ago a friend intorduced me to perfume oil. The scent she ot me hooked on was strawberry banana. I am more of a fruity type gal, so I just fell in love. Every time I would wear it everyone (men and women) would ask what I was wearing. Since then I have tried a couple of strawberry banana perfume oils off of ebay --> no luck though.

I was just messing around and found one that is exactly as I remembered it. I found it on Etsy and it is called (NOT JOKING) Monkey Farts.

Scent: Monkey Farts - fresh bananas, coconuts, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry...things a monkey eats....and farts :)

Here is the link:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33561229&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=monkey+farts&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

I love perfume oils, they last all day plus some!

Other than that I have had great luck with Ralph Lauren perfumes. They don't overpower me and smell nice.

I can't find the one that both my hubby and I loved on me it was called April Fields by the same people that made Vanilla Fields. Since I could not find it anymore I quit wearing perfume altogether. But a couple of years ago a friend gave me some that she didn't like and I loved it hubby loved it even more than me. It's Love Spell from Victoria Secrets. I bought some body wash, lotion and body spray to take with me on my cruise so I can smell good for hubby.

Years ago I LOVED both Arpege by Lanvin and My Sin by Lanvin. Neither is sold anymore. Even longer ago I really liked Estee Lauder's Youth Dew.

These days I really cannot find a perfume I really love, so I seldom wear it. I did try some Ralph Lauren Romance last week and considered going back to buy it. It is pleasant enough, but it isn't in a league with the Lanvin perfumes.

Yves St. Laurent's Opium -- I've worn it since college and always get compliments on it. Still haven't tired of it, either. I did try Thierry Mugler's Angel for a change and liked it but it's a little too popular for me. I prefer not to have people compliment the perfume ("Oh, I love Angel, too!") but me in the perfume ("Oh, you smell lovely!").

Archived