Do we know for sure where Oasis will dock in St Thomas?

jealdaka

Is that by the Heavensite mall???

No, the Havensite mall is at the Havensite dock. The January 23rd and 30th cruises are still up in the air. They have only announced that the December sailings will use Crown Bay instead of Havensite. Based on current progress the early January cruises will probably be using Crown Bay as well but haven't been announced yet. Early to mid January on could still go either way depending on if they start dredging.

I had read an article somewhere and they were interviewing the Minister of Tourism form STT. He didn't sound too hopeful about the dredging project in the harbor and mentioned that the Oasis would have to use the Crown Bay dock instead of Havensight. He also said that Crown Bay was not going to be a pleasant experience for the cruise passengers due to it's location and limited/no facilities.

Ugh I hate Crown Bay!! So disappointed to learn we are docking there. It is so far away from everything.

Didn't make me happy either. I'm surprised that RCI didn't have this handled with the local officials long ago. They should have been given a deadline to get the job done or RCI should have taken the ship to San Juan for the day. At least there we could have docked right in the middle of Old San Juan.

Ugh I hate Crown Bay!! So disappointed to learn we are docking there. It is so far away from everything.

I am also very disappointed to find this out a few weeks prior to my cruise. Why did they not notified us before? I do not like surprises. I just sent an email to my favorite jewlery store (Ballerina) in ST Thomas to find out exactly how far it is to his store. I will post the reply when I get it.

Love Ballerina. Glad to know it is the same difference. Have been dealing with James since 1996.

We also been dealing with James for many years. He has a great selection of unique jewlery which you don't see in other stores. I get an added treat since we are doing B2B, on the Oasis of the Seas I get to visit St Thomas twice. Which could be very scary for my credit card!!!

We also been dealing with James for many years. He has a great selection of unique jewlery which you don't see in other stores. I get an added treat since we are doing B2B, on the Oasis of the Seas I get to visit St Thomas twice. Which could be very scary for my credit card!!!
James has a great jewelry designer and I agree you don't see his pieces in the other STT stores. I get so many compliments on my jewelry.

I'd be afraid to do a B2B with eastern itineraries as I would spend far too much. Saving my stash for our Jan. FOS cruise.

Archived