Spa access on the Dream? Or a spa room?

MizLizzie

Would love some advice here. We have cruised Carnival only once before. We are booking on the Dream for fall of 2010 in a plain inside cabin with a family group. But someone told me that a week's spa pass on the Dream would be $250 each. Can that be right? While we don't want massages or facials, using the thermal pool and the warm stone beds (whatever they are called) is a biggie for us.

Is it correct that "spa" rooms come with free spa access? And if so, are we better off to book one of those? I hear, too, that the Dream spa has so far been over-crowded. Won't they limit the number of spa passes they sell? Do we risk simply NOT getting one if we don't book a spa room? This is all very confusing to me. We have bought week-long spa passes on NCL before, and it was the highlight of our trip. But I would also like to be on the same deck as my family, and apparently, no spa rooms are left there.

Many thanks!

The spa rooms do come with the access.Only two per room so if you book a quad the other two people would have to pay. The fee for the week is either $150 or $250 (i think $150, because I remember being told it was $30 for a day's entrance). The spa amenities are co-ed which is why I didn't do it.

I took the Splendor in May this year and it was $150 per person or $250 for 2 on a 7 day cruise.

Okay, that's probably where that $250 price came in. It was for two.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many spa passes a ship will sell?

Thanks, all.

Okay, that's probably where that $250 price came in. It was for two.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many spa passes a ship will sell?

Thanks, all.

I know they tell you there are only so many they will sell when they are selling them, my roomie bought one, but I dont know if its a selling gimmick or they really run out of them. Im sure there is a limit, or they couldnt say so.

I know they tell you there are only so many they will sell when they are selling them, my roomie bought one, but I dont know if its a selling gimmick or they really run out of them. Im sure there is a limit, or they couldnt say so.

Hi,

Can you tell me if your roomie bought a pass on the ship or before they boarded the ship. If so...where do you get them from? Can you tell me what is included in the price of a spa pass? Thanks!:)

Mike, the answer is no. The gym is free, and somewhat separate. I think the steam/sauna is attached to that. And then probably the spa is attached to THAT. (Someone correct if i am wrong, have not seen ship.)

The spa is where the frou-frou stuff is. Facials, massage, etc. And on the Dream, like some of the big NCL ships, they have a suite with a thermal pool and some heated stone beds. That, I believe, is what the spa pass pays for.

Also, my TA just told me that the spa rooms DO NOT include spa passes. They just give you priority to BUY a spa pass, and priority booking for spay treatments like massage. The website confused me, so I called Carnival. They concur that she is right. So, might as well get the cabin you want. I am sure if you go straight to the spa, anyone can get a pass.

Mike, the answer is no. The gym is free, and somewhat separate. I think the steam/sauna is attached to that. And then probably the spa is attached to THAT. (Someone correct if i am wrong, have not seen ship.)

The spa is where the frou-frou stuff is. Facials, massage, etc. And on the Dream, like some of the big NCL ships, they have a suite with a thermal pool and some heated stone beds. That, I believe, is what the spa pass pays for.

Also, my TA just told me that the spa rooms DO NOT include spa passes. They just give you priority to BUY a spa pass, and priority booking for spay treatments like massage. The website confused me, so I called Carnival. They concur that she is right. So, might as well get the cabin you want. I am sure if you go straight to the spa, anyone can get a pass.

That is not so on the Splendor, Spa rooms do INCLUDE the spa pass. Doubt it would be different on the Dream, but do not know that. :)

Thanks for the answer.

Carnival Dream Cloud 9 Spa Special Offerings

Guests in Spa accommodations will have exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities and will receive a wide array of special offerings including priority Spa appointments, unlimited use of the Thermal Suite and Thalasotherapy Pool, complimentary fitness classes and upgraded in-stateroom amenities.

Carnival Dream Spa Amenities

Note: Only 1st and 2nd guests in the Spa stateroom will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests booked in Spa staterooms and suites are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Amenities and offerings available to all the Spa accommodations include the following;

1) Welcome Reception/Ritual

2) Priority spa appointments for reservations made by 6:00pm on

Embarkation day (as stated in the Welcome Letter).

3) Unlimited access to Thermal Suites:

A) Laconium

B) epidarium

C)Oriental Steam Bath

D) Aroma Steam Bath

4) Unlimited access to Thalassotherapy Pool:

A) Detoxify, unwind and revitalize your body in a pool which is gently

heated to body temperature.

B) Ideal for alleviating arthritic pain, soothing sore muscles and

offering relief for sport injuries.

5) Two complimentary fitness classes per person (Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi)

6) Spa-branded bathrobes and slippers for use during the cruise

7) Cloud 9 Spa Carnival Products in Stateroom:

A) Elemis Carnival Shampoo and Conditioner

B) Elemis Carnival Sharp Shower Gel and Vitamin Rich Body Lotion

C) One hand and one body Elemis Carnival Soap Disk

That is not so on the Splendor, Spa rooms do INCLUDE the spa pass. Doubt it would be different on the Dream, but do not know that. :)

You know, that was what I thought. If you read the snippets of info on the Carnival Dream website, it strongly suggests it is included. But the Carnival agent could not have been more clear. Perhaps someone who has sailed in a Dream spa cabin will post more info.

Thanks.

You know, that was what I thought. If you read the snippets of info on the Carnival Dream website, it strongly suggests it is included. But the Carnival agent could not have been more clear. Perhaps someone who has sailed in a Dream spa cabin will post more info.

Thanks.

Well if no one adds in or comments on the interim, I will be on the Dream this Thursday for a TA event in NYC (the naming ceremony) and will get an absolute answer at that time.

Jim

Well if no one adds in or comments on the interim, I will be on the Dream this Thursday for a TA event in NYC (the naming ceremony) and will get an absolute answer at that time.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. That would be most appreciated.

Jim

Here is my question about the spa cabins, I just found out after we booked a different room, that all spa cabins are smoke free. I would love it for just that but because it includes the spa it is so much more...This is where my question/request/comment comes in we always book 2 cabins (1adult, 1 kid) in each, which means the kids don't get to use the spa, I wish they could be discounted in this case. I want it more for the non-smoking than for the spa. or why couldn't they make another floor/group of rooms that are non-smoking?????

Here is my question about the spa cabins, I just found out after we booked a different room, that all spa cabins are smoke free. I would love it for just that but because it includes the spa it is so much more...This is where my question/request/comment comes in we always book 2 cabins (1adult, 1 kid) in each, which means the kids don't get to use the spa, I wish they could be discounted in this case. I want it more for the non-smoking than for the spa. or why couldn't they make another floor/group of rooms that are non-smoking?????

your correct, the 3rd and 4th have to pay to use the spa. Not sure it would help, but they can purchase individual passes. Also, when we were on the Splendor, the access was by wristband (elastic on that said cloud 9 spa), not sure how they would know who was using it.....

Non-smoking is an entirely different subject. I echo your thoughts, but there are many who feel differently here.

Archived