Pride - Bow or Stern?

lcumpire

Does anyone have an opinion?

If you want minimal motion, go for a low cabin midship. The bow will get just as much as the stern, if you are sensitive to that sort of thing. We were in an aft balcony on the Empress deck and I was aware of the vibration, but it doesn't bother me. If you get seasick, I wouldn't advise it.

I have stayed on the Empress level on Legend and Miracle.

Vibrations will be felt when leaving and entering a port. It is not something that is uncomfortable.

(when they turn that boat off you will hear absolute quiet all the sudden)

This happens on all the ships not just the Pride.

We are taking the Pride out of Baltimore next month and I read that the cabins in the rear of the ship vibrates all of the time.

Does anyone have an opinion?

Thanx

Not exactly an opinion, but my experience with an aft wrap cabin was that I experienced no unusual vibrations with the possible exception of when the thrusters were used during docking ~~!!~~

My opinion, I always try and have a cabin mid-ship and close to an elevator... less walking and proximity to food & lobby area......

i had a cabin close to the bow - empress deck 6... no vibration whatsoever... though we did feel motion here, and all over the ship, in rough seas... that's to be expected...

if you want to minimize it, get a cabin midship, the lower the better.

• 3 weeks later...

We had aft cabin 7300 in September and we did feel a shake pretty much the entire cruise. It wasn't enough to drive us crazy or even enough to think about requesting a different cabin but it is noticeable. I kind of feels like one of the props is a little out of balance. If I were to sail on the ship again, I would move closer to the center of the ship.

Archived