Carrie's Review of the Pride to Nassau, Freeport , Port Canaveral Nov 1-8th

family cruisers

Did anyone get to see my pics? Did I do it wrong????

Oh no.... It took me forever.

Mark... Your answer is YES... We'd book with Carnival again in a heartbeat.

Compared to others

Princess was my first and probably my favorite to date as far as the entire package.

But in all honesty the only one we really didn't care about was NCL'S Dawn.

All others were great/to / good.

RCCL'S Explorer was too BIG for ME.

We both Loved everything about the Pride and are already talking about the next ship, which one , where and when.

So ... Yes Carnival You will be our next.

Tell me if you saw my pics PLEASE..

carrie - welcome back, though i'm sure you wish you weren't! :eek:

you're welcome! glad you enjoyed them ;)

you've got the first part down... you uploaded your photos to web shots... any third party site will do - web shots, shutterfly, photobucket (which i use)...

get the url of the photo from your web shots, and click on the 'insert image' button:

CC-IMG.jpg

input the url (http://www...) and say ok...

alternatively - don't know about web shots, but photobucket also gives you the direct code you'd need listed as 'IMG code', which has the [ IMG ] before and the / after - cc knows what this means. :)

awwww. :o

it's been a blast.

well la te da, look at you. lol...

but you hit that latter point head on... the whole process is very time consuming...

so, anyhow... inquiring minds want to know... this having been your first carnival cruise, would you plan on another? any comparisons with the other lines you've been on?

i'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as i was hoping you would... :D

Carrie, I'm about half way through the photos so far (Nassau right now). Honestly, there are some AMAZING shots in there! What type of camera were you using.

Think I may have to see the rest tomorrow though ... but thank you so much for taking the time to put them up on the site!!

Miriam

Miriam...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the pix.

It's my new little Casio digital with NO view finder. That was tough in some very sunny spots trying to see what is in the shot!!!

John surprised me w/ it before we left as my older Casio was getting tired !!!

I've always had good luck with Casio and he paid attention :)

Can you believe I'm actually cooking now ? I just got back from shoprite and have a pot of sauce on the stove to cook overnight slowly !!! Smells awesome already.

Did I mention WE loved the food on Carnival so much that I got myself the cookbook. The chefs signed it for me too :D At least they told me it was the chefs... Could have been the clean up crew for all I know :rolleyes:

Carrie, I'm about half way through the photos so far (Nassau right now). Honestly, there are some AMAZING shots in there! What type of camera were you using.

Think I may have to see the rest tomorrow though ... but thank you so much for taking the time to put them up on the site!!

Miriam

Hey ... Theres my Girl...

Sheri .. So glad you enjoyed the review..

Everyone .. this is Sheri.

We met on here over a year ago and have become great email / CC friends.

We have so much in common and it just goes to show that friendships can be made on these boards.

Carrie, great review.

So glad you had a GREAT cruise!

Sheri ;)

Seemed more like a lake than an ocean... Super calm seas.

Have a wonderful 10th and so many more after that :)

Carrie

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. It's good to know you had calm seas for your trip. Our first and only cruise thus far on NCL was pretty bad!

We were on NCL to Bermuda the last three years (except for this year) and had seas almost to 30 ft. for the first day and a half! Luckily we don't get motion sickness. That would have done it...

Your Welcome too :)

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. It's good to know you had calm seas for your trip. Our first and only cruise thus far on NCL was pretty bad!

I forgot to mention the Chocolate buffet.

It was held on friday from 12-2:30 in the lido buffet area.

I thought carnival hit it on the nail with this one. They had it behind glass so you had to be served. No chaos at all.

We didn't get there until the end as we were having lunch in the MDR and asked when it was. I never saw it in the capers.

I was still thrilled w/ the selection left.

Way to go Carnival.

I'm a chocoholic so this was heaven for me :)

I like my one or two cups of coffee in the morning as does John.

He said the first day coffee wasn't great, had to get used to it.

I never got used to it. Needed alot of sugar and cream for me.

I'm a dunkin donuts girl, not starbucks and I found coffee to be on the strong / dark side..

Hey ... You found it ...

Did you see the pics ???

I could never have done what Mark did. He's a special kind of person to do that. I did my short and simple ...

I now have to go food shopping and fill the fridge with everything that I just threw out!!! I don't even have MILK...

I'll be back soon.

Carrie

I know the feeling! I typically give away anything that I know will go bad before we leave (bread, milk, eggs ect.) and then have to stock back up like we just moved in when we get home. I guess it's one of the sacrifices you have to make LOL

I like my one or two cups of coffee in the morning as does John.

He said the first day coffee wasn't great, had to get used to it.

I never got used to it. Needed alot of sugar and cream for me.

I'm a dunkin donuts girl, not starbucks and I found coffee to be on the strong / dark side..

I did too and I even prepared myself with extra cream and sugar. I did manage to get it right by making it at about 1/3 hot water and 2/3 coffee before adding a normal amount of cream/sugar so it didn't taste too much like hot milk heehee. I've never had starbux but I absolutely love DD coffee. I'd live in that store if they had cots laid out somewhere! (yes I'm a coffee-a-holic).

As far as the pics I found then righ away last night but had things to do and then off to work so I'll have to check them out now before I go to bed.

HI Brian - good morning !

I'm not a coffeeholic but do enjoy one + cups in the mornings. I do like dunkin donuts the best. If you had to mix part hot water to your coffee you would NOT like starbucks.

You'll be on the Pride for my b/day ... I'm jealous.

Hope you like the pics.

Off to work for me.

Enjoy the day.

Carrie

I know the feeling! I typically give away anything that I know will go bad before we leave (bread, milk, eggs ect.) and then have to stock back up like we just moved in when we get home. I guess it's one of the sacrifices you have to make LOL

I did too and I even prepared myself with extra cream and sugar. I did manage to get it right by making it at about 1/3 hot water and 2/3 coffee before adding a normal amount of cream/sugar so it didn't taste too much like hot milk heehee. I've never had starbux but I absolutely love DD coffee. I'd live in that store if they had cots laid out somewhere! (yes I'm a coffee-a-holic).

As far as the pics I found then righ away last night but had things to do and then off to work so I'll have to check them out now before I go to bed.

You'll be on the Pride for my b/day ... I'm jealous.

Carrie

LOL too funny. You know.... there's only 26 more saturdays until we leave! Plenty of time for you to rebook heehee.

I'm looking at the pics now and am curious about the balconies on page 6. Where were you at when you took thos pics? I had the impression that the vast majority didn't have alot of privacy issues.

Have fun at work!

Carrie -

Great review! Loved the pics as well.

We were in Freeport at Spring Break 2 years ago. As we didn't want to go anywhere, we were not happy with the industrialness of the port. It looks like they've done some work. We'll have to try Our Lucaya next July. :-)

Well I fished glancing at your pic thunbnails and looked at about half of them. I'll have to go one by one with them later and show the DD7 and DS4 them tonight as they are more excited about the upcoming cruise than they are about Christmas! the pics look great especially knowing you didn't have a preview type screen and only the lil peep hole. I'll catch ya on here later tonight to let you know what the kiddos think of the pics. Have a good day!

Click on picture that says "Public Shoe box".. It's the closet on the pride.

Once that opens there are pages and pages of my pix..

Please try again.

It works when I do it.

I didn't have any problem opening them. I got through 100 and decided I better get to work since I am at the office. I will have to finish looking at them when I get home. We enjoyed the Pride very much when we were on her out of Long Beach. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. I really enjoy looking at pictures and have a bunch of bookmarks so I can go back and look at them. So glad you enjoyed your trip and the weather was good.

Archived