Carrie's Review of the Pride to Nassau, Freeport , Port Canaveral Nov 1-8th

family cruisers

Oh that is good timing! I happened to see them when you posted the link on the Bahamas board, but then just read your review today. I remember being confused when you wrote to click on the ship's closet picture, until I clicked on your link and it made total sense! I do have a question for you, if you don't mind-do you remember how much you paid to park at the port? Also I noticed you were from NJ and it took you 3 hours with no traffic-what time of day did you leave? We are coming from MA and its supposed to take 5 hours but I am concerned about traffic. Thanks for your help!

Parking at the port was $105.00 for the week. You pay cash or credit card when you pull in.

We left NJ around 10 - 10:30 ish in the morning. Stopped off a few times at rest stops for bathroom breaks and My BF's cigars !!!

We lucked out and hit NO traffic / accidents or anything.

We got to the port at 2:30 and were on the ship by 3:00. It couldn't have been better.

If we did this ship/port again I'd do the same time frame. I don't need to be the first on the ship but I do prefer not to have to sit in a terminal and wait...

Ask away if you have more questions. You can always shoot me an email too. I'll see that quicker.

Carrie

Oh that is good timing! I happened to see them when you posted the link on the Bahamas board, but then just read your review today. I remember being confused when you wrote to click on the ship's closet picture, until I clicked on your link and it made total sense! I do have a question for you, if you don't mind-do you remember how much you paid to park at the port? Also I noticed you were from NJ and it took you 3 hours with no traffic-what time of day did you leave? We are coming from MA and its supposed to take 5 hours but I am concerned about traffic. Thanks for your help!

The parking area is also super safe. It's right off I-95 but it ALL fenced it. Again, the entire staff in Baltimore were super organized and very friendly. Being our first time driving/parking we thought it would be somewhat stressful and it was quite the opposite.

We usually get dropped off at the port in NYC and really never had a problem there either.

April will be here so quick. It's now thanksgiving, then Christmas will be here, New Years, Valentines and Easter time... Think of the $$$$ you'll spend within that time period and hope it comes quickly !!!

Have a great day !!

Carrie

thank you! $105 is doable-still cheaper then flying to FL! I am so excited-I just can't wait for it to be April!

Carrie, been here from the beginning (Mark's review) (then Yours)...leaving tomorrow on the Pride. I've written all my notes down, wish me luck:) Question: does anyone know how to charge your IPOD? We usually charge in the computers/laptops and we don't have the wall unit adapter...did anyone notice how to possibly get a charge? Thanks lot!

-Heather

The parking area is also super safe. It's right off I-95 but it ALL fenced it. Again, the entire staff in Baltimore were super organized and very friendly. Being our first time driving/parking we thought it would be somewhat stressful and it was quite the opposite.

We usually get dropped off at the port in NYC and really never had a problem there either.

April will be here so quick. It's now thanksgiving, then Christmas will be here, New Years, Valentines and Easter time... Think of the $$$$ you'll spend within that time period and hope it comes quickly !!!

Have a great day !!

Carrie

Thank you! I was starting to worry slightly about the saftey in the parking lot after reading this ridiculous thread in the departures board about Baltimore about everyone and their expensive cars. Anyway, thank you for the heads up, I feel better now!

I just can't wait to be onboard, hopefully relaxed since I don't have to worry about flying! Since I'm a crazy planner, I usually can not relax until I am safely on board with my luggage in hand, but since I'm not flying for a change that will aleviate some stress! I also appreciated hearing that you enjoyed the food so much that you cancelled your supper club reservation, that says a lot!

Seriously nothing to worry about with the safety of the cars. So safe. Everywhere is fenced in.

As for food... OMG so so good, great actually. Don't know if you read but my passion is cooking and I do it well. When we go out to eat I want / expect better than what I'd make/serve at home and the Pride lived up to that expectation ... I'll be making their soups soon since it;'s getting cold here. I had to buy their cookbook which has some great recipes we did eat on the ship..

Carrie

I'm looking at cruises now but don't want the same itinerary that we just did.

Thank you! I was starting to worry slightly about the saftey in the parking lot after reading this ridiculous thread in the departures board about Baltimore about everyone and their expensive cars. Anyway, thank you for the heads up, I feel better now!

I just can't wait to be onboard, hopefully relaxed since I don't have to worry about flying! Since I'm a crazy planner, I usually can not relax until I am safely on board with my luggage in hand, but since I'm not flying for a change that will aleviate some stress! I also appreciated hearing that you enjoyed the food so much that you cancelled your supper club reservation, that says a lot!

I'm looking at cruises now but don't want the same itinerary that we just did.

I don't blame you! I don't know where else you've been but any ship that stops in Cozumel is good with me-I love it there! We're also doing the Victory for our honeymoon in August-6 ports in 7 days! It sounds exhausting but its a great way to see the Carribean!

I have a question for you about your stop in Nassau-I know you got a special "deal" at the hotel you stopped at, but had you not gotten that deal, would you have felt the $25 per person was well worth it? Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Carrie,

did you delete the pics? this is the message I keep getting...

"We're sorry...

...due to a high volume of page requests, this Webshots page is not available right now.

If you are looking for a photo, it is possible that the photo has moved or no longer exists.

If you are in the process of creating an album, please be assured that your data has been sent to our site. You may try refreshing the browser window or reloading the page in a few moments. "

Hi, Carrie

I love all your posts. I decided based on your research to go to Wyndam and Lucaya :) We leave Sunday! I can't see your pics though. Webshots link says you have no albums. I really want to see them! From the posts, they sound really good. Did something happen to your link on webshots? Thanks!!

Hi Carrie,

Well we did it this afternoon, we are booked on The Pride 1-31-10!!I've been following your review and the fares for the past month and today with the past guest pricing decided it was time. Your review and MARK's (OMG)reviews are excellent. Thanks!! Consulted the DW and she agreed to go ahead. This will be our 4th cruise and we NEVER had a balcony, always OV. This time we will be in a BALCONY!!:D We are excited to say the least. I called our PVP and he got us an 8E on the Verandah deck.

Great Review and thanks again.

James & Kerry

• 4 weeks later...

I feel so bad I hadn't checked back in a while.

Happy New Year everyone !!!!!

I did pull my pics a while back after receing a "Weired email" from someone on CC.... I'd be happy to send some to your email and tell me what you'd like to see. I did take over 600 pictures.

If its freeport, Nassau or the ship in general just ask.

to the comment about Nassau and would we pay the $25.00 p/person I'd probably say Maybe!!!!! For $50.00 I think lunch or at least drinks should be included. I can't see spending $50.00 for two people to swim, and use a towel and chair. Especially since were Bermuda lovers and to go onto one of the most gorgous beaches anywhere "Horseshoe beach" and not pay a fee to use it but for cheap you can rent a chair and they have a concession stand that doesn't rip you off and also showers and changing area. Try what we did. Walk right onto the outdoor property area, go to the pool towel hut and offer the guy $10.00 p/person. It goes right in his pocket and I guarantee he'll take it. He took ours QUICKLY.. What a gig he's got going there. LOL

So.............. $50.00 is alot BUT if you're willing to pay it it IS a beautiful resort, it really is... Your call.

Have a great time .....

I did delete the photos. If you need to see anything in particular send me an email and I'd be happy to send you some.

Carrie

Carrie,

did you delete the pics? this is the message I keep getting...

"We're sorry...

...due to a high volume of page requests, this Webshots page is not available right now.

If you are looking for a photo, it is possible that the photo has moved or no longer exists.

If you are in the process of creating an album, please be assured that your data has been sent to our site. You may try refreshing the browser window or reloading the page in a few moments. "

Hi Carrie!

Just wanted to let you know how nice your review was and how during the holiday whirl I kept thinking of your pending review and Mark finishing his review. What a relief to sign back on to CC after all of this time (I think I haven't been on since I wished you a good trip! Guess life stepped in or something...) and see your review and to see that Mark has yet to finish up. Both things made me smile. So glad your trip was all you'd hoped it would be!!

Thank you for your review and Happy New Year...I'm going to go see if any of your pictures are available!

trece

Funny you mentioned Charleston and the Fantasy. We were just looking at those sailings as we have a house in Murrells Inlet so It's a great time to go check on the house !!!

Welcome back Carrie! Lurker from Mark's review here. Funny you mentioned Charleston....we LIVE here! Cant wait to get on the Fantasy!:D

(Man, why cant I figure out this quote thing) :(

Funny you mentioned Charleston and the Fantasy. We were just looking at those sailings as we have a house in Murrells Inlet so It's a great time to go check on the house !!!

Welcome back Carrie! Lurker from Mark's review here. Funny you mentioned Charleston....we LIVE here! Cant wait to get on the Fantasy!:D

(Man, why cant I figure out this quote thing) :(

Make sure you leave the [ /quote ] on the end of what you're quoting. :-)

Hi Carrie-

We are sailing on the Pride next January. I would LOVE to see some pics of Freeport. We have been to Port Canaveral and Nassau, but not yet to Freeport. Did you arrange for transportation in port in advance? We are just looking for laid back beach days, without spending a fortune. We have 3 kids and the excursions thorugh Carnival add up quickly. Any advice/tips you have would be great! I know we still have a year :( until our trip, but planning is getting me through this terribly cold weather right now.

If you can e-mail some pics, that would be great:

mykidsrock76@gmail.com

Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a great review. I know that you went without your kids. Would you recommend the Pride as a good ship to sail with kids? Was there enough for them to do? (did you notice???) I've seen some mixed reviews regarding the Pride and kids...

I can tell you the week we sailed was a vacation week for the school system and there were alot of kids onboard BUT they were really good so I'd take it that meant they were having a good time. It's usually when they're bored that they act up , right ?

Pride is a great ship for anyone in my opinion.

Thanks for a great review. I know that you went without your kids. Would you recommend the Pride as a good ship to sail with kids? Was there enough for them to do? (did you notice???) I've seen some mixed reviews regarding the Pride and kids...

Hi,

I've put together some photos in different categories such as :

Nassau,

Freeport,

pulling into port canaveral

onboard ship

etc..

Cable beach resort

Freeport "Our Lucaya" resorts

If anyone needs to see these send me an email and I'd be happy to send you some.

Carrie

Archived