Carrie's Review of the Pride to Nassau, Freeport , Port Canaveral Nov 1-8th

family cruisers

Carrie,

I'm also one of the ones from Mark's review...just "soaking" in all the possible information I can about the boat and suchas we will go out our first time this coming August(see my siggie).

I did read some of your review and will need to go back and refresh myself but I also wanted to say thanks for including pictures.

You will have a wonderful adventure onboard the Pride... We loved it .

Did you get to look through any of the pictures I linked onto the review?

When you board the ship you'll feel like you know it already ...

I stayed on the review.. Mark seemed to have disappeared into think air..

Carrie,

I'm also one of the ones from Mark's review...just "soaking" in all the possible information I can about the boat and suchas we will go out our first time this coming August(see my siggie).

I did read some of your review and will need to go back and refresh myself but I also wanted to say thanks for including pictures.

Hello Carrie, thanks for your helpful review! You mentioned that in Port Canaveral, there were independent shuttles available at the cruise terminal to take people to Cocoa Beach. Where they cheaper than the $16 that Carnival charges for the Ron Jon beach shuttle? Did they seem to be in short supply? Most importantly - did you see if they were out before 9AM, which is the earliest departure for the Carnival-sponsored shuttle?

I will be honest, I know I wrote the price somewhere in my review but I do remember it was cheaper than by booking it through the ship. I also found they do roundtrip as many times as you like for the same price.

There were all lined up waiting to go... That wasn't a problem at all.

As we docked our cabin overlooked the parking lot and there were tons of shuttle pulling up in time for everyone getting off the ship.

Hello Carrie, thanks for your helpful review! You mentioned that in Port Canaveral, there were independent shuttles available at the cruise terminal to take people to Cocoa Beach. Where they cheaper than the $16 that Carnival charges for the Ron Jon beach shuttle? Did they seem to be in short supply? Most importantly - did you see if they were out before 9AM, which is the earliest departure for the Carnival-sponsored shuttle?

• 2 months later...

Wow... I know it's somewhere in my review. I think we arrived back around 9am ish.... We got off the ship maybe sometime before noon? I'd really have to read my whole review over again BUT feel free, it's there somewhere.

We're booked again to go back on the Pride October 2010 and we FINALLY booked an AFT extended balcony dead center... I know it's deeper than the side cabin but what we really want are those wake views and sounds... We loved everything about the pride except the itinerary to be honest (Port Canaveral mostly) but it wasn't bad enough to keep us from going again :)

What time did you arrive back? and what time did you get off the ship?

thx

I think next time (October 2010) I'll do a comparison review of our last years pride cruise (this time we have an Aft extended balcony) w/ ports to this coming cruise on the pride to see if theres much if any difference.

LOL Carrie. I can think of 2 or 3 differences off the top of my head. Temp, sights and knowledge come to mind. You'll likely see more whale/dolphin/flying fish type of life from the aft balcony (my experience). You'll likely have better temps when you go in oct. and you'll already know the ship so no need to get aquianted with the layout and such. Having sailed on 3 trips in a row with the same layout I found it EXTRA helpful knowing where things were and how to get them w/o checking or asking!

Hi Brian,

We're actually sailing the same week as we did last year, last week in October which falls into the first week of November. I hope the temps are even better but have to admit it was perfect weather last cruise.

I love this excitement after booking a cruise. I forgot to tell you that I couldn't hold in the surprise of the Aft cabin. It lasted maybe 5 minutes and I blurted it out excitedly... He laughed cause thats so me.

2 years ago on our NCL Dawn to bermuda we had an inside cabin, I upgraded us to a balcony and held the surprise in for a few months. I told everyone I knew and everyone on CC and somehow managed to keep in that surprise, so now of course we have to take a balcony. John's always wanted to have those wake views so I couldn't resist this time.

LOL Carrie. I can think of 2 or 3 differences off the top of my head. Temp, sights and knowledge come to mind. You'll likely see more whale/dolphin/flying fish type of life from the aft balcony (my experience). You'll likely have better temps when you go in oct. and you'll already know the ship so no need to get aquianted with the layout and such. Having sailed on 3 trips in a row with the same layout I found it EXTRA helpful knowing where things were and how to get them w/o checking or asking!

• 3 weeks later...
Carrie -

Great review! Loved the pics as well.

We were in Freeport at Spring Break 2 years ago. As we didn't want to go anywhere, we were not happy with the industrialness of the port. It looks like they've done some work. We'll have to try Our Lucaya next July. :-)

You'll be getting off when I get on July 18th. I can't wait!!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived