Carrie's Review of the Pride to Nassau, Freeport , Port Canaveral Nov 1-8th

family cruisers

Thank you so much for this review.. and the pics ..

We'll be going to Freeport in April on the Conquest and I was getting a little nervous .. your description of how to go is so CLEAR!!! And it looks like a great resort ... DIL and I will be doing THAT for sure ..

Now for a VERY weird question - did you see anyone on the beach braiding hair ... DIL wants to do that .. (not sure why ... laugh)..

I think they had a tent set up on the beach for that and they DID have it for sure in the "Our Lucaya shopping plaza". Very nice people too. I had my hair braided once in jamaica and it was horrible, they did the whole head and I just looked UGLY.

Then in mexico I had them to 3 braids on each side and it looked great.

I'll be happy to answer any more questions so don't worry.

Thank you so much for this review.. and the pics ..

We'll be going to Freeport in April on the Conquest and I was getting a little nervous .. your description of how to go is so CLEAR!!! And it looks like a great resort ... DIL and I will be doing THAT for sure ..

Now for a VERY weird question - did you see anyone on the beach braiding hair ... DIL wants to do that .. (not sure why ... laugh)..

These are the coupons I have left.

I'll list individually and would be happy to mail them out to whom ever WILL use them.

Pre order 4 bottles of wine get the 5th bottle free

15 % discount of a set of etched flute glasses w/ purchase of any sparkling wine

10 $ off 2nd bottle of wine

10 % discount of any memory box from the formalities ship.

receive a complimentary plate of Chocolate delights w/ purchase of $45.00 or higher bottle of champage for stateroom delivery

Free Carnival Hurricane souvenir glass w/ purchase of any frozen drink

Receive an Wltra Premium "Kelel One" Martini for the price of a regular martini

Receive a complimentary $5.00 "Free-Play" chip.

Purchase an entry into any Ocean Players Club Tournament and receive a 2nd Tournament entry free.

Receive a Grande Coffee for the price of a tall coffee

15 % off purchase of "Towel Creations w/ Freddy " book.

20 % off Le Therapie Hyrdralift Facial or Elemis Stone Therapy while ships in port

$$ 99.00 chose either Loritherme or aromaspa ocen wrap while ship is in port

Free 2nd set of prints on board

10 Mins. Free w/ purchase of time plan # 1

5 Mins free w/ purchase of Time plan # 2

I'd rather send them as individuals so you can enjoy what you'll really use.

Send me an email (bottom by signature) and I'll mail out to you asap.

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for all the info and pictures on your cruise! I'm going on Pride with three others this coming Sunday, and it's like we'll be re-living your cruise! It looks like you had great weather, I'm hoping Ida's out of the way by then so that we will, too.

We've stayed at the Sheraton across from Our Lucaya before, so we're looking forward to going back. Never been to Atlantis, looking forward to checking that out.

Take care,

SeaTurt1e

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourselves on the beautiful Islands of the Bahamas. If you see the Pink Panther in Freeport (did you see that picture) tell him the "Fly girl" (In matching pink ) said hello.... I'm sure he tells everyone that too.. It made me laugh.

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for all the info and pictures on your cruise! I'm going on Pride with three others this coming Sunday, and it's like we'll be re-living your cruise! It looks like you had great weather, I'm hoping Ida's out of the way by then so that we will, too.

We've stayed at the Sheraton across from Our Lucaya before, so we're looking forward to going back. Never been to Atlantis, looking forward to checking that out.

Take care,

SeaTurt1e

Enjoying your review! Love all the pictures, but I have to go through them kinda slowly due to the whole "work" thing! :p

I enjoyed the interaction between you and Mark on his post, we have two of the same ports on our upcoming cruise and my DH and I learned alot!

If those coupons are still avaliable, would you mind sending me the free glass and the $5.00 play chip one? Ill send you our address in an email.

Thanks so much!

I just noticed the coupons expire 12/31/09

Enjoying your review! Love all the pictures, but I have to go through them kinda slowly due to the whole "work" thing! :p

I enjoyed the interaction between you and Mark on his post, we have two of the same ports on our upcoming cruise and my DH and I learned alot!

If those coupons are still avaliable, would you mind sending me the free glass and the $5.00 play chip one? Ill send you our address in an email.

Thanks so much!

Carrie,

Thanks for posting the detailed review of your 11/1 cruise. My wife and I were on the same cruise and you hit the nail on the head. We thought it was a great cruise. We sailed on Royal Carribean 5 times and were not happy with the last one. We read all kinds of good and bad reviews/ comparrisons on these boards. We wanted to try Carnival for ourselves. We were very pleasantly suroprised. The food in the main dining room was excellent. The service and entertainment were great. We had the best waiter ever, Alan. We did do David's one night and it was a wonderful experience. I also live in South Jersey and have sailed out of Bayonne 3 times. Baltimore is a much easier port, in and out, and more organized. We also did the Sheraton in Nassau but paid the 25 each. It was worth it, we had a nice day on the beach. I echo all you said. I wish I was still on the Pride, however, we lucked out with the weather. It's storming down there this week.

Flatiron

Hi ... So glad to hear we share the same thoughts on the Pride and Carnival in general as it was new to all of us !

We're thinking of the Fantasy next , smaller Carnival ship and I love the ports - Freeport,Nassau and Key West . Prices are amazing and it's great for us.Only drawback is it's out of Charleston,SC. We can check on our house while there and have something to look forward to on the ride down.

We will do carnival again without doubt.

I am holding an OBC for $200.00 to go back on NCL and of course we won't waste that. It expires next October..

We love Bermuda so I'm sure it'll be there again.

Thanks for responding to my thread.

Carrie,

Thanks for posting the detailed review of your 11/1 cruise. My wife and I were on the same cruise and you hit the nail on the head. We thought it was a great cruise. We sailed on Royal Carribean 5 times and were not happy with the last one. We read all kinds of good and bad reviews/ comparrisons on these boards. We wanted to try Carnival for ourselves. We were very pleasantly suroprised. The food in the main dining room was excellent. The service and entertainment were great. We had the best waiter ever, Alan. We did do David's one night and it was a wonderful experience. I also live in South Jersey and have sailed out of Bayonne 3 times. Baltimore is a much easier port, in and out, and more organized. We also did the Sheraton in Nassau but paid the 25 each. It was worth it, we had a nice day on the beach. I echo all you said. I wish I was still on the Pride, however, we lucked out with the weather. It's storming down there this week.

Flatiron

Thank you so much for the review. I'm going on the Pride on 12/13 and it is my first cruise but between your review & Mark's, I feel like I've done it before. :)

What time did you leave? We are also driving down from NJ and I'm not sure when we are leaving yet.

If the coupons are still available, I would love the $10 off a second bottle of wine one.

Carrie,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, I am really enjoying it!

If noone has asked for the martini coupon, I would like to have that one. :rolleyes: Also, the coffee coupon would be good for the morning after! :o

Are these coupons they give you for being a past guest?

If so, I might get them.....I know RCCL does that but haven't cruised Carnival enough.

I'll email you my address.

Thanks so much!

Pam

These are the coupons I have left.

I'll list individually and would be happy to mail them out to whom ever WILL use them.

Pre order 4 bottles of wine get the 5th bottle free

15 % discount of a set of etched flute glasses w/ purchase of any sparkling wine

10 $ off 2nd bottle of wine

10 % discount of any memory box from the formalities ship.

receive a complimentary plate of Chocolate delights w/ purchase of $45.00 or higher bottle of champage for stateroom delivery

Free Carnival Hurricane souvenir glass w/ purchase of any frozen drink

Receive an Wltra Premium "Kelel One" Martini for the price of a regular martini

Receive a complimentary $5.00 "Free-Play" chip.

Purchase an entry into any Ocean Players Club Tournament and receive a 2nd Tournament entry free.

Receive a Grande Coffee for the price of a tall coffee

15 % off purchase of "Towel Creations w/ Freddy " book.

20 % off Le Therapie Hyrdralift Facial or Elemis Stone Therapy while ships in port

$$ 99.00 chose either Loritherme or aromaspa ocen wrap while ship is in port

Free 2nd set of prints on board

10 Mins. Free w/ purchase of time plan # 1

5 Mins free w/ purchase of Time plan # 2

I'd rather send them as individuals so you can enjoy what you'll really use.

Send me an email (bottom by signature) and I'll mail out to you asap.

Carrie

We left NJ around 10:30 and stopped a few times . No traffic or anything. Got to the pier around 2:30 and on ship by 3.

Send me an email and I'll get the coupon to you.

NO problem

Thank you so much for the review. I'm going on the Pride on 12/13 and it is my first cruise but between your review & Mark's, I feel like I've done it before. :)

What time did you leave? We are also driving down from NJ and I'm not sure when we are leaving yet.

If the coupons are still available, I would love the $10 off a second bottle of wine one.

We are NOW past guests . Coupons were from our online agency.

Send me an email and I'll send you the coupons. They expire 1/30/10

Carrie

Carrie' date='

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, I am really enjoying it!

If noone has asked for the martini coupon, I would like to have that one. :rolleyes: Also, the coffee coupon would be good for the morning after! :o

Are these coupons they give you for being a past guest?

If so, I might get them.....I know RCCL does that but haven't cruised Carnival enough.

I'll email you my address.

Thanks so much!

Pam[/quote']

hi carrie,

love your pix's & review.

had to laugh, @ the telephone photo's. mark really rubbed off on you! lol

i knew from reading you on marks review you'd love cruising, did you book your next one yet! lol

i have a question, we're having an informal m&g, i [having never been on the pride lol] picked the........... "bar on the lido deck closest to the buffett,so if it rains we could go inside".......... i looked on the deckplans & there are bars on both sides of the buffett!!!! lol

soooo the question is, is one bar closer to the buffett than the other?, are there tables in the aft, by the poisidon bar?

hope you or someone reading your review can help

we leave on the 15th

karen

Hi evgal..... There is a bar at the back of the Aft Pool deck area that would be fine for a meet & greet and yes there are tables, stools at the bar and lounge chairs on all sides of the pool. That ship has lots of great areas. Why not wait until you're on board to check out the ship and have the M&G advertised in the caper this way you could pick out that perfect spot ?

I've had alot of fun on Marks thread and met some great people because of it. I've only been cruising now for 6 years in a row and really do have such a love for it. This wasn't my first cruise but a first for carnival and it won't be the last.

I love pictures, todays picture is tomorrows memory. I have tons of memories !!!

You will love the Pride ...

Any more ???'s let me know.

Carrie

hi carrie,

love your pix's & review.

had to laugh, @ the telephone photo's. mark really rubbed off on you! lol

i knew from reading you on marks review you'd love cruising, did you book your next one yet! lol

i have a question, we're having an informal m&g, i [having never been on the pride lol] picked the........... "bar on the lido deck closest to the buffett,so if it rains we could go inside".......... i looked on the deckplans & there are bars on both sides of the buffett!!!! lol

soooo the question is, is one bar closer to the buffett than the other?, are there tables in the aft, by the poisidon bar?

hope you or someone reading your review can help

we leave on the 15th

karen

Hi Carrie

Thanks for the review, and the questions you have been answering. I apologize in advance if I missed the info in a previous post, but here goes. What time did the ship get back into port on the return? Need to know for booking flight. How long after it arrived were you able to disembark, and could you do the self disembarkation?

Thanks for your help, and glad you enjoyed your cruise so much, we are looking forward to it.

We arrived in Baltimore at 9am.

We got off the ship by noon.

If you can handle your luggge than thats the way to go. They started around 9:30 - 10am letting people off the ship.

The night before you'll receive luggage tags to have on your luggage and outside your cabin door by midnight for collection.

We had # 17.

We found out from a ships employee who was letting the people off that no one checks the # on your luggage tags so they have no idea who has what number.

Once your off the ship and into the terminal every area is marked with the numbers coordinating on the luggage, You'll spot it immediatly.

It was quick and painless.

We stayed in our cabin and enjoyed the balcony right till the end. They want everyone out of their staterooms by 9:30 so we followed their rules.It's only fair as the next group of excited people waiting to get on can get on at their time and begin to enjoy their journey .

I wish you a wonderful upcoming cruise.

Carrie

Feel free to ask more questions as they arise. It's never a problem.

Hi Carrie

Thanks for the review, and the questions you have been answering. I apologize in advance if I missed the info in a previous post, but here goes. What time did the ship get back into port on the return? Need to know for booking flight. How long after it arrived were you able to disembark, and could you do the self disembarkation?

Thanks for your help, and glad you enjoyed your cruise so much, we are looking forward to it.

carrie,

thanks for the quick reply,i wanted to post the on the roll call, i don't know how to get it into the caper, i guess i should call carnival,well thanks again.

i'm sorry i thought this was your first cruise, guess i missed the first "carnival" distinction lol, as i said this is my first carnival, but have cruised almost all the other lines. i'm really looking forward to it.

lol, can you believe mark slept thru freeport!! all our chiding & pleading...& he didn't even have pix's! i think its just tooo funny!!!

thanks again

karen

If you contact Carnival they will advise you to the best possible meet & greet. The person who started our roll call never did anything . Oh well. I had a great time on Marks thread getting to know so many people and we still email back and forth. We may disagree on things here and there on these threads but we all share that great love for cruising ...

You will absolutly love the Pride. Can't wait to hear your exciting stories from your first.

Carrie

carrie,

thanks for the quick reply,i wanted to post the on the roll call, i don't know how to get it into the caper, i guess i should call carnival,well thanks again.

i'm sorry i thought this was your first cruise, guess i missed the first "carnival" distinction lol, as i said this is my first carnival, but have cruised almost all the other lines. i'm really looking forward to it.

lol, can you believe mark slept thru freeport!! all our chiding & pleading...& he didn't even have pix's! i think its just tooo funny!!!

thanks again

karen

for the quick answer, as now I feel better about the timing, for the flight home.

We are leaving in a couple weeks and are looking forward to it after reading your and Mark's reviews. I have another question for you...did you notice when you were at the wonderful beaches you were at, were there areas where someone could sit and be in a sheltered area out of the sun? Maybe a pavillion or gazebo or something?

Yes, they had those palapas (straw umbrellas) on the beach at the sheraton cable beach resort. Check out my pix and you'll see them.

Don't remember on freeport. I'll check my pix after work and get back to you ok.

Shoot me an email to remind me if you can.

Enjoy the day.

Carrie

for the quick answer, as now I feel better about the timing, for the flight home.

We are leaving in a couple weeks and are looking forward to it after reading your and Mark's reviews. I have another question for you...did you notice when you were at the wonderful beaches you were at, were there areas where someone could sit and be in a sheltered area out of the sun? Maybe a pavillion or gazebo or something?

Archived