Educate me - what's a hump room?

Okay, I have seen the phrase 'Hump' room, cabin and balcony but can't find out what they are.

I'm quickly realizing that there are lots of tips to be picked up here on CC that will make our wonderful cruises even better!

Thanks in advance.

Phil

If you look at the floor plans of say the Radiance class you can see the area in the middle of the ship that humps or bumps out, those are the hump cabins. On this class the end ones have extra large balconies though on the other classes the size difference is negligible. If you are in a middle one you can see complete aft and forward with no obstructions.

There are special cabins with large beds especially designed for honeymoons and other cruise where lots of sex will take place hence the name "Hump Cabins" :p :eek:

Not really!!! LMAO...:eek:...On some Royal ships you will see a large bulge in the center of the ship, these are hump cabins and on some classes (Radiance for example) the cabins have larger balconies due to the hump. All hump cabins are centrally located near elevators as well and since they protrude from the hull you can see more as well....for all of these reasons they are in very high demand

We've had humps on Brilliance twice, Jewel, Voyager. Up next for humps is Mariner and Radiance. Your cabin itself appears bigger. Friends on Voyager said that our hump JS was just as big as their GS, just laid out different. The sq. ft. quote from RCCL on line is generic, and not really accurate for humps. Your balcony may or may not be bigger, depending on the cabin you book. Check out the deck plans.

These cabins are extremely convenient to stairs and lifts. And, they are tucked away in to nearby hallways where no stair or lift noise is heard.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

I googled it..... me bad for not noting the togger : suek46.....

No worries I saw you got it from the photobucket album from suek46.

I´m not suek46, but I took this picture on March 13th 2004. It actually shows Jewel of the Seas as she´s leaving the covered building dock in Papenburg, Germany.

Here´s the link to the original pic and the rest of the series

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1125051351054182848XNsiEu

;)

There are special cabins with large beds especially designed for honeymoons and other cruise where lots of sex will take place hence the name "Hump Cabins" :p :eek:

I like this answer the best!!!! :D

Not to say that the hump cabins couldn't be used for that purpose....

Thanks to everyone for the responses. The answer to my question is obvious once you know the answer. LOL

We LOVE the Radiance class ships so we will watch out for availability of the hump cabins with our next reservations

Phil

We've had humps on Brilliance twice, Jewel, Voyager. Up next for humps is Mariner and Radiance. Your cabin itself appears bigger. Friends on Voyager said that our hump JS was just as big as their GS, just laid out different. The sq. ft. quote from RCCL on line is generic, and not really accurate for humps. Your balcony may or may not be bigger, depending on the cabin you book. Check out the deck plans.

These cabins are extremely convenient to stairs and lifts. And, they are tucked away in to nearby hallways where no stair or lift noise is heard.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

I have to agree with that statement.

I had JS 9318 on Mariner in May, and it was huge.

I was able to view 2 other Juniors on a cabin crawl last cruise, and the aft JS was not much bigger than a balcony cabin. Balcony was larger and deeper, though.

Another JS on the side was a bit larger than the aft one, but I have to say, my hump cabin was the roomiest. Even the walk-in closet was bigger. The balcony was about standard size.

Yep, I'll go for the hump any day!!

.......and for all of the above reasons.:D

Entschuldigen.....

Googled Radiance got Jewel..... wrong togger..... what is the world coming to!

Can't wait to get on board again. The pics just make me hungry for more!

Really no need to appologize, I was more amused about seeing where my pic came from. When I saw the pic I was curious if it was mine, so I clicked on properties and was surprised to see where you got it from.

I make my pics available online for others to see, so all is good.:)

Now I Know why my GF booked this cabin and wouldnt switch it for OBC IM Gettin Lucky:p

I told her we were already in the Balcony club:D

Now I Know why my GF booked this cabin and wouldnt switch it for OBC IM Gettin Lucky:p

I told her we were already in the Balcony club:D

TMI :rolleyes:

Archived