**If I ran Carnival Cruise Lines, I would...**

BC Todd

I also believe that the Legend needs a alternating iteniary and the Valor. Both ships are doing the same route every Sunday.

The Dream should also change the east route to La Romana, DR, Grand Turk, St Thomas, British Virgin Islands or St Marteen. If you have not noticed three brand new ships are doing the same eastern route; Oasis, Norwegian Epic, and Dream. Nassau, St Thomas, and St Marteen come on we have to draw the repeat customers and the new ones.

I also like the online photos or put them on your state room TV for you choose from.

I also would place a simulator ride and lazy river on the ship. I would have the main pool area designed like the Splendour with a cover over top for those cool days. Have a atrium forward and aft (open air or a glass dome over top that brings in alot of light to make you feel like you are outside).

Oh yeah add a second route to the Victory. I am starting a new campaign to get more people from England to come on the ships. Aruba, Cuarcao, Grenada, BVI or St Thomas. I HEARD that Virgin Airways was starting flights to San Juan from England this winter and they arrived there in San Juan on Saurdays.

I HOPE YOUR LISTENING CARNIVAL

Great thread! I think Carnival pretty much has it right in a lot of ways, especially as compared to other cruise lines. Things I'd like to see:

1. More Adults only areas (and enforcement), kind of like how Disney does it. I think it could be done and it wouldn't cost much.

2. (dreaming here) an 8-or 9-night Canada/NE cruise out of Baltimore for under $800pp. I'm tired of going to NY to take cruises.

3. I'd like to see unlimited non-alchoholic drinks (soda), but that's easy pure profit for CCL. I can live with my $25 per cruise bar tab if I must:D

I would have a FoodTV cruise. Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence.. etc...

with specialty item.. like a dessert designed by Duff Goldman (Pride cake?), an Iron Chef comp. with passengers, Guy Fieri as the cruise director, Michael Symon OR Robert Irvine doing an Dinner: Impossible with what they can find on the buffet... etc etc.

~Kawa

Don't forget Giada! And my personal favorite - the Barefoot Contessa.

Where do I sign up???

I would stop printing all the pictures taken and bring them up on computer so that people can pick and choose. This would keep the prices down because you wouldn't have to throw away so many that nobody will pay the 22 for.

Actually...

I'm a photographer and I've found that I sell MORE pictures if I have an actual printed copy for the customer to hold in their hand...

...the profits I make from selling the prints far outweigh the cost of having all of the pictures printed.

and at the prices that the cruise-line charges for prints, they are certainly making a LOT of money on the prints that they sell (even after taking out the total cost of printing all the pictures)

But I do think they'd make even more profit if they'd make those pictures available online for a week or so after the cruise ends.

I would have a FoodTV cruise. Alton Brown, Mario Batali, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Tyler Florence.. etc...

with specialty item.. like a dessert designed by Duff Goldman (Pride cake?), an Iron Chef comp. with passengers, Guy Fieri as the cruise director, Michael Symon OR Robert Irvine doing an Dinner: Impossible with what they can find on the buffet... etc etc.

~Kawa

This would be the ultimate cruise for me! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Bring on talented singers\bands that are a few years past there prime but still in the business. Nothing too old, but imagine if you could book your cruise and know you would have a decent concert to see? Heck I would be open to pay a modest $10 cover charge to suppliment it rather than the "Untalented show".

1. I wish there were some activities scheduled on port days for those who decide to stay on the ship. :)

2. Move the adult comedy show back to the big lounge; a lot of people missed the shows due to the crowded Degas lounge - and they started these shows immediately after Karaoke and a lot of people just stayed for both; making it a mess trying to get in to find a set with people coming out of both doors. ;)

3. Rearrange how the photoes are displayed; maybe when a picture was taken - room number is given and then arranged by floors - forward and aft. Even though this might not be feasible - but it is always a mess to try and find photos and going back and forth to find your photos for different events. I usuall give up and just settle for my own photos with my camera. :rolleyes:

4. Do something to make sure the Fountain Fun Card is honored; I was usually ignored when ordering with my card from a drink waiter. I would go to a bar to get my own, and usually they seemed a little put out when they saw I was using the Fountain Fun Card. It made me feel like I was using a "hardship token", even though I paid more for the card than I drank, but I just don't want to lug my own Diet drinks on the hip. :confused:

On our last RCI Adventure of the Seas cruise they scanned your sea pass card every time they took your picture than they went in a folder that was hanging up where the pics usually are.....no hunting for your pics. It was a trial and I don't know what the results were.

Thought of another one: build a ship with an honest-to-goodness outdoor walkable promenade encircling the entire ship. I'd love that.

The new Dream has a full around the ship promenade, deck 5. I just got off it last week. Every day they had a scheduled walk at 10:30 am. Walking not running or jogging. Three laps around = 1 mile. Up on the sports deck 9 laps around make a mile. You can run and jog up there.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the FOOD TV idea.:D With options of small grouped lessons from them ( would pay extra like an excursion).

I would make the stop at Half Moon Cay a 2 day affair. If you have a cabana booked you have the option of camping overnight on the island. Heck I would even pay for 4 days on nothing but that island.:eek:

Archived