"Beverage Card"??

SilvertoGold

Sorry if I have missed something here, but an April 2010 cruise I am looking at is advertised as offering, besides the usual Pinnacle, SBC, "a $50.00 beverage card".

I am assuming this is not the typical punch card for wine or cocktails or pop or coffee, but a new all-in-one "debit" type card. Does anyone know anything at all about this?

Thanks very much.

SilvertoGold

Sorry if I have missed something here, but an April 2010 cruise I am looking at is advertised as offering, besides the usual Pinnacle, SBC, "a $50.00 beverage card".

I am assuming this is not the typical punch card for wine or cocktails or pop or coffee, but a new all-in-one "debit" type card. Does anyone know anything at all about this?

It could be the oft-rumored future "universal" beverage card, which alledgedly would be like a "gift card" for all beverages. No more details about it given? Like how many drinks it would cover for that price?

jtl51d3, thanks for your reply.

No, no other details, just the "$50.00 beverage card".

If this is the new card to replace the punch cards, it looks as if there will no longer be any savings involved in purchasing a "card".

I wonder what the parameters will be: wine by the glass, by the bottle, cocktails, pop, coffee? An interesting development.

Thanks again.

SilvertoGold

Could it be the same beverage card that you can get with the Holland America Visa card points? If so, I used it on our last cruise. Actually I don't remember any "card", all the drink purchases were credited on our stateroom account.

$50 BEVERAGE CARD

$50 Beverage Card - The Holland America Line $50 Beverage Credit allows you to enjoy our finest wines and signature cocktails along any other of your favorite drinks in our beautiful bars and lounges. Redemption appears as stateroom credit on your onboard account.

From what I heard on our recent cruises, this new card will goof for house wines only, house liguor in your drinks (no brand names), coffees in the Exploration Cafe, sodas -- each time you order something, the price will be deducted from that $50 according the cost of the drink, coffe, etc. It won't take long to use up one of those cards. No more punches.

Archived