What's the First Thing You do After You Get On Board?

Coastalbreezes

One of the first items on our "to do list" involves cabin sanitation. The worst items, such as the t.v. remote doesn't get cleaned at all. It goes directly into a clear plastic "slide lock" bag. Not to confuse the bag later for other purposes, it is marked "t.v. remote".

We take about five minutes using treated "wipes" to clean, for example the telephone and the rest of the "stateroom." :)

• 1 year later...
WangWang (spelled Weng Weng on our last bar rceipt):

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

Do people actually drink this and survive? A couple of those and I bet that would be one heck of a hangover.

One of the first items on our "to do list" involves cabin sanitation. The worst items, such as the t.v. remote doesn't get cleaned at all. It goes directly into a clear plastic "slide lock" bag. Not to confuse the bag later for other purposes, it is marked "t.v. remote".

We take about five minutes using treated "wipes" to clean, for example the telephone and the rest of the "stateroom." :)

This is what I do also. I take Sanitizer wipes and wipe down all knobs, handles, tv remote, taps and telephone.....We have never been sick yet on a cruise (touch wood) lol.

Were you able to get a M&G on the Rymdam? If so, who did you contact at HAL. I am going on the Jan. 31st cruise.

I helped organize a M&G on the Ryndam last year. Wish we were going again but alas our plans have been postponed due to the fact that we had to pay big bucks on our little dog - she had an eye ulcer and it had to be removed !! The eye....Poor thing. So that was our cruise money. :(

Do people actually drink this and survive? A couple of those and I bet that would be one heck of a hangover.

Just returned from the 12day Baltic on the Rotterdam, and when DH requested a Wang-Wang, the waiter became very excited, apparently this drink is not very well-known. DH enjoys this on HAL exclusively, and does not seem to suffer any I'll effects

Marilyn

Hi,

I have not seen this question asked before so I will pose it:

For those who board the ship early, what is the first thing you do after you get on?

Usually I cruise with my mother and she likes to go to the Lido for lunch. Since I am cruising solo this time, I was thinking of wearing my swimsuit under my sun dress and heading to the pool for a few hours with a good book.

What do YOU do?

Tracy

I drop my carry on's in my room and then go up to the Lido for some lunch.. How about you?

When I travel with my daughter, we start at the lowest deck we can access and follow it the length of the ship, then go up a deck and repeat in the other direction, exploring every inch till we reach the top. It's a lot of fun. :)
That is the way we used to do it too when we were younger, especially when exploring a new ship for the first time.

Now that we are older, we do it the opposite way, starting at the top deck and walking down the stairs from deck to deck.

The first thing we do is take a picture as we walk about the gangway. Then our next order of business it to wander around the ship, grab a bite either in the MDR or Lido, then my favorite tradition happens as soon as we enter into the cabin.

I proceed directly to the safe in the room. At that point I turn off my Droid, I take out my wallet and place both in the safe, lock the safe and then I am officially on vacation.

The first day of technology withdrawl is the hardest but it gets better with each passing day.

So sorry to hear about your dog having an eye removed. Hope she is much better now.

There will be lots of time for other cruises.I have just lost my 4 year old Springer Spaniel to liver failure and it is heart breaking. Enjoy your girl !!!

We have reserved a Lido cabana for the duration of our cruise. Does anyone know if they are available upon embarkation? Or do we have to retrieve a voucher from the cabin before we can use the cabana? I would love to relax in a poolside cabana than stand in line at the buffet;)

Depends on the timing of events and if we're hungry.

If we're hungry & cabin is ready, drop off the carry-on gear and we eat. After we eat, it is getting a feel for the actual ship rather than just knowing it by the deck plans.

If we're hungry & the cabin isn't ready, we eat with the gear in tow, then browse the ship, getting a feel for the actual ship rather than just knowing it by the deck plans.

If we've eaten/not hungry, the cabin is ready & there's time before the muster drill, we drop off our gear in the room and well celebrate the first day of vacation after we stowed our gear. I mean you gotta know how the bed is for the coming vacation! If time permits then we get a feel for the actual ship rather than just knowing it by the deck plans.

Derek

Archived