Help needed with locating our stateroom!!!

redheaney

Booked an inside guarantee and have since learned that our cabin has been assigned... 9575 in the "N Category" (the bottom of the bottom, lol)

However, in checking deck plans for the Pearl, I see the "N category" cabins on deck 4... but stateroom #9575 on the 9th deck!

Any help would be very much appreciated!!! :)

Booked an inside guarantee and have since learned that our cabin has been assigned... 9575 in the "N Category" (the bottom of the bottom, lol)

However, in checking deck plans for the Pearl, I see the "N category" cabins on deck 4... but stateroom #9575 on the 9th deck!

Any help would be very much appreciated!!! :)

Lucky you 9575 good location midship cabins above and cabins bellow should be a nice quite cabin. Happy cruising.:)

Our details state the following:

Stateroom: 9579 Category: N

Two lower beds.

Not category JJ! I would really like to know for sure. Should I just call NCL directly?

Did you book with NCL directly?

If so, call them.

BTW...Your cabin changed. It was 9575, now it is 9579.

It means you booked a category N, but have been assigned 9579 (which happens to be JJ).

A guarantee cabin means that you leave it up to them where they put you....and in your case your luck has held-out, and you're getting a JJ for the price of an N.

Our details state the following:

Stateroom: 9579 Category: N

Two lower beds.

Not category JJ! I would really like to know for sure. Should I just call NCL directly?

We were on the Jewel on October 30. We booked an AG guarantee and were assigned room 11612 (which is AF according to the deck plans) but our online information still showed AG with room 11612. So, I would not worry about it and just know that you have the room number set out. I think they leave the indication of the guarantee you booked.

Have a great cruise.

We booked a BB, got an upgrade to a BA - reservation now shows new BA cabin number but category still shows BB. Enjoy 9579!

I'm almost certain that the category should match the cabin number. That's a bit puzzling.

Not so with me.

My documents for two upcoming cruises say:

BA upgraded from BG for PofA this week (there was a price drop), this one booked thru an online agency, using Latitudes/regional discount.

and

BA upgraded from BC for Dawn Canada/N.E. next year (this was using 4 of those BofA credit card 100 point thingys) booked directly with NCL using military and Latitudes discounts.

I'm almost certain that the category should match the cabin number. That's a bit puzzling.

I went back and checked my original reservation confirmation paperwork and that says BB-BB/9xxx for the category/stateroom. The new paperwork with the upgrade shows BB-BA/10xxx.

My reservation when looking up on My NCL shows Cat BB stateroom 10xxx.

• 4 years later...
Cabin 9579 on the Gem. Do you recall any noise from crew alley way behind your cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This thread is from 2009. Wow.

The poster was very confused then and I doubt they are still here. The last post was in October. Many cruisers move on to a real life after their cruise.

Cabin 9579 on the Gem. Do you recall any noise from crew alley way behind your cabin?

UMMM, this thread is almost 5 years old... not sure you'll get a response from the OP. The area of this cabin is good though and the ship is wonderful.

Have a good cruise and please check the date a thread is started before posting to it.

You'd have better luck starting a new one.

Enjoy.

I am desperate. I thought I read in cc that this cabin had a metal crew staircase behind this stateroom or close cabin 9569. I have changed my staterooms 3 times already and I hope I do not have to call again. Thanks for catching the date.

I am desperate. I thought I read in cc that this cabin had a metal crew staircase behind this stateroom or close cabin 9569. I have changed my staterooms 3 times already and I hope I do not have to call again. Thanks for catching the date.

Chill!! :D :p :D Either cabin is fine... 9579 9569 both good to go...........cruise on. You cannot believe everything you read on these boards anyway... and many people have been on this lovely ship ... enjoy your cruise...relax... breathe...

Thank you so much for your reply. I do need to breath and let this go. What would you say if I told you my cruise isn't until April 2015!? I do have a life, but am so excited, I love to cruise! I have never been on the Gem. Thanks again for your advise.

Thank you so much for your reply. I do need to breath and let this go. What would you say if I told you my cruise isn't until April 2015!? I do have a life, but am so excited, I love to cruise! I have never been on the Gem. Thanks again for your advise.

I'd say, you've got a bit of anticipating to look forward to.. lol

Imagine going on your first cruise and not finding CC with all it's valuable information until your 3rd cruise. :eek:

It's all good. Don't be afraid to start a thread if you have questions and can't find the answers. There are many members here, far more experienced than I, who will try to answer your questions or at least, point you in the right direction.

Enjoy your cruise, it'll be here before you know it. cruise on...:D