Flying Delta from Atlanta to Rome

slk230red

We're planning a future RCI cruise and wanted to know if anyone has flown Delta Airlines lately from Atlanta, GA to Rome, Italy. I was told that there ARE NO in-flight movies, NO meal service, NO food for purchase, in First Class, Business, or Coach.

This is according to Delta.com website, reservation agent, and Delta's support desk...can anyone verify this?

Thanks

We just flew Delta ATL-FCO in early November in Business Elite. We had 2 meals, AVOD, wine offered (don't know about liquor) and the flight was even an hour early.

If you check on the Delta website (blue banners across main page) at "Travel and Check-in" it will offer drop-down data on their service for classes. The first line of dining for economy mentions complimentary meals for flights 6 hours or more, as well as the other features. Don't know why you have been given the mis-information!

This past September we flew Delta JFK-ROM on the outbound and ROM-ATL on the inbound. Both legs, the service was fantastic! We had in seat entertainment, multiple full meal service and unlimited alcohol on both legs. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. I've traveled Delta many times for business within the US, but never to Europe. The service to Europe on our two flights was exceptional, and I look forward to traveling with them again to Europe. This is not my impression of their domestic service. Based on my experience travelling throughout the US with Delta, I did not have high expectations for their international service. They totally exceeded my expectations!

We just flew Delta ATL-FCO in early November in Business Elite. We had 2 meals, AVOD, wine offered (don't know about liquor) and the flight was even an hour early.

If you check on the Delta website (blue banners across main page) at "Travel and Check-in" it will offer drop-down data on their service for classes. The first line of dining for economy mentions complimentary meals for flights 6 hours or more, as well as the other features. Don't know why you have been given the mis-information!

Thanks,

That's what I checked for our flight #144 from Atlanta to Rome and it states no service. The Delta rep. we talked to said the same thing, I guess she was reading it off of the same screen. We received an email from customer service that also states no service.

Maybe it's just an error on their website. We'll make some calls tomorrow.

Thanks again for the replies.

From the Delta.com website:

http://www.delta.com/booking/flightDetails.do?airCd=DL&airName=Delta&fltNum=0144&dDay=05&dMon=Dec&dCityCode=ATL&aCityCode=FCO&onTimePercent=NULL&inflight=true

In-Flight services for Flight 144 may include:

Food Service, In-Flight Entertainment, First/Business/Coach

None/None/None

We're planning a future RCI cruise and wanted to know if anyone has flown Delta Airlines lately from Atlanta, GA to Rome, Italy. I was told that there ARE NO in-flight movies, NO meal service, NO food for purchase, in First Class, Business, or Coach.

This is according to Delta.com website, reservation agent, and Delta's support desk...can anyone verify this?

Thanks

Just not true. All classes will receive meals on this flight, and there is inflight entertainment.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/economy_class/dining.jsp

http://entertainment.delta.com/

Just not true. All classes will receive meals on this flight, and there is inflight entertainment.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/inflight_services/economy_class/dining.jsp

http://entertainment.delta.com/

That's what I thought, but when a Delta reservation agent and Delta's online customer service tells you that there are no meals or entertainment on this flight, it's hard to argue.

Here's Delta's reply. I'm 99.99% sure they are wrong and my fellow CC members are correct.

"Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines.

Our records indicate that there is no meal and movie available on the Delta flight (DL144) from Atlanta, Georgia to Rome, Italy on December 05, 2009.

For further assistance, please contact our International Reservations department at 800-241-4141 for questions regarding your ticket.

If you are calling from an area which restricts 800 number dialing capabilities, you can contact us at 404-765-5000, or use your local Delta Reservations phone number. Our worldwide reservations telephone numbers are listed on our website, www.delta.com.

You can navigate there by selecting the following from our home page:

Contact Us

Reservations

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Hannah Kingsten

Online Customer Support Desk"

http://www.delta.com

I would bet reasonably large sums of money that there was a glitch in the computer system - and that all the DL staff just read a screen and repeat the error.

You'll be on a 767-400, which has AVOD for all cabins. You'll have dinner leaving ATL, then a "breakfast" before arrival at FCO. In BusinessElite, you'll have a nice soft product, and perhaps even flat-bed seating with the new Thompson seats.

If DL doesn't have AVOD for you, and makes you go hungry....I'll eat my Medallion card.

I think FlyerTalker's card is safe. I just checked the flight ATL-FCO for today:

Carrier:

Equipment Type:

Delta

Boeing 767-400

Flight Distance:

Travel Time:

5019 miles

9 hr 50 min

Business Class Meal:

Coach Class Meal:

Movie:

Dinner

Dinner

Yes

767-400 to my knowledge will have lay-flat beds in Business Elite ... and it definitely looks like there is entertainment and food.

Please note that this particular flight IS a continuation of a flight from SAN to ATL ... where I'm certain there aren't nearly as many services available.

I find this on the Delta web site:

Economy Class Dining

We offer complimentary meal service on most international flights (approximately 6 hours or longer)

Keep in mind, for 'adult' beverages, Delta is 'no cash' credit cards only.

Rich

We just flew Delta from ATL to FCO (flight 70, 3:45pm) on 11/18/2009 and returned 12/3/2009 (flight 71, 9:45am.) We flew coach and everyone had their own TV with movies, TV shows, and interactive touch screen games. We also had meal service both ways. There were also free pretzels and peanuts.

We talked with people on our cruise that flew on other airlines and they only got to see 2 movies that played on the overhead screens. Since we really couldn't sleep, the personal TVs made the trip much more pleasant.

We were very impressed with Delta for travel to Europe. Within the states, it just seems like any other airline.

Archived