All inclusive liquor pkg. on Celebrity

divepal

I know that my fiance who will be my husband on the cruise can easily drink the 34 in beer a day, especially on sea days. I could do the blended drinks and drink 4 in a day. I usually drink 2 just watching the show. I just think it will be nice to know up front for us how much our liquor charge will be instead of worrying about it at the end and hoping I didnt go overboard. I do agree though that this might be aimed to the younger crowds.

I think that people will crunch the numbers and determine if it is in their best interest to buy into this package. Cruisers are smart people, they are not going to choose this option if they normally have two or three drinks a day. The people who will choose this plan are going to do so because it is in their best interest.

I don't see them getting people to spend more. Those who choose this plan will most likely end up spending less.

This being said I would guess that this is more aimed at getting cruisers from other lines to try Celebrity as a promotional move then as a bottom line move.

It worked. I am going to look into this package. If it looks good, my next booking may be my first on Celebritry;)

Judging by what they charged on the Navigator 2 weeks ago, what you drink would almost total that.

Hello,

What did they charge for drinks? We leave on the Navigator on Dec. 14th and I'm trying to get a better idea.

Thanks,

Shalie

This is interesting...I wonder how they will handle the tip???

In the old days...before most of you started cruising...drinks onboard were very reasonable...about 50 cents including frozen drinks. You could sit in a club all night at a table with 10 people and take turns buying rounds. 10 people would equal 10 rounds by the time the night was over. You would develop a rapport with the steward and tip him 15-20% and usually extra at the end of the night. The stewards knew who the good tippers were so they would always make sure they took care of their favorite passengers. People would drink all night...and dance and talk, etc...and I do not remember seeing anyone who was disorderly. On a very rare ocaision you could see some form of rudeness but that was very rare. We had great times...the ship was not divided into 12 different venues of entertainment for the evening so their was more of party atmosphere and the party went on into the late night and often into the early morning...a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how this works out. I think the reason that the package is available in the evening is that there is less booze sold after 9:00 PM.

This is interesting...I wonder how they will handle the tip???

In the old days...before most of you started cruising...drinks onboard were very reasonable...about 50 cents including frozen drinks. You could sit in a club all night at a table with 10 people and take turns buying rounds. 10 people would equal 10 rounds by the time the night was over. You would develop a rapport with the steward and tip him 15-20% and usually extra at the end of the night. The stewards knew who the good tippers were so they would always make sure they took care of their favorite passengers. People would drink all night...and dance and talk, etc...and I do not remember seeing anyone who was disorderly. On a very rare ocaision you could see some form of rudeness but that was very rare. We had great times...the ship was not divided into 12 different venues of entertainment for the evening so their was more of party atmosphere and the party went on into the late night and often into the early morning...a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see how this works out. I think the reason that the package is available in the evening is that there is less booze sold after 9:00 PM.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Where did you get this info that there is less booze sold after 9pm, thats when I start drinking. Maybe I missed it but what post are you referring to as to this package being available in the evening?

From what I'm reading about it the three dink packages are priced per number of nights your cruise is scheduled for, just like the soda package. This does not mean you only can drink in the evening, but all day long. Those who prefer the higher end liquor might be getting the better deal as Knob Creek bourbon is not cheap, neither is Johnnie Walker Blue. As for Vodka, I don't rate Grey Goose that much higher than Absolute. I don't know about Patron which is also on the higher drink list.

Look Carefully.......

I thought the same thing-what a deal........ crap...-fine print.........

First it says-'Per night' what the heck does that mean.? I know I'm on my first frozen drink by noon and possibly that bloody Mary in the AM. :o

Also-it is broken down to Premium liquor =$76 pernight -classic liquor $51.. per night Frozen drink-$22.00 per night.

So-no mixing or matching it seems and

The mystery of when does night start and end.................:confused::eek:

So-if you mix it up by the bloody mary in the AM-frozen yummies in the daytime-classic vodka and something at dinner and a little chamborde after dinner-it don't work math wise and possibly time wise as it states per night??.

Some even finer print, of note:

- If you splurge on the premium package, you also have access to the classic package. The offerings are quite different, so this is a valuable point for some.

- The premium package is well worth the price when you see what they're serving. It's the good stuff. I'll be surprised if the price doesn't go up soon.

- It's one drink per order. I have no idea how this is treated, but I'll be testing it in two weeks, as I have purchased the premium package. I'm guessing it's like the grocery stores - limit one per customer - so if you're really motivated (or want to share), you get a drink, leave, go to a different bar, get another and share. We shall see.

RCOM

Archived