All inclusive liquor pkg. on Celebrity

divepal

Being a younger cruiser who enjoys a few drinks after dinner I find it kind of a slap in the face for people automatically thinking the cruise is going to get out of hand. IMO people who are going to drink and get "wasted" are going to do it no matter if they have an all inclusive package or not. We see this now. The people who drink don't stop because of the price gap.

In my case if RCI was to do exactly Celebrity has done it would most likely slow someone like myself down because I would probably only purchase the beer package. If you keep hard liquor away from me its much more difficult to get carried away. With all the food I eat I'll be full from beer and food before I can get too carried away.

If true, I've really got to laugh at this one.

Gee... I guess the "no alcohol allowed on board" policy really isn't about passenger safety?

Anything can be had for a price and I'll be betting RCI will adopt the same policy if it means revenue generation. :rolleyes:

Too funny.

Before you jump to this conclusion maybe you should find out if you will be served alcohol under this program even if you are obviously drunk.

The reason for the alcohol restrictions is so that ship personnel can control the amount of liquor a person consumes and avoid giving booze to a drunk.

Before you jump to this conclusion maybe you should find out if you will be served alcohol under this program even if you are obviously drunk.

The reason for the alcohol restrictions is so that ship personnel can control the amount of liquor a person consumes and avoid giving booze to a drunk.

If you are to drink enough to make the most of this package then I would say you would certainly be drunk, I would think it would be hard for staff to refuse you if you had the package or they would definately be doing a lot of refunds. Also being drunk wouldnt always be getting out of hand. We often got drunk on vacation but was just merrily happy, not causing any bother to anyone.

Being a younger cruiser who enjoys a few drinks after dinner I find it kind of a slap in the face for people automatically thinking the cruise is going to get out of hand. IMO people who are going to drink and get "wasted" are going to do it no matter if they have an all inclusive package or not. We see this now. The people who drink don't stop because of the price gap.

I agree with this statement. Whoever doesn't know when to stop, doesn't stop to think about the cost, either. Unless they max out their credit card and their ship board account gets locked.;)

I don't drink enough alcohol to make these packages worth it to me, with the exception of the frozen drinks package, because that one also includes non-alcoholic frozen drinks.:D

Then why would they call it an "unlimited" alcohol package???

Just to break even on this package, you'd have to imbibe 8-10 beverages. :confused:

Now, who determines who is or is not "obviously drunk"?

A p*ssed off passenger is one thing.... a drunken p*ssed off passenger is another.

I was thinking the same, I guess the smuggling alcohol arguement is now dead and buried, its not for passenger safety after all.:rolleyes:

I don't know about this. I still think it's safer to have the bartenders dispensing the unlimited alcohol, because they could still theoretically cut someone off if they are getting out of hand to the point where it's unsafe. If you've got bottles in your room, there's no one to stop you from drinking yourself to the point of alcohol poisoning, dangerous behavior, etc.

I assume "per night" is per night of the cruise- ie you have to buy one package for the length of your sailing, and it is priced at the given rate times the number of nights you are at sea.

Duh me!!!:o Guess you're right but the wording of the 'per night' thing made me think too much I guess. Wording sometimes is everything and I went to the worst senario!!! ;)

Seems like a great start but I would wish they could give a price that would vary from a soda to a Sambuca. Just like at an AI resort. Whatever you choose to drink is included. That I'd love!! :D

I was sad to see that Coco Loco was not listed on the frozen drink package. Those are quite yummy!!!

I don't know about this. I still think it's safer to have the bartenders dispensing the unlimited alcohol, because they could still theoretically cut someone off if they are getting out of hand to the point where it's unsafe. If you've got bottles in your room, there's no one to stop you from drinking yourself to the point of alcohol poisoning, dangerous behavior, etc.

Maybe an odd person or two may get to that point but then so could a person after 2 or 3 if they are not used to alcohol.

Alcohol affects people in different ways at different levels. And bar tenders will not always see this as often they are busy or someone else gets the drinks. If the cruiselines are really concerned about safety issues with alcohol, they would not do this package.

Is the $51.50 per night for 2 or per person? If it's per person, then we would be looking at $103 per night, which comes out to $412 for a short 4 night cruise.

If so, not interested.

It is per person, per night. Not worth it in my opinion either.

All I know is that the one time I bought the soda package, I felt I had to constantly be drinking soda to "get my money's worth."

Yup-made that mistake 1st cruise. Thought it was a good deal and took it for the entire family. After the cruise is when we did the math and said-hey-that was so not worth it. They got us on that quick impule buy!!! lol Now, we just do one for the youngest and we're good to go.

Now-remembering-if I am correct-the average frozen drink was about $7.00. ??? A drink package at $22.00 could be well worth it if you choose to drink one of the 'selected' frozen drinks. I personally can gulp down 4 frozen yummies a day-easily!! :D

BTW-does anyone know if they carry flavored vodka on cruise ships??

the other topic:

I really cann't see this causing more people to be 'slobbering drunk'!! ;) I have seen just about the same amount of folks that cause a scene on an AI and a cruise. I don't think unlimited drinking causes this to happen-it's the type person that will let themselves get like that.

Also

Sharing a soda card used to be a heated topic here. I'm not sure what would not cause certain people to share a drink package? Don't know how that could be prevented :confused:

I was thinking the same, I guess the smuggling alcohol arguement is now dead and buried, its not for passenger safety after all.:rolleyes:

It really was NEVER much of a valid argument to begin with as anyone with even a hint of business knowledge knew it is about revenue.....Not that I blame them, its just business but the anti smuggling crowd bought the "official company line" hook, line and sinker..:rolleyes:...EVERY corporation has to have a reason to tell customers when they question policies and "so we can make greater profits" is NEVER the answer they want to use unless its to investors at a stockholder meeting!:p

It really was NEVER much of a valid argument to begin with as anyone with even a hint of business knowledge knew it is about revenue.....Not that I blame them, its just business but the anti smuggling crowd bought the "official company line" hook, line and sinker..:rolleyes:...EVERY corporation has to have a reason to tell customers when they question policies and "so we can make greater profits" is NEVER the answer they want to use unless its to investors at a stockholder meeting!:p

Yes, I agree, I have been saying the same. ;)

After reading several posts mentioning limited selection on frozen drinks, I just went back to read Celebrity's web site about it:

With a Frozen Drinks Package, cool off with an unlimited variety of your favorite frozen alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. When you reserve this package, an icon will be placed on your SeaPass Card indicating your participation.

Frozen Drinks Package

From Strawberry, Piña Colada, Banana and Raspberry, to Mango, Peach, Passion Fruit and Margarita, enjoy an unlimited variety of frozen and blended drinks, available at all bars throughout the ship.

I would say, the important part here is "unlimited variety" and the ones before are just examples. Am I completely off???

On our last cruise, an 11 night trip on the Grandeur, we saw many of the younger crowd showing off their Sea-Pass bill upon debarkation. Some were 4, 5, and six pages and the winner was 10 pages long. Ours wasn't even a full page. The younger crowd is who I think Celebrity is aiming to entice. Celebrity also allows you to carry on two bottles of wine but will charge $25 corkage fee if you bring it to dinner. That is supposed to be two per cabin, but I suppose if DH and DW went through security seperately they could get by with four.

Threecats--I agree with you about the wording. Sounds like any frozen or "blended" drink is included. But what exactly is meant by "blended drink"? To me, that would cover any mixed drink. I'll bet X will say that it means only drinks made in a blender, but that is not the actual meaning of the word "blended"!

Yup-made that mistake 1st cruise. Thought it was a good deal and took it for the entire family. After the cruise is when we did the math and said-hey-that was so not worth it. They got us on that quick impule buy!!! lol Now, we just do one for the youngest and we're good to go.

Now-remembering-if I am correct-the average frozen drink was about $7.00. ??? A drink package at $22.00 could be well worth it if you choose to drink one of the 'selected' frozen drinks. I personally can gulp down 4 frozen yummies a day-easily!! :D

BTW-does anyone know if they carry flavored vodka on cruise ships??

the other topic:

I really cann't see this causing more people to be 'slobbering drunk'!! ;) I have seen just about the same amount of folks that cause a scene on an AI and a cruise. I don't think unlimited drinking causes this to happen-it's the type person that will let themselves get like that.

Also

Sharing a soda card used to be a heated topic here. I'm not sure what would not cause certain people to share a drink package? Don't know how that could be prevented :confused:

Some of the larger Martini's in the Martini bars on Celebrity the price with tip is closer to $10 so a couple of those before dinner and a few drinks throughout the evening along with several by the pool during the day will make this a good value on sea days...a cruise with lots of ports may be not so much...we like lots of sea days so will prolly purchase on our next X cruise...

After reading several posts mentioning limited selection on frozen drinks, I just went back to read Celebrity's web site about it:

I would say, the important part here is "unlimited variety" and the ones before are just examples. Am I completely off???

You are exactly right....they didn't want to publish every one of the dozens of different frozen concoctions they have...

OK Then I'm confused :o

When I clic on the blue highlighted frozen drink word-it takes me to a page that shows unlimited frozen options: It shows 4:

Island Oasis

Daq.'s

Marg's

and pina colada

Am I off base ??? :o

When I clic on the blue highlighted frozen drink word-it takes me to a page that shows unlimited frozen options: It shows 4:

Island Oasis

Daq.'s

Marg's

and pina colada

Now I'm confused, too, and my head starts hurting.:o I think I need one of those frozen drinks right now.:D Guess we will have to wait for experiences from Celebrity cruisers to find out, what exactly it is.

Threecats--I agree with you about the wording. Sounds like any frozen or "blended" drink is included. But what exactly is meant by "blended drink"? To me, that would cover any mixed drink. I'll bet X will say that it means only drinks made in a blender, but that is not the actual meaning of the word "blended"!

When it comes to drinks, I have never had "blended" mean anything but "made in a blender".

See threecats, It can get confusing. I'm not totally off base or showing my hair color as my DH loves to say at times!!! ;)

I also was looking at where certain brands would be. I see Sambuca but my fav-Chamborde is no where. Does this mean that is not a brand that is in the package?? Being they have 2 liquor type packages, I wanted to see what was where and some are not even there!!!:confused:

So-if like Chamborde-what package would I pick or do I know right off the bat-it's not included.:(

I just see grey area's. :confused:

Yes-I need alcohol now too!! Maybe I'll see this more clearly!!! :D

Island Oasis

Daq.'s

Marg's

and pina colada

That is what I would consider a frozen drink.

I wonder how they will monitor this. Will they just hand out drinks if you have the magic sticker or will they still put it on your card just with a $0 charge. I would think if they automate the system they could figure out if you were handing off drinks.

Also if you drink top end vodka, scotch etc $70 a day isn't that much. Really depends what they are offering. If for $70 a day I can drink Johnny Blue (or better) all day for 7 days let me know where to sign.

Archived