All inclusive liquor pkg. on Celebrity

divepal

If true, I've really got to laugh at this one.

Gee... I guess the "no alcohol allowed on board" policy really isn't about passenger safety?

Anything can be had for a price and I'll be betting RCI will adopt the same policy if it means revenue generation. :rolleyes:

Too funny.

I have a hard time imagining that anyone would consider purchasing a $51.50 per DAY drink package!! That is A LOT of drinking to make it worth your while.

Won't see me buying one. I drink maybe 2 drinks and split a bottle of wine with DH a day on a cruise... and that is on my "heavy" drinking days! LOL

We were looking at those for our upcoming Mercury sailing, but I'd have to drink 3 or 4 frozen drinks to make it worthwhile.

The problem with the packages is that I think most people drink different types of drinks during the day. I'll have a drink of the day or other fruity drink in the afternoon by the pool, maybe wine with dinner, and perhaps a drink or two at night.

What I would like to see is a wine package where you pay for 1 or 2 glasses per day and a sommelier (sp?) comes up and matches wine with your dinner. After that I wouldn't mind paying per drink for my cocktails during the day.

Look Carefully.......

I thought the same thing-what a deal........ crap...-fine print.........

First it says-'Per night' what the heck does that mean.? I know I'm on my first frozen drink by noon and possibly that bloody Mary in the AM. :o

Also-it is broken down to Premium liquor =$76 pernight -classic liquor $51.. per night Frozen drink-$22.00 per night.

So-no mixing or matching it seems and

The mystery of when does night start and end.................:confused::eek:

So-if you mix it up by the bloody mary in the AM-frozen yummies in the daytime-classic vodka and something at dinner and a little chamborde after dinner-it don't work math wise and possibly time wise as it states per night??.

Look Carefully.......

I thought the same thing-what a deal........ crap...-fine print.........

First it says-'Per night' what the heck does that mean.? I know I'm on my first frozen drink by noon and possibly that bloody Mary in the AM. :o

Also-it is broken down to Premium liquor =$76 pernight -classic liquor $51.. per night Frozen drink-$22.00 per night.

So-no mixing or matching it seems and

The mystery of when does night start and end.................:confused::eek:

So-if you mix it up by the bloody mary in the AM-frozen yummies in the daytime-classic vodka and something at dinner and a little chamborde after dinner-it don't work math wise and possibly time wise as it states per night??.

I assume "per night" is per night of the cruise- ie you have to buy one package for the length of your sailing, and it is priced at the given rate times the number of nights you are at sea.

Gee... I guess the "no alcohol allowed on board" policy really isn't about passenger safety

I agree with this.

I can see some people :rolleyes: still smuggling. :rolleyes: just don't know who would do that :rolleyes: but at those prices per night x7 or whatever some people :rolleyes: would still buy an occasional drink but have their own drinks for the room

But...I see where for beer drinkers by the pool, it would be a very good deal.

I am glad to see the options.

I can see some people :rolleyes: still smuggling.

Heck I was a smuggler on my last cruise and they knew it because I intended to check the bottle I brought back from on shore. They even commented on it, then no one bothered to have a check-in spot set up. I shrugged and went to my cabin.

For people who don't drink or only have a glass of wine with dinner, I'm sure the price seems high but for those of us who enjoy several drinks throughout the day, it really isn't out of line. We'd love to have a liquor package but not broken down this way. We both like to mix it up so a beer/mixed/frozen drink only package won't do it for us.

If true, I've really got to laugh at this one.

Gee... I guess the "no alcohol allowed on board" policy really isn't about passenger safety?

Anything can be had for a price and I'll be betting RCI will adopt the same policy if it means revenue generation. :rolleyes:

Too funny.

I was thinking the same, I guess the smuggling alcohol arguement is now dead and buried, its not for passenger safety after all.:rolleyes:

Over here in the UK the line I cruise with (Thomson) have offered all inclusive drinks packages for years and my experience is that they are very popular and surprisingly don't lead to any bad behaviour.

The package offered is different in that it includes all alchoholic drinks except premium spirits and champagne, wine only by the glass plus you get soft drinks and premium coffees. Plus the package is FREE to early bookers :D Many just consider it another discount on the price.

All members of the party have to buy the package and there is no passing on drinks to others.

The prices mentioned here seem high to UK cruisers but we are always moaning about the cost of drinks on American ships :(

Calculate what you expect to spend and if it equals the package price, buy the package as you don't have the value added to your account.

The "No Alcohol" policy has never been about passenger safety. Once in Alaska I boarded with a 6 pack of Alaskan beer and was directed by security to cough up the goods, while friends behind me were able to board with 2 Ulus and a knife. The beer was more dangerous to RCI's bottom line than the knives were.

The "No Alcohol" policy has never been about passenger safety. Once in Alaska I boarded with a 6 pack of Alaskan beer and was directed by security to cough up the goods, while friends behind me were able to board with 2 Ulus and a knife. The beer was more dangerous to RCI's bottom line than the knives were.

Of course it is but many on here say its because of passenger safety when we know it never was.;)

Its the same as banning the irons, they allow hair straightners which are hotter and higher wattage, but they want to make money on the laundry services so they ban irons. :rolleyes:

Archived