deals for solo cruisers!

SMSACE6

I have cruised on NCL and Celebrity with a shared stateroom, however due to recent lifestyle changes, I find myself cruising solo. I have sailed on Carnival five times, because, they have offered me deals as a single cruiser, that I could not turn down. I have always enjoyed my Carnival cruises, however, I find them all pretty much identical. I would very much like to try another cruise line just for variety. NCL appeals to me, can anyone give me advice for a solo cruiser? Are there certain times/staterooms etc, that are better deals for those cruising alone? Any advice would be appreciated.:)

I've heard you can also request somewhere not sure where a shared cabin with a compatible person, however to me the solo price is worth it. I love NCL and always meet lots of people couples and singles and with cc you have instant friends good luck

Thanks for the info. I could never take a chance on the compatible person sharing thing! I guess I will just keep looking for a cruise/price that suits me. I just got an 8 day on Carnival for 654.00 and have booked it. It is just that all the Carnival ships are so similar, I would like to try a different cruiseline for comparison. :)

I have cruised on NCL and Celebrity with a shared stateroom, however due to recent lifestyle changes, I find myself cruising solo. I have sailed on Carnival five times, because, they have offered me deals as a single cruiser, that I could not turn down. I have always enjoyed my Carnival cruises, however, I find them all pretty much identical. I would very much like to try another cruise line just for variety. NCL appeals to me, can anyone give me advice for a solo cruiser? Are there certain times/staterooms etc, that are better deals for those cruising alone? Any advice would be appreciated.:)

This is one of those subjects that could evolve into endless debate.

Generally, NCL has a 100% single supplement in effect. I do, however, understand that the folks in Miami are reviewing their policies with regard to solo cruisers.

There are sailings out there with reduced single supplements...but you really have to look to find them. A lot of the time, the reduced single supplements are found on repositioning cruises.

I was on the Jewel's TransAtlantic this year as a solo...the rate I found was just 33% over that of the double occupancy rate.

I am currently booked on the Epic for the Sept 25th sailing. There is a 50% single supplement available for many of the Epic's sailings in September, but not on all cabin types. I happened to get one of the new "Studio" cabins. Rather small for two people, but as a solo, it should be just about right.

Keep looking around, I'm sure that you can locate a deal.

Last year I called NCL and asked if they had any sailings where a solo passenger did not have to pay 200%. They gave me three such sailings. Unfortunately, it was not during a time I could go. I suggest to the OP to call and inquire.

I do wish there was some sort of program for solos. Maybe have a few cabins per ship, or pay in full at booking, or something where it can be a win/win for both passenger and NCL.

coka

Last fall, I got a cold call from a PCC and they had, at the time, quite a few cruises without a single supplement charge. I did the Jewel TA because my usual cruise companion couldn't get time off.

In November 2008 we did a cruise out of San Francisco on the Sun to Valparaiso Chile 19 days and there were 2 different people in our CC groupthat had scored solo pricing, as well another person joined us along the way who also booked solo.

However this was extremely rare as the ship was still only 75/80% full when we left.

We also could have stayed on and did another 14 days to Buenos Aries for like $399 pp plus taxes and fees.

It is my understanding that this is driven, in part at least, by the number of cabins holding more than 2 passengers as the ship can only carry a certain number of people. If that is true than my family helps all of the solo cruisers out because we pack three in one cabin and four in the other:D.

Archived