Labadee

MrZoey

This sailing won't be able to tell us anything about how crowded it was. The ships sailed with just over 4,000 passengers onboard. Our Liberty sailing a few years ago had the same amount of people. We'll have to wait till May to find out when 6,000 passengers hit the island for the first time.

Just back from the Labadee cruise on Oasis, and also the "Naming Ceremony" cruise. The Labadee cruise sailed with 4600 guests, according to the Captain. We never felt crowded or stood in any long lines on the ship or on Labadee. Labadee has been expanded so much that it will take more than 6000 to crowd it. The zip line crowd and coaster crowd go in their own directions. There are many, many beaches available. The Barefoot Club is for Suite (not Jr.) guests only. They wouldn't allow us in just to visit briefly. D+ didn't matter.

Rick and Deirdra

I completely agree with Rick and Diedra. The pier is very wide and can accommodate many people. There are two, maybe even three trolleys to haul folks around. There are many more picnic tables and more bathrooms.

Maybe this is secret...we were served lobster tail and steak for the BBQ!!!! I don't know if this is a new feature or just for inaugural cruises. The Haitian employees and band members ate with us too! They had lobster just like us. RCI is a wonderful employer for the Haitians.

You will get incredible views of Oasis from various points on Labadee.

Many government dignitaries and Haitian media toured the ship. I could not help but wonder what they thought of all the ship's splendour.

Labadee is still very special. I still love Labadee. It is so good now to be able to come and go as you please from the ship. They use two doors and gangways to allow folks to exit and return.

How was your stop in Labadee? How crowded did it seem? Is Barefoot Beach and it's cabanas only available for suite pax?

Thanks!

Our stop was wonderful:)....didn't seem crowded and I was on Oasis....the cabanas are available for Suite guests first.....then any left not booked will be offered up for all passengers.....prices varied from $150-200 depending on location.

Our stop was wonderful:)....didn't seem crowded and I was on Oasis....the cabanas are available for Suite guests first.....then any left not booked will be offered up for all passengers.....prices varied from $150-200 depending on location.

Where would you find out if any cabanas are left to rent? Which beach would you suggest since Barefoot isn't available?

Thanks!

Where would you find out if any cabanas are left to rent? Which beach would you suggest since Barefoot isn't available?

Thanks!

There is a beach area where the tenders used to dock, in front of Nellie's Tavern. It is to the left of Barefoot Club, as you view it from the road. The tram will drop you off there. There are very clean rest rooms adjacent to it. You have a very nice view of Oasis at the pier from there also.

Enjoy Oasis!

Rick and Deirdra

I was so pleased with the new Labadee but I'm pretty sure we were treated to their best buffet ever :p

The biggest improvement for me were the sidewalks and a little more shade! it made the place not seem so spread out

I suggested to the conceirge that we might be able to email ahead of time if we want a cabanna but he wasn't sure, I liked ours with all the shade.

We had tickets to the coaster at 10:15, if they are assigning times there should be a line for timed passes and a line for open passes. (new prices $15 for 1 ride, $25 for 2, & $35 for all day)

There is a beach area where the tenders used to dock, in front of Nellie's Tavern. It is to the left of Barefoot Club, as you view it from the road. The tram will drop you off there. There are very clean rest rooms adjacent to it. You have a very nice view of Oasis at the pier from there also.

Enjoy Oasis!

Rick and Deirdra

Were there any areas of shade there to set up "camp" on that beach? Thanks again for the help, our 10th cruise with RCCL, but our first trip to Labadee:)

Yes, there are areas under trees, if you get there early enough. If not, depending on the sun and your timing, the area to the right side of the beach takes some shade later in the day. Enjoy Labadee.

Here is the view from the beach with Oasis in the background.

1910410703_Oasis2009030.jpg.7bf875590dfb7af6f13461d86e2dd4b1.jpg

I was so pleased with the new Labadee but I'm pretty sure we were treated to their best buffet ever :p

The biggest improvement for me were the sidewalks and a little more shade! it made the place not seem so spread out

I suggested to the conceirge that we might be able to email ahead of time if we want a cabanna but he wasn't sure, I liked ours with all the shade.

We had tickets to the coaster at 10:15, if they are assigning times there should be a line for timed passes and a line for open passes. (new prices $15 for 1 ride, $25 for 2, & $35 for all day)

How much is the zipline?

Yes, there are areas under trees, if you get there early enough. If not, depending on the sun and your timing, the area to the right side of the beach takes some shade later in the day. Enjoy Labadee.

Here is the view from the beach with Oasis in the background.

Thanks so much!!! I guess I know who will be getting up bright and early that morning:rolleyes:

It was announced that there were 4600 passengers on board.

R & D

WOW! That's a full ship, sounds like fun. I should read your review, do you have one?

I hope you guys didn't feel crammed at any given time.

Archived