Age of Cruise Critic Members

Cruise Passenger

What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. What's the age range of Cruise Critic Members?

• 20-30 years old
    • 30-40 years old
    • 40-50 years old
    • 50-60 years old
    • 60-70 years old
    • 70+ and enjoying life

Hey' date=' looks like those of us approaching geezerhood are winning this one.

Figures, right?[/quote']

From one approaching geezerhood, a thought for today:

Getting old is wonderful - it's just the side-effects that get you down!! :)

With 127 responses, the average is about 52.5

Waaaay too much precision and way too little accuracy in that number. Back to statistics 101 for you. You might let your bar graph speak for itself.

From one approaching geezerhood, a thought for today:

Getting old is wonderful - it's just the side-effects that get you down!! :)

It sure isn't for sissies, is it?

You gotta have a sense of humor.......for sure.

Wondering if anyone can help me....My boyfriend is 25 and I am 23. I have cruised before but years ago and with my family, we want to take a vacation before he gets deployed (he is in the army). He has his heart set on a cruise. He has never been anywhere else besides florida and since he is getting deployed shortly after I want to make this as perfect and re-memorable for him as possible. I have been on celebrity, and princess. I am just looking for a cruise that will be fun with fun excursions. On the princess cruise i went on years ago I was a senior in hs and the crowd was majority geared towards my parents but I made the best of the situation. Costa Cruises have great deals, we are looking to sail Jan 2010. Does anyone reccomend anything?

I am 28 and just got back today from being on the norweigan jewel for a week. I enjoyed it a lot ages varied a good mix of all ages. I was suprised to see as many of the younger crowd as i did. Debating on going on another freestyle cruise or trying carnival to bring my 8yr old son. Just from my experience you might want to try either carnival or norweigan. I love royal caribbean but if u are looking for a younger crowd when i was on there they were older. I meet lots of great older people on norweigan jewel this past week, they had no problem talking to me unlike when i was on royal caribbean.

I am 53 my DH is 60 on new years eve. We had 5 kids who are now all adults and off our hands (except they keep coming back for food and to do their washing) and now we work for us. We are fully fledged members of the SKI club and proud of it. (Much to our kids horror)

We will be cruising as much as work will allow us until we retire' date=' then we are off in a caravan and 4WD for about 4 or 5 years (maybe longer) to see Australia. Maybe one day we will settle down, maybe.......:D[/quote']

please,, please,, please adopt me :D. i will do '' your laundry and cook '' for you on your expeditions ;). it is wonderful to be able to do so many wonderful fun things isnt it. you sound so full of life and energy. GO,GO,GO.

please,, please,, please adopt me :D. i will do '' your laundry and cook '' for you on your expeditions ;). it is wonderful to be able to do so many wonderful fun things isnt it. you sound so full of life and energy. GO,GO,GO.

Of course I will adopt you. What is one more? We have hosted 22 exchange students over the past 20 years (they have stayed with us from 6 weeks to 3 years) We still keep in touch with most of them. We have a few that come back and visit us each year (maybe for the free accommodation????:D And to do their laundry).

On the upside, we fully expect free accommodation in return when we visit their country, now lets see, we can travel to Germany, Japan, Korea, China, England, Spain, Brazil, The Netherlands, New Zealand, (Oh the choices LOL)

Want to come along??????:D:D

Of course I will adopt you. What is one more? We have hosted 22 exchange students over the past 20 years (they have stayed with us from 6 weeks to 3 years) We still keep in touch with most of them. We have a few that come back and visit us each year (maybe for the free accommodation????:D And to do their laundry).

On the upside' date=' we fully expect free accommodation in return when we visit their country, now lets see, we can travel to Germany, Japan, Korea, China, England, Spain, Brazil, The Netherlands, New Zealand, (Oh the choices LOL)

Want to come along??????:D:D[/quote']

You sound sound like such fun people! Add DH and myself to those who would like to be adopted! :p:p

On the upside' date=' we fully expect free accommodation in return when we visit their country, now lets see, we can travel to Germany, Japan, Korea, China, England, Spain, Brazil, The Netherlands, New Zealand, (Oh the choices LOL)

Want to come along??????:D:D[/quote']

heck yes i want to come along :D. but my downside is i have 2 yrs to go before i can retire and draw ss too have enough time to keep up with you 2. . will you remember me then so we can start the paper work????

I am right at that 54.55! Can't wait to turn 55 to see if that really gives us any discounts. :D

You might want to start a poll about how old you were when you started cruising, I'm betting the average would be a lot lower. DH was 7, his father played piano on a cruise line.

Wondering if anyone can help me....My boyfriend is 25 and I am 23. I have cruised before but years ago and with my family, we want to take a vacation before he gets deployed (he is in the army). He has his heart set on a cruise. He has never been anywhere else besides florida and since he is getting deployed shortly after I want to make this as perfect and re-memorable for him as possible. I have been on celebrity, and princess. I am just looking for a cruise that will be fun with fun excursions. On the princess cruise i went on years ago I was a senior in hs and the crowd was majority geared towards my parents but I made the best of the situation. Costa Cruises have great deals, we are looking to sail Jan 2010. Does anyone reccomend anything?

Royal Caribbean offers a discount rate to those in the military,,, check it out. They are also considered a fun active line.

I am 47 , hubby is 49. My first cruise was a transalantic back in 1962,,, I was only a few months old, we were returning to live in Canada after having lived in Paris for a few years,, my mom wanted to go home to Canada to be near her mom. ( Dad was french , mom Canadian)

Second cruise was in 1989,, our honeymoon, we were 26 and 28. Six cruises inbetween then and now.

I think cruising is ideal at any age,, young or old.

You sound sound like such fun people! Add DH and myself to those who would like to be adopted! :p:p

heck yes i want to come along :D. but my downside is i have 2 yrs to go before i can retire and draw ss too have enough time to keep up with you 2. . will you remember me then so we can start the paper work????

Sure why not LOL. We can get a bigger caravan :D

My husband and I are both 57 and found cruising late in life, only about 3 years ago. We both wear glasses but have for most of our life. We both our own teeth although hubby has 4 crowns and I have 1. My husband helped design some of the scooters and then sold scooters, chairs, and elevators but we don't need any of them. I guess I am saying that we are old but not that old.

I'm 51 and DH is 60. We have been cruising for 25+ years together and also with our son. We started him out when he was 5 and he has been bitten by the cruise bug so much so that on his honeymoon this year he insisted on going on a cruise. My son is 26 and DIL is 29 and she loves cruising. With a grandbaby on the way now, I am hoping they instill the pleasure and fun of cruising with the little one. If they don't, then Grandma will for sure!

i turned 60 this year . that is why i went on 2 cruises for my '' turning point birthday ''. one too alaska and the other for my 1st caribbean cruise. i feel much younger on my cruises and the planning of them keeps me busy and i have something too look forward too that i love. nothing can stop me, no matter how many birthdays go by :D.

Turning Point Birthday:confused::eek: Is that for the better or for the worse:confused::D

I do the 60 in 2010 and wondering if I should be prepared for something happening on June 7.

In any event DW is 52 (yeah I robbed the cradle) to complete the demogrphic information for this thread.

My dh and I are both 52. I've decided I want to be around to p**s off my kids for another 50,:D. So have lost 100lbs, need to loose about another 30 and then I can finally catch the brats when they run.:rolleyes: Also figure I'll spend their inheritance money by taking cruises. Finally learned how to stay young... P**s off your kids!! It's fun, it's worthwhile and gives you something to do when you're bored!

My will reads:

"Being of sound mind and body I spent everything I had. Sorry kids!":D

Archived