Emerald Princess - International Cafe

ilovetinks

On our last cruise on Emerald, we discovered that the International Cafe had the best, free, donuts on the 2nd last day...probably a good thing b/c they were delicious. I started to wonder what other items we had missed out on from there that were included and not an additional charge. I know the ice cream was more but what about the other items....anyone know what is free?

On our last cruise on Emerald, we discovered that the International Cafe had the best, free, donuts on the 2nd last day...probably a good thing b/c they were delicious. I started to wonder what other items we had missed out on from there that were included and not an additional charge. I know the ice cream was more but what about the other items....anyone know what is free?

On the Ruby in March we took advantage of being on Plaza deck, and hit up the International Cafe almost daily. I remember having a donut or two, a mini eclair or two, a mini ham and cheese croussant (or two), a cookee or two or three. I'm sorry you missed out on that stuff. They had some exotic looking things in the evening that my city-fied friends would have enjoyed but didn't appeal too much to me. The only thing I can remember about the I-Cafe that wasn't too favorable was that when ordering the fancy coffee drinks sometimes you'd wait 5 minutes for it to come to you. Still in all, it's not a bad place to hang out.

Great question. I was down there virtually every day to use my coffee card and drooled (sp?) over the showcase of pastries and didn't grab on so I don't know.

On other ships prior to this refitted area, the site I would normally visit would be the Pastiere (sp?) Bar to get coffee and they would have some pastries right on the counter so my guess is that those in the IC are free as well.

We just got off the Emerald on Sunday. Loved the International Cafe, went there everyday, for the fantastic donuts and the chicken salad. I would go down and bring back a plate of donuts to our room. For lunch I would go and get chicken salad, and eat by the aft pool. Yum Yum!!

Gail

We discovered the International Cafe on the STAR in August. What a wonderful spot--the most amazing pastries, sandwiches, donuts...all free!

One morning I was getting coffee as hot croissants were being removed from the oven...delicious!

Don't miss the International Cafe!

Up until earlier this year, there were several items in addition to the Gelato that had a cost associated with them (candied apples for example). Now, all of the food items at the International Cafe are without cost except for the Gelato ($1.50 for three scoops).

The foods which previously had a cost are no longer available at the International Cafe.

Archived