Down and dirty -- how's the toilet paper and tissues?

KyRoamer

Thanks cruisers. Forgot that ship's toilets are like airplane toilets.

How is the tissue or should we bring some Kleenex with us?

Well, they both work. In fact, the tissue is so soft many put several layers under the bed sheets to compensate for the hard mattress and never get scuffed! :D

See you on the water,

Rex

Thanks cruisers. Forgot that ship's toilets are like airplane toilets.

How is the tissue or should we bring some Kleenex with us?

Not exactly like those on an airplane, they aren't chemical toilets. But you sure wouldn't want to 'stuff them up' and have to walk all the way to the nearest public toilet (along with all those in staterooms in your area) for the entire cruise, I wouldn't think. ;)

It's just not worth the chance!

Their tissues are fine for occasional use but not nearly as nice as I use at home. I always bring a small stack of good tissues from home in case I get a cold and am using tissues often. That happened to me once and within a day my nose was bright red and very sore from the tissues on the ship. I just grab a stack from my tissue box that is around 1" thick and that has always lasted throughout the cruise for me.

Their tissues are fine for occasional use but not nearly as nice as I use at home. I always bring a small stack of good tissues from home in case I get a cold and am using tissues often. That happened to me once and within a day my nose was bright red and very sore from the tissues on the ship. I just grab a stack from my tissue box that is around 1" thick and that has always lasted throughout the cruise for me.

I agree; I got a cold on our Ruby TA, and the tissues really irritated my nose. I found the most amazing strong but soft tissues in Italy. They are Kleenex brand, but they're thicker and very soft. I bought a pack of 10 purse size packets, and I'm rationing them until we get back to Italy in April!

Archived