Quick Question: Upgrade Call

pullbangdead

I can't say for sure which room is better but I believe deck 9 may be better because it should be more quiet, deck 8 are guest rooms and deck 10 is guest rooms, so you won't be under or over a nightclub etc. If my memory serves me correctly.

Hope this helps.

NCL upgrade fairy on the phone now.

On the Jewel, upgrade to AE from BA, which cabin is better:

8630 (which is corner on the aft)

or

9672 (which is more center aft)

What you got, Cruise Critic?

Oh how fun! I believe 9672 is a handicapped room...would take the one on the 8th floor unless you need 9672.

Please let us know how this turns out!

Good luck,

Coffeecat

Congrats on the upgrade.. not an upsell, right?

I'd pick 8630. It only shares one wall, and you won't have neighbors on your balcony except for the one side.

The ship's Galleria is one deck down, but I don't that that'd be noisy at night.

Wow, thanks for the quick answers!

Well, I went ahead and picked 8630, the caller recommended the corner unit. No public areas above, and just shops below shouldn't be a big deal.

I certainly couldn't lose with either one, that's for sure! As if I didn't already have enough reasons to be looking forward to this cruise, now my first NCL cruise will be in a penthouse!

Oh, and for the "how much?" question and for anyone hoping for an upsell fairy call for the Jewel cruise leaving this weekend, this wasn't even an upsell, it was a free upgrade, no cost! I went from BA aft on deck 10 to the AE aft. I'm amazed, can't wait to get over to Miami this weekend.

Thanks for the advice all, not a huge difference in either one it seems, either should be great.

Wow, thanks for the quick answers!

Well, I went ahead and picked 8630, the caller recommended the corner unit. No public areas above, and just shops below shouldn't be a big deal.

I certainly couldn't lose with either one, that's for sure! As if I didn't already have enough reasons to be looking forward to this cruise, now my first NCL cruise will be in a penthouse!

Oh, and for the "how much?" question and for anyone hoping for an upsell fairy call for the Jewel cruise leaving this weekend, this wasn't even an upsell, it was a free upgrade, no cost! I went from BA aft on deck 10 to the AE aft. I'm amazed, can't wait to get over to Miami this weekend.

Thanks for the advice all, not a huge difference in either one it seems, either should be great.

That is just fantastic! I am sure you will have the best cruise and you will just love NCL!

Happy sailing!

Coffeecat

I just had to ask: Did you make the fairy wait on the line while you posted your question, or were you given a few minutes to think it over before calling back?

It was partly multi-tasking (I was on my laptop when the phone rang, so it was easy to just open up a new tab and start typing), and it was mostly when she had me on hold looking up something else semi-related.

She had me on hold for a while doing things on her end, so I typed up a quick thread, and I had responses within just a couple minutes, in time to help me out and without holding up the wonderful lady on the phone. She was very helpful and patient anyway, and I don't think I held her up any.

Wow - this is strange. Why do you think they called. Was their something special about your old room that they would upgrade you for free?

After all, I would assume you would have paid something to get a real suite.

The time that happened to me the cruise line (not NCL) had made a mistake, accidentally cancelling my cabin, selling it to someone else, and then realizing they had goofed. Result: Free upgrade from a balcony cabin to a suite.

The time that happened to me the cruise line (not NCL) had made a mistake, accidentally cancelling my cabin, selling it to someone else, and then realizing they had goofed. Result: Free upgrade from a balcony cabin to a suite.

I would think the logical jump would be a mini, but maybe something like NJH did happen. Oh well, either way.. Totally great!

Archived