First time on RCI - Dining question

rplindsay

I just booked a 7 day cruise on Liberty of the Seas. I had requested from my TA the late seating dining but she said it was already booked and had to give us early seating. If I want to try this "My Time Dining" option should I just wait until we board to request a change? Not sure how this works with RCI. Thanks for any tips.

Do you want tablemates, or are you "loners"....if you want to join in the fun, pick a traditional dining time...if you are "anti-social" and want to dine alone, take MTD...

If you're assigned early seating, go to the dining room when you board and request late seating...they can accomodate you, almost certainly. A large table is MUCH more fun than just the 2 of you eating.....

Do you want tablemates, or are you "loners"....if you want to join in the fun, pick a traditional dining time...if you are "anti-social" and want to dine alone, take MTD...

If you're assigned early seating, go to the dining room when you board and request late seating...they can accomodate you, almost certainly. A large table is MUCH more fun than just the 2 of you eating.....

Loners ??? Anti-Social ??? Wow....you really do post too much. Yeah....join a large table just so you can meet interesting people like.....hhmmm, maybe CB at Sea?? :rolleyes: Not a good enough reason for me. My wife and I sailed the Liberty in June and we chose MTD and really liked it. We had the same window table everynight and it worked great for us. Early seating is just too early for us, so we chose times that were actually between the two seatings.

We've been on lots of cruises and met lots of people, but there are tons of opportunities to meet people other than dinner. Check and see if they can switch you to late seating when you board, but if they can't give MTD a shot....I bet you will enjoy it. :D

How rude! We are certainly not "anti social" because we chose to dine alone! How sad that you don't enjoy romantic dinners for 2 with your spouse! Everyone is different which is why they offer different dining options. Please do not sterotype me because you no longer like your spouse!

Yes, I am being sarcastic because my statements are meant to show just how rude and judgemental yours were!

You just have to understand CB at Sea. She believes that there is only one way to do things - her way- and anything that doesn't correspond to her opinion of how things should be done is just plain wrong-headed. In her world, you should only book Junior Suites, eat breakfast in the MDR because it is the "civilized" way of dining, and sit at large tables because they are such "fun" and avoid romantic dinners for two because those who choose them are "anti-social". But don't worry, your critical comments will just bounce off her and she will continue with similar posts that frequently fail to have any connection to the questions being asked.:rolleyes:

Wow-that's pretty harsh. We sailed on NCL last year and did their version of MTD so we would have more flexibility everyday in our dining times. We actually did invite another couple to join us for dinner one night we happened to meet on our flight to Miami and ran into on the ship one evening. We also joined others at tables in the buffet for breakfast and enjoyed meeting people there. There are lots of ways to enjoy dining alone or with others than the standard early and late seatings.

Just did MTD. When you check in for your table every night they will ask you if you prefer to sit with others or alone so you have that option. It worked out great. We ended up liking our servers so much we got them everynight but the flexibility of showing up when we wanted. You should have no problem switching to MTD once on board.

You just have to understand CB at Sea. She believes that there is only one way to do things - her way- and anything that doesn't correspond to her opinion of how things should be done is just plain wrong-headed....

LOL! Has anyone on these boards ever met her in person? I wonder what she is like in real life. I just do. :p

Archived