What is the latest one can get to port for departure?

geovet

That 90 minutes means you need to be checked in 90 minutes before the ship departs.

This in NOT and RCI requirement. It is a REQUIREMENT of Homeland Security. If you do not abide by this requirement there is NOTHING any part-time, full-time, or contract emlpoyee at the pier can do about it!!!!

There was a thread here awhile ago where the people arrived at the luggage drop about 95 minutes before sail time. They were turned away because there was not sufficient time for them to check in within the 90 minute timeframe.

So as others have already noted - better to add a bit of extra time rather than be watching that ship sail away without you!

I remember in '06 standing on deck for the muster drill and people were literally running up the gangway to get on board. My guess is that they made it with only minutes to spare. Way to stressful a way to start a vacation....:eek:

Karen

I remember in '06 standing on deck for the muster drill and people were literally running up the gangway to get on board. My guess is that they made it with only minutes to spare. Way to stressful a way to start a vacation....:eek:

Karen

Totally with you.. we like to be at the port in the morning and take our time getting onboard, grabbing some lunch and a drink, and our favorite part... exploring the ship!

My first RC cruise coming up in 3 weeks. I do not plan to get there at the last min. but I need to know what would be the latest time to get there. The ship is scheduled to leave at 5 PM.

Thanks

Have you printed out your SetSail pass yet? This information is printed right on it. As others have said, you must be checked in by 90 minutes before the scheduled sailing time.

The best way allowing for flight arrivals or by car, is to be on board by noon or 1 PM, this gives you a chance to enjoy seeing the ship, check you room, drop off your carry ons and begin unpacking. If your lucky and main luggage is at your room by 3 Pm then you can get everything put away and begin relaxing and enjoy the Sail away on Deck.

The 90 minute before sailing Homeland Security rule is tightly adheared to, and it would be much safer to say that if you have not arrived at the pier for check in within 2 hours of sailing, you might be skating on very thin ice, as far as making the voyage.

I know of several people that have written their story here on CC, telling us that they called RCCL from the airport, etc, and arrived with over 90 minutes, and were turned away. Not only were they turned away, the insurance that they had, would not refund their money.

It used to be that my DW and I would fly out the day of the cruise. Now, with airline delays, we plan on coming to the port city a day early. I would hate to miss a cruise that we had planned for, with poor pre trip planning!!:eek:

Rick

If you don't want to be there early and go to the WJ, etc., then that's fine--not everyone wants to be the first one on the ship. But to echo what has been said, this is not like at the airport. Since you've cruised before, you know that the check in process is quite a few steps. They say to board at 2 and that is good advice. There will be enough people there in your position that by the time you get to your cabin, it will be time for the muster drill, which is usually 45 minutes before you actually set sail. They will check to see that you are there. It's just one of those things where you really need to get there with all that time or either you and/or your bags won't get on. Also, if you check in that late, you may not see your bags for a long time. That may or may not be important to you, but it's just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the advise. Looks like 2PM will be my latest time.

I think that you are shooting for a perfect time.....2PM! I understand that sometimes one cannot get to the ship in the morning, or even at noon, but with a 5 PM departure...........2 PM at the pier is "right on time"!!

Enjoy your cruise..........and let us know the highlights!!:)

Rick

Archived