9C AFT WRAP ON Conquest Class Ships ?

mr jailerman

Hi Guys, Just a quick question in reguards to what would be the BEST/Your Favorite AFT Wrap Cabin on a Conquest Class ship ? I have one on the Splendor in April and see that their are still one from each deck still open and hope you great folks can throw me some suggestions on your preferences and why (Cabin size, Balcony Views, Noise, soot and trash and so on...) Also any photos, Both exterior and interior would also be great :)! Thanks and have a great day all ! Kurt

We have had 8448 on Conquest and Liberty, 8328 on the Destiny, and 6450 on the Splendor. We have 6461 on the Victory booked, as well as 6485 on the Splendor.

We prefer deck 8. The deck chairs don't bother us, and I like that the balcony has true 270 degree views - it has a side portion bigger than a standard balcony. We like that it's close to Lido.

We did not like 6450 at all. The noise from the lounge below was horrible, which is why we have booked the other side on our next two trips. We were lucky that 8328 slept 3, but it's the only deck 8 wrap I've found that sleeps 3, so now that our 4 year old comes with us, it's deck 6 or nothing for us. Sure hope the other side is better!

I have pictures of all these cabins in the link in my sig. The Conquest and Liberty pictures are at the end of their respective albums, the other 2 have their own album.

I had 6450 on the conquest last april, I have booked the same cabin for this May. We noticed the noise from the lounge below us, but it didn't bother us. Mostly because we were not in the cabin till late at night. It would probably bother us, if we went to bed early. Not too many problems with trash on the balcony. We found a glass out there one morning. The views are fabulous. I think it would get very hot in the summer. Not much wind back there. I wouldn't book that cabin in august. in the caribbean.

I had 6452 on Freedom in October and loved it. The balcony is obviously huge and also wide. There is a full portion directly aft as well. The cabin has a couch in it and I loved the extra window above the bed. I didn't hear any noise from the lounge below.

From the blacony door:

062-3.jpg

From the other side:

153-1.jpg

View of the bed:

150-1.jpg

From the balcony door:

151-1.jpg

We only cruise wraps (if the ship has them) and are booked on the Splendor in cabin 7438.

We love the wraps and hope you enjoy the one you pick as much as we do.

We tend to book on the Empress and Veranda decks depending on the overhead or lower deck noise potential. Vibration, soot, trash from above have only been minor annoyances. Straigt up or down the elevator to food is a real plus if your assigned to the aft dinning room. Cat 11 wraps on the Spirit Class ships are our favorites.

I had 6452 on Freedom in October and loved it. The balcony is obviously huge and also wide. There is a full portion directly aft as well. The cabin has a couch in it and I loved the extra window above the bed. I didn't hear any noise from the lounge below.

From the blacony door:

062-3.jpg

From the other side:

153-1.jpg

View of the bed:

150-1.jpg

From the balcony door:

151-1.jpg

Thanks tiggerman ! Great photos !!

We have stayed multiple times in both deck 6 corners (6483 and 6452). When we sail on Conquest class ships, those are the only two cabins we will consider (we tried a suite on the Glory, and prefer them to that as well).

We have never had problems with sound in either - the same can not be said for some other deck 6 (aft) cabins. As an added bonus there is an additional shared door (shared with the cat 8 cabin on the side) to the hallway. This helps lessen sounds coming though the door from the hall. I don't think that exists on any other level. (By the way, the same double door set-up on deck 6 situation can be found on the Dream).

81817790_5ejUc-L.jpg

81818254_LRif6-L.jpg

6483:

482928314_PjUhT-L.jpg

482927950_LFysF-L.jpg

Tom

We have stayed multiple times in both deck 6 corners (6483 and 6452). When we sail on Conquest class ships, those are the only two cabins we will consider (we tried a suite on the Glory, and prefer them to that as well).

We have never had problems with sound in either - the same can not be said for some other deck 6 (aft) cabins. As an added bonus there is an additional shared door (shared with the cat 8 cabin on the side) to the hallway. This helps lessen sounds coming though the door from the hall. I don't think that exists on any other level. (By the way, the same double door set-up on deck 6 situation can be found on the Dream).

81817790_5ejUc-L.jpg

81818254_LRif6-L.jpg

6483:

482928314_PjUhT-L.jpg

482927950_LFysF-L.jpg

Tom

Tom and Cheryl are king and queen of the Aft wraps....and also of the Owner Suites...... :D

They are also to cool for words.....

great sailing with you on the Dream....wish it could have been longer!!!

Great pics! considering booking a 9C on liberty, quick Q for those who have enjoyed the cabins.

I notice the bed(s) are set up on angle, yet the cabin is supposed to sleep 3 with sofabed. Not sure how it'd open with configuration shown, unless steward would move the beds?:confused: perhaps a blonde moment here

Tom and Cheryl are king and queen of the Aft wraps....and also of the Owner Suites...... :D

They are also to cool for words.....

great sailing with you on the Dream....wish it could have been longer!!!

Too cool for words? LOL, well - I'm glad at least one person thinks that... :D

Hey Linda - enjoy your upcoming sailing!!

Tom

Great pics! considering booking a 9C on liberty, quick Q for those who have enjoyed the cabins.

I notice the bed(s) are set up on angle, yet the cabin is supposed to sleep 3 with sofabed. Not sure how it'd open with configuration shown, unless steward would move the beds?:confused: perhaps a blonde moment here

On the Splendor, the sofabed doesn't "open". They just make up the couch into a twin size bed. This is 6450:

2139946140055171848S425x425Q85.jpg

2813867270055171848S425x425Q85.jpg

On the Destiny, I suspect the couch does in fact fold out, but since our 3rd was a 3 year old, our steward made up the couch as-is, and it created a toddler bed, especially when we moved it and put it against the wall. This is 8328:

2735711430055171848S425x425Q85.jpg

I can't confirm that for certain, though, as this is the only setup we had for 9 days. Normally the couch is under the picture hanging on the wall.

Unless I'm wrong, I think the back cushions come off of the back out that couch and then they just make it into a 1 person bed then..

In ours you just took off the pillows from the back and seat of the couch and it was like a twin mattress beneath it. The couch itself is bigger then the normal ones in a typical balcony room. I loved the cabin but we did have soot problems one day. My steward said it occurred sometimes when the ship makes a sharp turn. He went right out there and hosed everything down. It really wasn't a big deal. Also 6452 on the Freedom had a VCR/DVD player connected to the TV. I didn't know it had one prior to staying in the cabin.

Thanks All !! I think I may like the looks of the deck 7 Wraps a bit more ? Even though their is no couch, Their does look to be more space freed up to move around in that cabin as well as a nice Balcony as well ? Plus being between 2 decks will be a bonus with having little noise issues also.. If their is any negitive, It's that the balcony does not curve directly aft ? But it certainly makes up for it along the side of the ship as that section is that of a Cat 12 !:D Thanks Again all..:)

Thanks All !! I think I may like the looks of the deck 7 Wraps a bit more ? Even though their is no couch, Their does look to be more space freed up to move around in that cabin as well as a nice Balcony as well ? Plus being between 2 decks will be a bonus with having little noise issues also.. If their is any negitive, It's that the balcony does not curve directly aft ? But it certainly makes up for it along the side of the ship as that section is that of a Cat 12 !:D Thanks Again all..:)

Here is one more picture which helps to show the balconies on all 3 decks.

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

Tom

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

Tom

That is a very descriptive pic. I understand we have the same 6th floor aft wrap cabin on the Dream as you for upcoming cruises (ours is in August, not sure when yours was/is). Are you concerned about the noise coming from the nightclub below in that room?

Jim

That is a very descriptive pic. I understand we have the same 6th floor aft wrap cabin on the Dream as you for upcoming cruises (ours is in August, not sure when yours was/is). Are you concerned about the noise coming from the nightclub below in that room?

Jim

No, I am not concerned... though I have yet to read any reviews (or at least have not seen any) from people staying in those deck 6 corners. I would imagine (read:hope) that the similarities to the Conquest class are not limited to the double door to the hallway!

Tom

No, I am not concerned... though I have yet to read any reviews (or at least have not seen any) from people staying in those deck 6 corners. I would imagine (read:hope) that the similarities to the Conquest class are not limited to the double door to the hallway!

Tom

OK, I think I saw one (not on the Dream, think it was the Splendor) where the speakers mounted to the ceiling in nightclub one deck below made the floor vibrate. The more I think about that though, it would probably have to be an aft extended cabin (more towards the middle of the aft cabins) and not the wrap.

Jim

I just got off the Glory (Dec. 6 - Dec 13) and had an aft extended balcony right next to the wrap-around balcony on deck 6 (room 6454). The room had some minor noise from the nightclub below until only about 12:00 for some reason, couldn't hear anything at all after that. The floor did not shake at all either.

I would have loved a wrap for sure simply for the size of the balcony but my aft extended balcony was great and I think I enjoy the setup of the room better on the non-wrap cabins IMO.

Either way, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

Tom

Tom, Your killing me with this photo:eek::D! I had a Deck 6 Wrap #6485 on the Splendor and have just switched it early this morning to #7447 as I like the Room itself more on 7.. Now you post this Killer (Awesome;)) Photo of these Balconies and I wonder If I made a wise choice :confused::D?UHHHH !! LOL

wow, just wow! must book this type of cabin:D

was thinking it needed to fold out, yet after looking @ the new pics posted, looks to be the same type of sofabed (with removeable back bolster) as we had on direct aft balcony on legend & it worked out just fine.

Archived