Making Chicken Drumettes At Home?

JBert

Hi All-

So I had a true winter blues/fat kid moment tonight with my wife.

We're at the super market, and I come up with the idea of making my own chicken drumettes (room service freaks know what these are) - but can't find small enough chicken legs!!

Anyone know where I can get chicken legs that small?!

Hi All-

We're at the super market, and I come up with the idea of making my own chicken drumettes (room service freaks know what these are) - but can't find small enough chicken legs!!

Go to the freezer section:cool:

That's because a drumette is not the drum, but part of the wing. You know how there are two parts? One is the fat part and the other has the double-bone thing with the pointy tip.

You cut the whole double-bone thing away. You can then (while it's raw) take a paring knife and scrape the meat and skin downward from the thin part to the fatter part so that the bone is showing on half the wing, which makes it look like a leg. :)

Not at all...you just have to do a little scrapey-scrape.

And if you have room service in your house, I wanna move in! :)

it sounds like you know how to cook I wanna move in with you:)

it sounds like you know how to cook I wanna move in with you:)

LOL. You WOULD think that, wouldn't you? I actually thought that as I was typing...I thought, "Okay this really makes me look like I'm some great cook." Not at ALL. I made curried shrimp tonight. Sounds yummy and creamy and delicious, right? Maybe some cilantro at the end, over a nice jasmine rice...some veggies chopped up in there, some coconut milk? Riiiiight.

I defrosted shrimp, threw them in a pan, and coated them in curry powder, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash. Poof, curried shrimp. :D

Seriously though, when I read the OP, I thought, "Wait, I've eaten drumettes and recall the menus always saying they were wings." So I went to Yahoo and typed "what are chicken drumettes" and every website said they were half of the wing. The scrapey-scrape part I vaguely remembered seeing on the Food Network.

:)

LOL. You WOULD think that, wouldn't you? I actually thought that as I was typing...I thought, "Okay this really makes me look like I'm some great cook." Not at ALL. I made curried shrimp tonight. Sounds yummy and creamy and delicious, right? Maybe some cilantro at the end, over a nice jasmine rice...some veggies chopped up in there, some coconut milk? Riiiiight.

I defrosted shrimp, threw them in a pan, and coated them in curry powder, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash. Poof, curried shrimp. :D

Seriously though, when I read the OP, I thought, "Wait, I've eaten drumettes and recall the menus always saying they were wings." So I went to Yahoo and typed "what are chicken drumettes" and every website said they were half of the wing. The scrapey-scrape part I vaguely remembered seeing on the Food Network.

:)

If I cant move in

Can you at least talk to my GF and explain how easy cookin really is PLEASEsmiley1478.gif

Sorry gang lol.

I must have ordered 3 plates each day on my last cruise. I'll google how to throw them together and have the wife whip them up.

I tried the whole room service line on my wife - called her cell from my bedroom while she was in the den. Didn't go over too well lol.

I see drumettes sometimes -- not all the time -- in the chicken section at the grocery store. They are, indeed, a part of the wing.

I like to do them in one of those baking bags with spices. My husband likes to deep fry them. We both prefer a ranch sauce to a butter-based dip.

They're VERY EASY to make.

If I cant move in

Can you at least talk to my GF and explain how easy cookin really is PLEASEsmiley1478.gif

Well I can try, but I don't find it that easy, actually. I can't do anything without a recipe and half the time I screw that up. The things I cook for myself I generally wouldn't feed to other humans, haha...such as my curried shrimp.

PS the rest of you are cracking me up on this thread.

Hi All-

If you find out how to make them like that...

Invite me over..

but, it is a long way to Conn. this time of year. (sigh) :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just have to wait another 3 weeks until our next cruise,

or, head over to Hooter's next week...

I love 'dem wings...;)

If you find out how to make them like that...

Invite me over..

but, it is a long way to Conn. this time of year. (sigh) :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just have to wait another 3 weeks until our next cruise,

or, head over to Hooter's next week...

I love 'dem wings...;)

Oh God Hooters has the best wings and the best hot sauce. Why can't they have the same calories as, say, celery? Sigh.

Archived