Noordam and curacao

gsebast

Does anyone know if the Noordam docks at the new Mega Port or the old cruise port in Curacao? Also I know the old port was walkable (about a mile) but I wondered if you can walk to the heart of town from the new mega port? Any help would be appreciated.

We have been to Curacao on various HAL ships many times and have docked at the Mega pier -- even on the Noordam February 2009.

It is a bit of a hike if you have mobility issues. And if the pontoon bridge is not availble for use like on our last cruise, it is even a bit of a further walk to get to the ferry to get to town.

It is an "easy" walk on that pathway from the Mega pier to the bridge. There are many places to stop and rest. They have installed level walkways and restaurants and stores for the cruise passengers. No problems for wheelchairs on the sidewalks etc.

caribbeanboy, We will be in Curacao Wed March 10, 2010. We have not been to Curacao since the new pier was opened. We went under the bridge and to a turn around the last time we were there. Sounds like the new port is much nicer. Take care and catch you later

We docked at the Mega Pier on December 7 on the Noordam. There was another HAL ship in port that day and they were at the old pier. My husband and I walked over the pontoon bridge and around.....it was a lovely walk and there were plenty of places to sit and rest for awhile.

Hi,

I just returned from the Zuiderdam (December 13 - 23). In Curacao, we sailed down the channel and docked at the pier in the center of town (before the bridge). This is an incredible port arrival! Because the ship is so large for the channel, we backed out when we left port. The Enchantment of the Seas was docked at the pier outside the channel. We sailed by the Enchantment after we left the channel.

Chuck

Archived