CB Plaza Deck Cabin P221

gehrandt

Has anyone stayed on the Plaza Deck? Any comments/suggestions? Our DD & DSIL have cabin P221.

They love early morning lattes so figured that deck might be better then other ones.

One thing that's nice -- you can get coffee and a snack at the I-cafe

for breakfast on the last morning, and completely miss the horizon

court zoo.

Water frequently washes over those windows on Plaza deck. :eek:
She'd have to be going thru some purty rough seas. :cool:

I think "on rare occasion" may be closer to reality.

We spent 4 days and three nights cruising from Barbados to St.Maarten and back

and at no time during that time did the water level come anywhere near our cabin window in P241

we stayed in P201 on our first cruise. we had no problems. I just booked a G cat guarantee for next cruise and hoe to get upgraded to same area. we'll see.

That's exacrly what we got for January 23rd - G guarantee upgraded to D on Plaza.

Does anyone have a pic of the view from the window in a plaza deck cabin?

With or w/o the water on your window? :D

Well, my mild claustrophobia kicked in,, the though of seeing water on the window freaked me out. I have upgraded to a balcony on Baja Deck,, thank you for helping to part with even more of my money.. LOL .. grrrhh.. LOL.

Actually , prices have gone down on my cruise, they are now offereing balcony guarantees for 688,, Canadian.. what a deal.

trikeman, thanks for the photo. I am in a Plaza deck cabin in two weeks and I would LOVE to see the water like that. Wouldn't freak me out. I haven't done a cabin without a balcony for quite awhile but my upcoming cruise I paid only $379 per person plus tax so couldn't resist an unplanned extra cruise.

Everyone keeps talking about water washing the windows, which I think would be fanatastic (bit of a thrill seeker), however, I'm going to Alaska and have heard the water is pretty calm. Can anyone disagree (hoping....haha)?

Alaska doesn't move. The ship just glides along. Very calm. And as far as the water hitting the windows on deck 5, there'd have to be really rough seas for that to happen. But that's where we'll be on the 23rd, so will let you know if we get to feel like being in washing machine. ;)

Alaska doesn't move. The ship just glides along. Very calm. And as far as the water hitting the windows on deck 5, there'd have to be really rough seas for that to happen. But that's where we'll be on the 23rd, so will let you know if we get to feel like being in washing machine. ;)

For sure keep me posted! I guess if I want some action on the sea I should cruise to South America next. :D

We just had four lovely days

in Caribbean Princess cabin P241 on Plaza Deck!

Want more!!

2418.jpg

You will love your Ocean View cabin on Plaza Deck 5.

Btw, what is it with all these 2x1 cabin numbers on this thread?

Here's what the Plaza Deck hallway looks like, right outside our cabin

2529.jpg

Sorry about all the bendy bits in these shots,but that's what a fisheye lens does

in order to get everything in! - a few too many beers will have the same effect LOL!

Here's the cabin itself, as you enter..

2412.jpg

and other views..

2414.jpg

I'm a bit motion-sickness-prone, but at this lower deck level we felt zero motion.

Count yourself lucky you got this deck!

2413.jpg

Hi!

I have just sent a friend request to you! My husband & I just booked on Star Princess 30 days South America. Been given Plaza P237, looks similar location to your one on CP. Can you expect a problem on that deck given we r going round the Horn?

Cheers,

Andrea

Archived