Nice call

jackdiamond

At 10:30 A.M., today, I received a very nice call from Celebrity inquiring as to how we enjoyed our Dec.4-14, cruise on the Equinox. I replied that we loved it; and, further that we are booked on the Constellation next December and on the Equinox in April of 2011. Sadly, I forgot to mention the wonderful service presented by our waiter and asst. waiter at table 815 in the Blu.

As far as we are concerned, the M and S class ships in AQ, or CC-1, or above, are as close to luxury as you can get without the significant fare increases.

Received a similar call upon returning home from our Constellation cruise last month. I think it's a great PR move on X's part, especially since I can't remember the last time anyone called to see if we were happy with a purchase we made or service we received of any kind.

At 10:30 A.M., today, I received a very nice call from Celebrity inquiring as to how we enjoyed our Dec.4-14, cruise on the Equinox. I replied that we loved it; and, further that we are booked on the Constellation next December and on the Equinox in April of 2011. Sadly, I forgot to mention the wonderful service presented by our waiter and asst. waiter at table 815 in the Blu.

As far as we are concerned, the M and S class ships in AQ, or CC-1, or above, are as close to luxury as you can get without the significant fare increases.

We also received a call shortly after our cruise on Century. I must respectably disagree however, Century packed the most price/value in all of our past Celebrity Cruises (Summit, Infinity, Millinium and Mercury). If they hadn't ripped out the T-Pool during the refurbishment it would be the jewel of the line.

But to each his own. Better to be cruising than not :).

Nice touch. I'm actually surprised I haven't heard anything since our return. My comments were all very positive so maybe they figured (correctly) that I was a very satifsfied customer!

Hi Sandi:), I have never received a call after any of my cruises so

I am not surprised I didn't get one after our cruise either:rolleyes:

You are not the first person to use this abbreviation. What does "TA" mean in this context? It doesn't make sense to read it as "travel agent."

TA...Transatlantic Cruise:) going across that big pond:)

I just got off the phone with a rep from Celebrity. The called about or Dec 13, 2009 Solstice cruise.

I made sure to mention the excellent service we received from our Room Steward, Head Waitier Thomas (who told us he has been with Celebrity for 9 years), Assistant Waiter Cristina (who was on her first cruise and treated us like she had been doing this forever), and Sommlier as well as Flo who used to be in the XClub but moved to the A/V Dept. He came up to play ping pong with my boys who he remembered by name from our Solstice cruise the year before. Also Natalie in one of the Retail Shops who took care of my sister and I before and during the fashion show we were in on the ship. Yikes!

He also assured me that the comments would be passed on to their Supervisors and said they appreciated the fact that we took the time to fill out the survey while on board.

I am glad they are taking the time to recognize the excellent service their employees are giving their customers. It makes all the difference in the world to have people that are truly pleasant to deal with and treat you like you are a guest at their own house.

I did make one small request, though. To have all of them on board the Eclipse when we sail next December!! He laughed and said he can't guarantee that, but he would see what he can do!

I had a long rambling message on my answering machine shortly after my Transatlantic cruise on Solstice. Unfortunately I could not understand 90% of what was said but it was clear it was a follow up survey. I could not tell if they were trying to leave a number to call back or not, but I had to make up for all that time off and there is no way I could have called back. It is a good thing that customer service and repeat customers are a priority for the line.

I have never received a call after any of my cruises so

I am not surprised I didn't get one after our cruise either:rolleyes:

Hi Lois !

I've never recieved a phone call either. Oh well, maybe they will get to me at some point. I agree it's a nice touch, and it is excellent customer service !

This is a fine example of several wonderful changes at Celebrity in 2009. Many of us have said in the past, that Celebrity wasn't listening to us. They are making excellent progress in this area. I look forward to seeing what's ahead in 2010, particularly for Eclipse's debut, Captains Club enhancements, and 2011/2012 deployments.

We also received a call after our Century Med cruise in November of 09. We had a problem with a VAT tax refund on a purchase we made while onboard. The store rep did not provide the necessary documentation for us to receive our refund when we left Barcelona after completing the cruise. I was attempting to resolve this with the agency Celebrity contracts with when I received the call from Celebrity. The Celebrity representative offered to intervene, but she was also unsuccessful. She then asked if I planned to cruise with Celebrity in the near future (Solstice Jan 24/10) and applied the VAT refund as a credit on our upcoming cruise. I could not be happier and cannot wait for our Solstice cruise on 1/24/10.

DH and I also received a call after our last trip - actually we had two calls and then an e-mail thanking us for completing an on-line survey too!

We always complete our debarkation surveys and praise and comment as fairly and objectively as possible but this was the first time we ever received this type of acknowledgement.

Also, part way through our cruise we received a note asking if there was anything we would like to comment on or have a suggestion on how our cruise experience could be improved. We submitted favorable comments and one suggestion - two or three days later we received a thankyou call!:)

Definitely a step in the right direction regards customer service.

Happy New Year one and all:)

Archived