Wheelhouse bar & Fish and Chips ?

sweet

As I recall the "Pub Lunch" is served in the Savoy on the Sapphire.

It was also offered on serval at sea days in the Savoy dining room on the Diamond last month. Was was very popular. And still very yummy. (my favourite is the mushy peas :D)

My previous cruises on the crown/ruby/emerald sisters type grand class where in the wheelhouse bar.

Just goes to show that everyone's experience is relative. I had the pub lunch on the Diamond recently and honestly it was awful!

I usually love the food on Princess but this was just gross..and in case you are wondering my husband is english.

No one on our table of 8 enjoyed it and most left it almost untouched.

Never mind one missed meal was a good thing...the rest of the meals were toooo goood!

We have had it on various Princess ships. The Royal was the only really bad one. I like the Ploughman's.

I had the Pub Lunch on Royal Princess three times during the two weeks I was aboard her and quite enjoyed it! YUMMY!!!! :D

Here are some pictures...

Menus for the two different Sea Day Pub Lunches

11204786525_a6099be5d1_c.jpg

11368658793_95ea6e8aed_c.jpg

Beers available

11204870536_24335dfa00_c.jpg

11527490093_c0ed052efb_c.jpg

Location varies by ship. Typical locations on various ships are:

Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Royal and Regal - Wheelhouse Bar

Grand, Golden, Star and Caribbean - Crown Grill

Coral and Island - Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse

Diamond and Sapphire - Savoy DR

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had mushy peas on our last cruise for the first time. Almost didn't order them because, well, they sounded yucky...turns out I asked for a second serving!

Loved the pub lunch. Enjoyed the fish 'n chips (and the mushy peas;)) along with a draft beer. There was also a trio playing some great music. All in all a fabulous lunch. Looking forward to trying it again on our upcoming cruise.

what kind of peas? the green english peas? or black-eye peas? or some Princess Peas?????

Had mushy peas on our last cruise for the first time. Almost didn't order them because, well, they sounded yucky...turns out I asked for a second serving!

Loved the pub lunch. Enjoyed the fish 'n chips (and the mushy peas;)) along with a draft beer. There was also a trio playing some great music. All in all a fabulous lunch. Looking forward to trying it again on our upcoming cruise.

what kind of peas? the green english peas? or black-eye peas? or some Princess Peas?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushy_peas

That Scotch egg looks very unappetizing :eek:

Totally agree, it doesn't look very nice at all. I'm wondering if that's the ploughman's lunch? If so, that's a new one on me! I'd be really disappointed if I went into a pub, asked for a ploughman's & got served that

A ploughman's is a selection of cheeses, a big wedge of crusty bread, branston or mustard & pickled onions.

On our Alaskan cruise in 2012, we were looking forward to our "home from home" pub lunch but both times we went to eat there, the smell of what seemed to us to be over used cooking oil as we neared the wheelhouse put us off.

The Wheelhouse is never open for lunch unless they are doing the Pub lunch. Also, not every ship uses the Wheelhouse for those lunches. Coral uses the Bayou.

Indeed. An Caribbean Princess uses the Crown Grill. Hard to beat those two for comfort and tables at the right height for eating.

Norris

As I recall the "Pub Lunch" is served in the Savoy on the Sapphire.

It was in the Savoy when I was on the Diamond too.

Norris, steak and kidney pie fan

That Scotch egg looks very unappetizing :eek:

The Scotch Egg (boiled egg wrapped in pork sausage and deep fried) is delicious! Have them heat it up, otherwise they'll serve it's cold (or at room temperature) since they're normally served that way.

:D

P.S. It's not part of the Ploughman's Lunch. Look at the menu boards I previously posted....

Edited by dmwnc1959

Is the Shepherd's Pie gone for good? I haven't seen it in a couple of years. I have been getting the scampi (the English version) lately, but I think I'll try that egg! (My extended family is English, so I'm familiar with most of their traditional dishes.) DH did the curry last cruise and said it was just okay. One thing he likes about real English pubs is the curry selections. The deserts have always been very good, but I don't remember seeing spotted dick for some years now.

Edited by shredie