"LIVE" from Celebrity Mercury / Jan 2, 2010

Radio

Thanks for all the updates-we sail on the 11th.

We are also booked for the transcanal in April, and have a concern about our cabin. We are in 8247 and are worried about noise from the nightclub below. Anyone in the aft section of deck 8 who can give us some feedback (pun intended ;)).

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Can't wait for the pictures take lots of them please.

Would like to know what the grill has and other snacky quick foods there are.

I have enjoyed your other reports

And wave at my son for me, he works across from the cruise dock in Charleston.

(and I am waving at gkm/Garry from Asheville)

Radio - We're looking forward to your live reports. We'll be sailing on the Mercury out of Charleston on Feb 15, 2010 and then again on Nov 29, 2010 from Baltimore.

Hi Ilene! We've thought about you and Jeff many times. Hopefully we can sail together again. Think about Nov 29th. I'll try to get in touch with you soon. I've been working non-stop in addition to some medical issues.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Lynn

Odd question.

But I've read multiple times here that the toilets in Mercury cabins are malfunctioning.

Please report on that when convenient.

Also, is cabin air conditioning working okay?

Have a safe and wonderful journey

Hello everyone. . . Mercury arrived at the port at about 630AM. I will be heading down to Cruise Maryland by around 1030AM.

It is a short drive from my house, and the traffic should not be a problem.

I was happy when Celebrity announced the NEW Captains Club benefits, and I am looking forward toprovide any details on what the changes are.

I will try to sign up for Select Dining when I get onboard, and I read that since I didn't previously sign up, that I have to do it within the first 24 hrs.

The forecast for today is COLD (31F and very windy) No worries ! ;)

A cold windy day on a Cruise Ship is better that a warm sunny day at work ! ;)

I will post again when I get onboard the beautiful Celebrity Mercury.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The forecast for today is COLD (31F and very windy) No worries ! ;)

You may have a very interesting trek down the bay today... when you say very windy, you aren't kidding... the National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for the entire area:

421 AM EST SAT JAN 2 2010

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 3 AM EST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO 3 AM EST SUNDAY.

REPEATED SURGES OF ARCTIC ORIGIN AIR WILL MOVE INTO THE MID-ATLANTIC REGION THROUGH TONIGHT. STRONG WINDS THROUGH THE LOWER PORTIONS OF THE ATMOSPHERE WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO THE SURFACE AS A TIGHT PRESSURE GRADIENT AND LOW-LEVEL JET WILL BE PRESENT. WIND GUSTS OF 45 TO 50 MPH ARE EXPECTED FROM LATE THIS MORNING THROUGH LATE TONIGHT.

The winds are forecast to be out of the Northwest, so once you are heading south in the bay, that will be off your starboard quarter. Waves for the lower bay are forecast to be 4 to 5 feet, so it will be a bit unusual for a normal bay transit!

Theron

You may have a very interesting trek down the bay today... when you say very windy, you aren't kidding... the National Weather Service has issued a Wind Advisory for the entire area:

>SNIP<

Theron

Wow :eek: I am sure the outer decks might be closed. . .:confused:

This should be fun !;)

Radio

Hi Radio:) I have never had the pleasure of meeting you "live" but I am looking forward to reading your report about my favorite ship:D:D

I know you are a very well liked member of this site and have been doing these type of reports for a very long time.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and I do hope you have a wonderful time:)

Hello Radio,

I love your live reports and I am very interested in this report. We will be on the Mercury in Oct. for the Panama Canal trip that will end in Baltimore (also my favorite cruise port).

I will be very interested in your reports on the the Captain's Club benefits.

Have a great cruise.

Patti

Hello Radio,

I love your live reports and I am very interested in this report. We will be on the Mercury in Oct. for the Panama Canal trip that will end in Baltimore (also my favorite cruise port).

I will be very interested in your reports on the the Captain's Club benefits.

Have a great cruise.

Patti

Hi Patti:) if you have specific questions I know many of us have sailed

since the new perks have gone into effect.:D

Radio- Thank you for your upcoming posts and photos. I will be looking for them everyday. We are going on the next trip (1/11) and am interested in your observations. We were on the Galaxy several years ago and loved the service, food and particularly that size ship.

Ok,did I miss something about the dining venues? What is the Select dining you will be signing up for. If anyone else knows the answer to the question that would be great since Radio is otherwise occupied at the moment.

Thanks! Have a great cruise!

Sandy

Hello everyone ! I made it onboard by about 12 Noon. I arrived at Cruise Maryland at about 1045AM, and made it through Security, and Check In very quickly. There were not many passengers in the Terminal.

I was told that the previous passengers have not finished debarkation at that time that I checked in.

I met several of the people from our Cruise Critic Roll Call while I was waiting, so the time went very quickly. I was able to get Priority Check In and Embarkation, so when they started boarding, I was able to get on the ship very quick !

The gangway was closed due to wind, so we came on board at the lowest Deck. It was very cold, but an enclosure was provided to keep off some of the wind.

I dropped my stuff off in the Cabin, and walked around to grab a bite to eat, and a little coffee. My Cabin is very nice, and is bigger than I thought it would be. When I booked this cruise in November, there were no Balcony cabins available. I booked an Ocean View cabin on Vista Deck (Deck 9)

I was embarrassed that I didn’t realize that Celebrity Select Dining was not available on Mercury (yet). I did switch to Early seating, so that will be fine. The Staff kept apologizing that Select Dining will not be available until next month. . . They said they were sorry many times. No worries. I think I may just want to get some Sushi tonight though.

The Muster drill is at 415, and Sail Away is at 5PM. Here are a few pics of my arrival. More pics tonight from Mercury and sail away !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

My first glimpse of Mercury

A1.JPG

Cruise Maryland is an easy Terminal to navigate

A3.JPG

Outside of the Palm Springs Pool (AFT)

A14.JPG

Indoor Palm Springs Pool area

A13.JPG

LaPlaya Pool

A22.JPG

I have a lot to see this week !

A24.JPG

Hi Radio I have never had the pleasure of meeting you "live" but I am looking forward to reading your report about my favorite ship

I know you are a very well liked member of this site and have been doing these type of reports for a very long time.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and I do hope you have a wonderful time:)

Lois, :o I feel like we have met !

We have chatted many times;)

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

Lois, :o I feel like we have met !

We have chatted many times;)

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

You are welcome:)....love looking at the pictures:D

".....I dropped my stuff off in the Cabin, and walked around to grab a bite to eat, and a little coffee. My Cabin is very nice, and is bigger than I thought it would be. When I booked this cruise in November, there were no Balcony cabins available. I booked an Ocean View cabin on Vista Deck (Deck 9)............."

We have an Ocean-View cabin on Vista deck booked for our 1/23/10 cruise! Please take some pix of the cabin, and offer your opinion of same, and thanks! Bob & Debbie

Archived