Wifi on Voyager of the Seas

Jimbo

Is there a discounted package if you bring your own laptop compared to using their computer internet cafe? Anyone know the prices? and where are the hot spots on Voyager? besides in your cabin?

Jimbo:)

Prices are the same regardless if you use your own computer versus the ship's. $0.55/min with discount packages available if you buy in bulk. I don't remember the exact pricing, but it was somewhere in the vicinity of $0.40s/min for buying $20+ of Internet time in advance.

Cabin WiFi coverage was spotty (at least for me in the couple I tried it). Obviously good in the Library. Didn't try anywhere else.

I wouldn't call either of them fast. The move about the speed of the old 56k modems, maybe even slower. I printed my boarding pass from AA, and it took 15 minutes to get that accomplished. I did need to log into my email for number and passwords as well.

Just wanted to note that I could pick up a wireless signal in my Promenade cabin on Voyager Deck 7. I think it was because of the proximity to a hot spot. Had I not been centrally located like that I would have had to leave my cabin with my laptop and park myself at the library or in the Royal Promendade. I am pretty sure that Voyager does not have widespread wireless access in all cabins as other newer ships do. On Liberty, which DOES offer wireless in cabins, I was able to get a signal in my corner aft balcony, about as far from midship as you can get. The connections are still very slow and pricey. I usually budget at least $110 for the week on board to feed my internet obsession! That's two $55 packages, the most economical they offer.

Just wanted to note that I could pick up a wireless signal in my Promenade cabin on Voyager Deck 7. I think it was because of the proximity to a hot spot. Had I not been centrally located like that I would have had to leave my cabin with my laptop and park myself at the library or in the Royal Promendade. I am pretty sure that Voyager does not have widespread wireless access in all cabins as other newer ships do. On Liberty, which DOES offer wireless in cabins, I was able to get a signal in my corner aft balcony, about as far from midship as you can get. The connections are still very slow and pricey. I usually budget at least $110 for the week on board to feed my internet obsession! That's two $55 packages, the most economical they offer.

Thanks, I'm new to this laptop era, just got this netbook a few days ago. Just how do you get it? Do I have to go somewhere onboard to get the $55.00 package, do they do something to my netbook to get the signal to work to it?

Thanks, I'm new to this laptop era, just got this netbook a few days ago. Just how do you get it? Do I have to go somewhere onboard to get the $55.00 package, do they do something to my netbook to get the signal to work to it?

You have to create a username and password on one of the ship's computers, first. It will give you the option of pre-purchasing minutes at discount rates at that time.

Then you simply connect to the ship's WiFi from your laptop and when you open your browser it will present a login screen.

You have to create a username and password on one of the ship's computers, first. It will give you the option of pre-purchasing minutes at discount rates at that time.

Then you simply connect to the ship's WiFi from your laptop and when you open your browser it will present a login screen.

Don't remember that option(username and password) before when using the computers onboard. It was always just slide your card and then put in your cabin number to go online. I have used the pre-purchasing discount options though.

• 1 year later...

I have a question if you dont mind. I will be in cabin 8263 which is midship I beleive. Can you tell me what cabin on Deck 7 you were in. I am wanted to see if I may be able to pick up wifi from my cabin.

Thanks

To sign up for a package head to the libaray and sign in on one of their computers, very simple and on screen instructions will guide you. End result is a user name and password. If you cruise 2x in a month you can end up having to get a second user name (Christmas I was told my username, same as post T-day cruise was already in use...)

$0.65/min by the minute, goes down/min as you get a larger package.

If you sit at the end of the promenade in chairs looking out at it, most decks in that spot have connectivity, at least my computer picked up the signal. (Note different laptops have different antenas so one may connect where another will not.) One of the best spots is Pig and Wistle another is the Sports Bar. Crown Lounge is good as well.

Of note the speed for the internet is very slow...the more folks you see using it as you try to use it, the slower it gets as it is a shared signal for the whole ship.

Enjoy the cruise.

Archived