Laundry Service on the Noordam??

thumper860

When I was on the Noordam in November, the $20 laundry bag option was available, but for some reason I was only charged $12. Maybe they were running a special I didn't know about. Someone else on our roll call had the same thing happen to them.

This was the first time I used the laundry service, and it was wonderful. From now on I'm going to evaluate carefully what I pack in the way of clothes.

Roz

All of the ship's washing machines and dryers are the huge industrial sizes. The ship has a lot of laundry to do -- towels -- sheets -- tableclothes, etc.

Therefore the ships are not able to do "special" requests for clothes.

So if you are worried about sending out something to be washed and dried -- then don't do it.

I have several items that I hand wash myself and hang in the bathroom to dry.

I don't think I own any clothing that's supposed to be washed in hot water. It looks like I won't be using the laundry service on a Vista or Signature-class ship.

I used the service a few times on our 26 day Eurodam cruise last summer and I will not use it again. Granted, everything was ironed and folded, then packaged like a little gift, but the whites were no longer bright white and the colours were "off". They also seemed aged. I was able to use a brightener to restore them when we got home but they won't get a second chance with my clothes.

I will hand wash and use the clothesline in the cabin. I never put my shirts in a dryer at home so why would I want them done in a hot dryer while away? For a cruise up to 14 days I can pack enough that I would not need to do laundry anyway. A longer cruise is a problem.

On the other hand the pressing service is excellent and you can purchase a package at the front desk on the first day.

How big are these laundry bags?

Do they have washer and dryers that you can use yourself?

Mal NZ

These ships DO NOT have self service laundry rooms where you can do your own launndry: Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Eurodam.

All the other ships have self service laudry rooms that have washers and dryers and ironing board and irons.

I was apprehensive about the hot water thing, but took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. Everything I gave them - undies, bras, nightie, capris, tops, t-shirts, socks, etc. - was laundered perfectly and showed no signs of fading or shrinkage.

Roz

Thanks for the information, most of our stuff would be our casual shorts, tops, etc and we will have two girls with us aged 7 and 8 , so there stuff also.

The size of the laundry bag - would it fit about a 'load' of washing in?

In your cabin, do you have a clothes line in the bathroom, or do you bring your own?

We have been on the Veendam, and that ship had a laundry, but it was very hard to get to use it, only if you wanted to wait in line:mad:

Thanks

Mal NZ

In your cabin, do you have a clothes line in the bathroom, or do you bring your own?

Every cabin has a clothesline in the tub or shower. So, hand-washing clothes is always an option, undesirable though it may be.

I sent daytime clothes out on my recent Rotterdam cruise. My things came back nicely done. I would never send my smart casual evening clothes out, but I was satisfied with the job done on the daywear.

Archived