Royal Caribbeal Share Owners

WOW! Cut the OP a break! Venting isn't a bad thing...And he has some valid points - agree with him or not.

This is old news.

We all knew about the elimination of combining benefits way before 1/1/09 and all voiced our displeasure either by letter, emails or phone calls........and it did not change a thing. Why should emailing now make a difference?

You get a stock because you believe the stock will go up in price, and/or you get a nice dividend. I've got a bit over 1300 shares now. Shares bought as high as $28 and as low as $8 per share. RCCL has been a good investment for me. I think they should have their annual stockholder meeting at sea on the Oasis..but Im just dreaming! If you buy the stock just to get an onboard credit, that is not investing, that looking for perks. Let the price to go $100 per share and everyone will be happy.

Wow, I never realized I am an owner. I have 100 shares, just enough to get the discount, what is my percentage. I am bad at math, need help. To the OP, what other privileges am I entitled to. I am excited.
Why, the Owner's Suite, of course! I'm surprised you weren't aware of that.

;)

This is old news.

We all knew about the elimination of combining benefits way before 1/1/09 and all voiced our displeasure either by letter, emails or phone calls........and it did not change a thing. Why should emailing now make a difference?

Not saying that it isn't old news...Just to cut the OP some slack!

;)

Gee........I wasn't aware of that! Are you sure that a stockholder is not entitled to the Stockholders suite? You can't miss the suite......it shrinks or grows at any given time........;):o

If you want running water...........check with the Guest Relations desk!:D

Rick

Well said. We can't have it both ways.

Too bad. Princess lets you have it both ways - just as RCI was eliminating combinability, Princess started letting you combine the onboard booking or FCC (Next Cruise on Princess) with the shareholder credit.

Owner of Stock??? ... Welcome to the club of people who've lost money in the market recently.

I bet most people have made money "recently.":)

Last July i booked A "complimentary" cruise through Club Royale(just had to pay taxes and port charges) and i still got my shareholder OBC. I just sent RCL shareholder services my reservation # and asked for the credir and I got it.:)

I recently finished writting several e-mails to RCCL Corporate because they keep diluting/eliminating our benefits. As an owner of RCCL it upsets me to see them eliminate our owners benerit if we get any other benefit with RCCL. Specifically, the owners credit is not combinable with any other RCCL benefit (e.g. Diamond balcony discount, future cruise booked on board). I also informed them that I was not impressed with the corporate leadership which has run the stock into the ground.

Are there any other owners out there who are fed up with our employes telling us owners what to do?

I cant find the form on RCCL website to apply form my stock holders OBC. Can you help me, Thanks.

;)

I am appalled that I didn't think of that, my heartfelt thanks.We are leaving this Sunday 1/10 do you think it is too late to get the people that paid for the owners suite kicked out so we,as owners,can have it?:rolleyes:

When I wrote an e mail ( months ago) to voice a concern I was told that the benefits were never intended to be combined but the rules had not been enforced over the years. So in effect – they were not “taking away benefits” but were enforcing the rules that had been established years ago.

As one who had benefited from booking on board, stockholder credit, balcony discount and sometimes a coupon, the “rules enforcement” really hit my pocketbook.

M

I bought the stock at $6. A week later it went down to $5, but now its hovering around $25. I made my money, the OBC was an ADDED perk to making money with their stock, not the reason i bought it in the first place. Anyone who buys it JUST for the OBC needs some serious financial advice from a professional!

WOW! Cut the OP a break! Venting isn't a bad thing...And he has some valid points - agree with him or not.

I agree but its the usual cheerleaders who jump on anyone who dare to speak out at the management of the company and the loss of perks.

Good luck with rasing your objections.

jj.....

I can understand the OP's frustration. Many people purchase RCCL stock for the "perks" and now there is none. I agree with the poster on purchasing Carnival. They still have the OBC program. There are way too many rules with RCCL now with things not being combinable. It's just not worth the investment. Hope the OP can unload their shares in the future and break even.

I forgot how many smart alec people are on this board until I read this thread - "old news", laughing about the term "owner". It serves no purpose other than showing one can be obnoxious.

I forgot how many smart alec people are on this board until I read this thread - "old news", laughing about the term "owner". It serves no purpose other than showing one can be obnoxious.

I think that gracious people outnumber the few obnoxious ones.

P.S. My Dad use to use the phrase "part owner of a company" when he held stocks. He was a gentleman of whom I was very proud.

Regarding old news, I thought we were all suppose to be here to help one another, whether one is aware of changes or not. Very sad.

Many people purchase RCCL stock for the "perks" and now there is none.

Since they still provide OBC for holding 100 shares then clearly there is a perk.

However, you can make or lose from the shares more than many would get from OBC so it is not sensible to only purchase it for the perks.

I can understand the OP's frustration. Many people purchase RCCL stock for the "perks" and now there is none...

That really isn't true. The OBC is still available to shareholders but it can't be combined with other OBCs. If you aren't eligible for other OBCs, you can opt to take the shareholder's OBC. If you are eligible for the shareholders OBC or others, you need to decide which one is most advantageous to you. Discounts offered by most other businesses, not only cruise lines, are not combinable and while RCI previously allowed guests to pile discount upon discount, the difficult economic times convinced them that this was not a practice that was good for their bottom line. We can regret that they came to that conclusion, but at least we should acknowledge that their action was pretty much inevitable and justifiable. They aren't required to show us their "love" but they do have a fiscal responsibility to operate their business in such a way as to improve their chances at achieving profitability. As cruise passengers, we don't have to like this action, but as stock holders we have to realize that they had a legitimate reason for making this change.:rolleyes:

I can understand the OP's frustration. Many people purchase RCCL stock for the "perks" and now there is none. I agree with the poster on purchasing Carnival. They still have the OBC program. There are way too many rules with RCCL now with things not being combinable. It's just not worth the investment. Hope the OP can unload their shares in the future and break even.

Come on people a few of us are just having fun, lighten up. We are harmless, sometimes a little sarcastic, but harmless. LOL:D

Archived