Princess Cays open?

Iceman02

Thanks to another CC'er I just checked my itineray for Jan22 Caribb Princess and it shows a change back to Princess Cay from San Juan. Have not received any other info from Princess. Anyone know if this is accurate and not just a glitch. Would certainly rather enjoy a beach day in the sun than an evening in San Juan.

Princess Cays was indeed listed in our itinerary. Never checked this part of our cruise personalizer before so I couldn't tell you whether that was there before today.

But if you go "Plan Your Voyage" on Princess.com and select the Caribbean itinerary in Jan, you won't see Princess Cays listed.

If anyone has called Princess, please let us know. Thanks.

I am on the Caribbean Princess sailing tomorrow 1/14/05. After reading the above, I checked the personalizer and see that we will also be going to Princess Cays on Friday. Personalizer originally had San Juan in the itinerary. Good news for us we really liked Princess Cays on a previous cruise.

This is great news!

There's been so much back & forth on this topic that a part of me can hardly believe it's true until someone comes back and says they actually stepped foot on the island!

Since this will be the first time I'll be going to Princess Cays, what kind of stuff should I know before I go?

I know soda cards are not usable on the Cays, do we have to buy all our refreshments/foods on the Cays? What is free and what is not? We are travelling with 4 small children (5, 3, 2.5, 10M) and we need to be prepared!

Are there tents/shades available? Do we have to rent it or reserve it ahead of time?

TIA.

Hi, Nancy! I'm looking forward to the Princess Cay stop. I hope that the original reservations for a cabana that we made will still hold. While I'm looking forward to the beach, I'm still also looking forward to a bit of shade. I'd never been to Nassau, but I'm quite pleased to have the day at leisure in PC.

See you on board!

Robin

I hope it's true, I've checked the cruise personalizer and now see that for our sailing Jan 29/05 that Princess Cays is indeed back on the itinerary. Hopefully if this is true ther were able to get it back in good shape, I would hate to see that all the beautiful plants and trees are all severely damaged or gone....:( .

I have a client on the Caribbean Princess sailing today, Wed received a fax from Princess saying they were going to San Juan instead of Princess Cays, yesterday received a fax saying they were going to Princess Cays!!;)

Hopefully if this is true ther were able to get it back in good shape, I would hate to see that all the beautiful plants and trees are all severely damaged or gone....:( .

I have no doubt all the palm trees are newly planted. Enjoy your cruise!

Very cool news!!!! You see dis: Ever-ting cooooooool mon!!!! :D

This makes me happy...I didn't want to go to San Juan or Nassau and I really wanted the Cay for my daughter who has a dream about swimming in the Bahamas...now her dream comes true!

I am booked for the 1/28 sailing on the Sun and scheduled for the stop at Princess Cays for Feb. 6. I have been watching the personaliser and it never did change to anything else...it has always read Princess Cays and so I was watching these threads closely for news, and just planning for a "mystery" port.

Hope it works out for everyone! :)

Archived