Ice Buckets?

Yes the cabins have Ice buckets some people bring ice chest on to keep multiple beverages cold that they have brought on board and extra ice for their drinks they are making:D

Yes, but they are quite small. Your room steward will get ice for you in the morning and evening and will be happy to fill your soft-sided cooler if you prefer. Some folks have posted that now stewards only do ice once a day. We always ask for morning and evening and have never had a problem.

Yes, but they are quite small. Your room steward will get ice for you in the morning and evening and will be happy to fill your soft-sided cooler if you prefer. Some folks have posted that now stewards only do ice once a day. We always ask for morning and evening and have never had a problem.

This has been our experience as well.

One thing that I have observed on all ships that I have cruised on. I have seen the room stewards take the ice bucket from the room and place them on a cart to go and fill them. Subsequently they return an ice bucket to your cabin, but IT IS NOT NECESSARILY THE ONE THAT THEY TOOK FROM YOUR ROOM!!

They always stress hand washing and such on the cruise as a disease prevention measure, yet they cross contaminate the cabins with ice buckets that have been used for various purposes in other cabins. Further, I wonder if they are washed between cruises. I have even seen people pour the melted water from an ice bucket and drink it (which I guess, if you use the ice from a bucket is not much dofferent.)

I am in favor of a small personal ice chest/collapsible bag for our ice.

Hypo

Given how compulsive they are about cleaning on ships - how do you know they don't return all new ice buckets to the rooms when they fill them? I've never seen them actually fill them - so I don't know.

One thing that I have observed on all ships that I have cruised on. I have seen the room stewards take the ice bucket from the room and place them on a cart to go and fill them. Subsequently they return an ice bucket to your cabin, but IT IS NOT NECESSARILY THE ONE THAT THEY TOOK FROM YOUR ROOM!!

They always stress hand washing and such on the cruise as a disease prevention measure, yet they cross contaminate the cabins with ice buckets that have been used for various purposes in other cabins. Further, I wonder if they are washed between cruises. I have even seen people pour the melted water from an ice bucket and drink it (which I guess, if you use the ice from a bucket is not much dofferent.)

Hypo

Hypo

I have to say - ick! But on the other hand, what assurance do you have the the ice delivered to your personal ice chest has not been delivered to said chest from one of the afore mentioned "used" ice buckets? :D

Archived