Rotterdam Retreat Pictures

pipedreams62

When they built the Rotterdam, they took the extra time and expense to build twin funnels, now they're so cheap they put up a canvas tent instead of deck space.:confused::(. I wonder how far aft you have to go to fully see the TV screen too.:confused:

I noticed all the lounge chairs packed in the aft promenade area. That used to be a nice quiet spot, not anymore I guess.:(

Welcome back pipedreams, thanks for the posts.:cool:

Mark....

It is nice that the ROTTERDAM moved the aft pool to the Navigation Deck. Too bad they just didn't raise the aft pool up and to blazes with the bloody retreat. I just hope HAL does not screw up the rest of the fleet with this trite folishness.

Fait Accompli

Rich

Sure looks that way on the four "Essus" and Rotterdam! Money talks and male bovine poop walks.

Hey, maybe HAL did a study and discovered that the current Seaview pool, as we know it, is grossly underused, so they went with this new 'wading' concept + Slice + big screen

Sure looks that way on the four "Essus" and Rotterdam! Money talks and male bovine poop walks.

Hey, maybe HAL did a study and discovered that the current Seaview pool, as we know it, is grossly underused, so they went with this new 'wading' concept + Slice + big screen

They do appear to be underused at times. (Veendam and Ryndam my experiences). IMO a nice Lido Pool Bar addition to the aft pool area would have brought in good revenue without tearing up the a$$ end of a beautiful ship(s).

Rich

Great pictures Pipedreams, thanks for posting them. The Retreat area looks about the same as the Veendam. At least they have improved the look of the way they did the attachment, better then the Veendam's bad lipo suction look. Still not all that actractive though but who ever said the aft end had to look good, right?

They do appear to be underused at times. (Veendam and Ryndam my experiences). IMO a nice Lido Pool Bar addition to the aft pool area would have brought in good revenue without tearing up the a$$ end of a beautiful ship(s).

Rich

Yeah, copy that! They sure did not improve the a$$-end of Veendam and even though Rotterdam is not as bad looking, she still had a better rear end before this latest dry-dock

Archived