Island Marketing / Nohoch Kay Beach Club

fireman3632

Just wanted to make sure I'm reading this correctly, as we're booked at Nohoch in October. You get off the ship, and taxi stands are easily found, but they don't drop you at the actual beach club - they drop you TEN BLOCKS away? Tell me I'm misreading, because that seems crazy to me.

Just wanted to make sure I'm reading this correctly, as we're booked at Nohoch in October. You get off the ship, and taxi stands are easily found, but they don't drop you at the actual beach club - they drop you TEN BLOCKS away? Tell me I'm misreading, because that seems crazy to me.

I would like to know also as my father uses a walker most of the time

Unfortunately, unless they've changed things since January, he'll have to walk from out of the port area about a 1/4 mile to the taxi stand. Not bad for most of us, but very long with a walker. :( A yellow taxi can take you down to Nohoch kay. But the trolley at the pier only gets you to the shopping area IIRC. You'll have to walk from the shopping area to the gate then down to the taxi stand. More recent cruisers may have noticed or used other options.

How do you get there? We have made reservations and specifically said we want to go to Nohoch Kay. After you step off the Dream where would we go?

Also is the beach nice for swimming?

Thanks!

You need to walk through the pier area, past the big swimming pool and look for the taxi stand. We bought tickets for this big old bus that took us on the 10 minute ride. I believe it was $3 or $4 per person. Take it to the last stop and then walk maybe 1/4 mile until you see the sign for Nohoch Kay.

There are no waves, some sea grass in some areas, but the water is crystal clear and awesome.

You dont have to walk 10 blocks. We took the bus from the taxi stand to the last stop in town. It was maybe a 1/4 mile walk, if that.

The pier itself is very long. It was a good 5-10 minute walk from the end of the pier to the little port village. From there another 5 minute walk to the taxi stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Nohoch Kay is a great place to spend the day. Ten of us were there last week and were treated like royalty. It felt like I was visiting with friends, if you need anything, just ask. My boys, 23, 20 and 17 had a great time there. We used the canoes and had plenty to eat and drink. We bought the day pass through the company mentioned on this link. Unfortunately, we ran out of time, having too much fun, and did not get a chance to have a massage with Tracy who I might add was very nice and prices were very reasonable. If we get back to Costa Maya we will definitely be going there again!

Nohoch Kay is a great place to spend the day. Ten of us were there last week and were treated like royalty. It felt like I was visiting with friends, if you need anything, just ask. My boys, 23, 20 and 17 had a great time there. We used the canoes and had plenty to eat and drink. We bought the day pass through the company mentioned on this link. Unfortunately, we ran out of time, having too much fun, and did not get a chance to have a massage with Tracy who I might add was very nice and prices were very reasonable. If we get back to Costa Maya we will definitely be going there again!

You are right about this place! We loved it! Jaime, Tracy and our server Jeff were all fantastic and quick to help!

~Intrepid <-- wanna go back

• 2 weeks later...

If someone gets a chance to post the menu that would be great. We have been to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and really enjoyed it, and we have been to Costa Maya a few times and ordered lobster, fajitas, and the guacamole there is great, but we have not been to this AI. I would love to see what's included.

• 3 weeks later...

We've done Nachi Cocom and also Nohoch kay, we loved both, both are very different.

Nachi is larger and has a pool as well and Nohoch is more intimate and I think they only take 30-40 people and thats why they can give such special treatment.

We were so happy to have gotten a reservation as they were full the day we were there and they were turning people away that weren't reserved, but even at full capacity, it wasn't at all crowded, I think they just like to keep the numbers low to make it more enjoyable and it worked:-)

Out of curiosity, are there lockers at Nohoch Cay?

No lockers at Nohoch Kay, but really not necessary. The servers will keep an eye on your stuff, plus there are very few people there. In addition you can see your stuff from nearly anywhere.

~Intrepid <-- wishes he was back

Just returned 2 days ago from the Oasis which stopped in Costa Maya. My wife loved the hour-long massage, and our kids loved the attention they git as well. As for the taxis, you want to pay no more than $2 per person. You can do this by getting in a YELLOW taxi. 99% of the taxi-looking people will try and tell you that you must take a shuttle bus to Nohochkay and then you can get a yellow taxi back to the ship, but that is just so that you pay more. I was adamant about wanting a yellow taxi because I did not want to pay more than $2 per person and eventually one of the guys in a shuttle bus/van agreed to take us for $2 / person. Dropped us off right at the AI. The only walking is the long walk from the ship down the pier and through the shops near the salt-water pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from my cruise and wanted to post my thoughts on Nohoch Kay. It was fabulous!!! :D Himie (the manager) greeted me by name upon arrival, immediately sat us down and poured us cocktails. We were the first to arrive, so we had the place to ourselves briefly. Other staff included Tracy (who does the beachside massages), servers Jeff, Betty and Nacho, and the kitchen staff. They could not have been more welcoming or accommodating, and everyone spoke english. My dad described it like visiting the home of old friends, who were very attentive to your every need. They do limit themselves to 40 guests, so it's small, but I think that just adds to the atmosphere. Included in the $40 pricetag was unlimited food & beverage, unlimited use of the kayaks, hobie cats, and rafts, and lounge chairs under palapas. Wonderful place - I highly recommend it!

We just returned from a trip to Costa Maya. We went to Nohoch Kay Beach Club and had a terrific day. Himie was just wonderful. All his staff are tops!! The food and drink are just great. Himie knows how to run a great beach club. We will be back. John & Priscilla

Trio.jpg.69397cba23c11e824fa7a686bedfda5b.jpg

They serve Corona brand beers, and have a basic full bar selection. I drank pina coladas all day, one of my party drank margaritas, and we had some tequila shots. I believe the massages were $20 for half an hour, $35 for an hour, but I could be off on that. They were definitely cheap though.

• 4 months later...

This place was absolutely fabulous. The employees were so nice, the catamarans were great with very experienced captains, the food at the restaurant was one of the best meals we had all week--better than our cruise ship. I had the sauteed shrimp that was excellent, and it was very reasonable. Our experience on Costa Maya was so nice because of this place.

Archived