What is your favorite beach on Labadee? New maps available yet?

nenner1

Just curious what everyone's favorite beach is....

Obviously there have been some recent changes with Hideaway Beach going away to make the new dock and Barefoot Beach now restricted to suite guests only. Taking those away what is now the best spot?

I am most interested in finding an area with sandy bottom beaches (as much as is possible), and as least crowded as possible. Nearby facilities and hammocks would be a plus.

I am leaning towards Adventure Beach- that is the one the zip lines go over, right? Used to be Dragon's Tail Beach? (Not sure, my map of Labadee is old... pre-pier construction)

I guess the other options are Columbus and Nellies. Columbus is where the Aqua Park is and since we don't necessarily plan on using those facilities and I've read it is crowded, I am not leaning to it as a first choice. I haven't heard much commentary here on Nellie's beach. How is it? (Or is it called something else now? LOL)

Does anyone have a new Labadee map that shows the current beach configuration?

Also would love tips, tricks, hidden gems, etc. All opinions welcome!

Thanks!! :)

I had no idea there were names for different areas at Labadee.

I was just going to say "way down at the far end where the beach sort of stops."

There are hammocks, nice places to lounge around in the sun, the water and view are beautiful, and it's usually the least crowded. It IS a bit of a hike to get lunch or go to the restroom, though.

Thanks for the replies! :)

We were looking at a Google maps satellite image of Labadee last night- it is obviously outated (prior to dock construction) but it gives a pretty clear overview of where the beaches are located. I also came across a slightly better (but still old) map which indicates there is no swimming on (what I suspect is) the Adventure Beach area. I still have not seen any sort of map that calls that side of the island "Adventure Beach" but that is the Dragon's Point side if I am informed correctly. ;)

Nellie's Beach looks small but very nice. Hideaway is gone (dock is there) and Barefoot is Suite only so If you are steerage and want to swim I think it is Columbus or Nellie's.

This is the old map I was looking at if anyone is curious...I would still love to see an accurate new one! :cool:

labadeemapold.jpg

is the new home to the beach cabanas. when we were there in october, we had the good fortune to have the use of one of these for the day. very nice, having a place to keep your 'stuff' and lounge chairs.

we were told that once the new pier is done, the cabanas will be for rent.

So, unless you're a suite guest, there's no quiet swimming beach? Columbus Cove is crazy, Barefoot is suites, and the beach on the otherside is crowded and the water can be rough. Hideaway was our favorite - we would bring inflatable chairs and just sit in the water. I don't suppose they have gotten ride of the ugly tender dock? I hate the idea that our favorite stop may have been ruined for us.

Our fave was Barefoot...now off limits to all but suite guests. Fortunately we were there to enjoy it in early Oct., when the new cabanas were free for the taking. I am really unhappy about this beach being denied to all other pax. I don't mind suite pax getting perks, and think they should for the prices they pay. But it should not be at the expense of taking something away from all other pax who have been accustomed to having access...like the reserved areas at the pool, theater and ice rink. And Barefoot Beach!

I'm with you...our favorite beach has been lost to the new pier.:mad:
Yeah, I liked Hideaway best too, but I can live with the idea that it's lost because it was the best spot for a new pier. But I'm angry that the second-best beach -- Barefoot -- has been taken away from the majority of the passengers.

Archived