Breakfast on disembarkation day

DISNEY GIRL

Good morning folks - I am quite horrified to read that disembarkation on the Windsurf in Barbados is around 8am!!! My question is - do they serve breakfast on board before disembarkation or are you left to fend for yourselves in Bridgetown on the day??

Thanks

Sandy

Just as a guide, my disembarkation started at 8:30 November 22. According to my last daily newspaper, continental breakfast was served 6-9 in Compass Rose, and regular breakfast 7-9 in the Verandah. There was no room service.

Good morning folks - I am quite horrified to read that disembarkation on the Windsurf in Barbados is around 8am!!! My question is - do they serve breakfast on board before disembarkation or are you left to fend for yourselves in Bridgetown on the day??

Thanks

Sandy

We usually had the Continental breakfast daily in Compass Rose. Both a full breakfast and the Continental were offered and the hours were adjusted for disembarkation day so that guests were well taken care of.

Immigration will be taken care of on-board with the Barbadian authorities in a painless process. Don't forget to retreive your passport the night before (the process starts very early depending on your flight time).

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to make the 6:30 am AA flight to JFK?

First of all, arrival time in Barbados could be delayed by weather, mechanical problems, etc. Secondly, I see no possible way the ship will even be cleared by the officials and Immigration handled (on board) in time. Thirdly, add in the transit to the airport and check-in process for an international flight and the earliest "comfortable" departure time I would suggest would be noon. I would even look at perhaps a little later to be on the safe side. We took the combo island tour/lunch/airport transfer offered by Wind Star and it was very enjoyable - and relaxing.

My flight from Barbados to PHL left at 5pm. I found out the Hilton and Accra beach both sell day passes for $25 p/p, which gets you the use of their facilities for the day. Accra Beach Hotel then allows the use of a hospitality suite, with towels and wash cloths, to shower and change. The Hilton gave you towels, but you had to shower in a locker room by the pool. There was no privacy there. Also, by Accra Beach there are restaurants nearby to have lunch and the St. Lawrence Gap area is nearby.

Archived