Food on Disney Cruise

DimSum

Hi

I've never been on a Disney Cruise and DH is inquiring about the quality of the food onboard the ship. I assume there is a huge children's menu but how about the adult menu? Is the food comparable to other cruiselines?

TIA

We did DCL in May and found the quality of the food to be quite good. Disney realizes that although it caters to children, its the parents that pay the bills and they have to be impressed enough to come back.

We also did not care for the food in the main dining room. Found the quality left much to be desired as compared to a previous Disney cruise and also compared to our findings on several other lines. Food is subjective but we were very disappointed on our Nov. 29 cruise on the Wonder. Loved the sandwich grill by the childrens pool, Goofys quick take away, found the buffet quality and selection limited, area crowded, and many choices needing freshening and replenishing. Just our $.02 worth. cheers

You can google for it somewhere, but there are copies of the menu out there. Disneys site might even have them I know the Palo menu is on there. Compared to some of the other cruise lines the food isn't as rich (no good steaks or lobsters). But what they offer is still pretty yummy :) My fav is actually the shrimp when I first got on board at that buffet. Dunno if its the same every time but I'd assume so?

Satisfaction with the dinning experience is one of the most subjective subjects in traveling.

Having traveled on almost all level cruises (except the low end), I found Disney to be very acceptable in the main dinning rooms and very good in Palo. It is not Silversea/Seabourn dinning but it is very comparable to Holland America/Celebrity. Disney did not get a top rating (#2) without a good dinning room.

We enjoyed the food on the Magic this past May and found the kitchen crew to be very accomodating to any special requests(e.g. no sauce on my meat/poultry). There is a kids menu but they can order off the adult menu if they like...by the 4th night my 10 y.o. ds was tired of kids food and wanted a steak...they gave him one! The buffet was ok and the food by the pools was great! Desserts were delish!

We enjoyed the food on the Magic this past May and found the kitchen crew to be very accomodating to any special requests(e.g. no sauce on my meat/poultry). There is a kids menu but they can order off the adult menu if they like...by the 4th night my 10 y.o. ds was tired of kids food and wanted a steak...they gave him one! The buffet was ok and the food by the pools was great! Desserts were delish!

Adults can also ask for and order off the kids menu...we learned this from our table mates last cruise and sometimes there's some yummier looking stuff on the kids menu!

Surprisingly, the kids' selections are not all that many. There are about four for each meal.

We enjoyed the food in the various dining rooms. Was it fantastic, no, but it was certainly good or better. We had some good dinners and some better than good. I had an appetizer that sounded better than it was, but the waiter brought me some soup I had not ordered, and he opined that it was going to change my life. He was right, it was a fantastic, cold, fruit soup.

The first lunch in the buffet was OK, but (along the same line) there was some strawberry/something else soup of which I had extras. Wish there were more of that served at another meal.

Hi

I've never been on a Disney Cruise and DH is inquiring about the quality of the food onboard the ship. I assume there is a huge children's menu but how about the adult menu? Is the food comparable to other cruiselines?

TIA

Agreed to Liketraveling , the foods at Palo's are very good!...

Archived