Wine Policy

dblane

Can you bring any wine on board when you first come on? Like the two bottles you can bring on per stateroom on Celebrity.

If it's a bottle of wine you want when you get onboard..Go on RCCL website to Deals & Gear then click on Gifts & Gear and you can order it to be in your cabin when you arrive along with wine glasses and the coveted RCCL corkscrew...Our TA always does this as a gift for us with chocolate covered strawberries but you can order it for yourself...Yummy..:p

We just got back from our one week E. Caribbean cruise on the Freedom today. I have never tried to bring my own wine aboard, always followed the rules, and we ordered two bottles before the cruise online to be in the stateroom when we arrived. On other ships this has always worked. Not this time...

So, at 2 pm I called Guest Services about the missing wine. They said it would be delivered that afternoon, but later. At 3 pm I went to Guest Services, stood in line, and politely inquired about my 2 bottles of wine. The first answer was that it would be in the stateroom that evening after we returned from dinner. That won't do--we are having friends join us for a sailaway party in our cabin on our balcony. Who do I call to get this taken care of? Then, Guest Services reluctantly agreed to call the Bar Manager for me, he looked up my account and saw that I had ordered wine and spoke with the manager. He said my wine would be delivered within an hour. At 4 o'clock, no wine. I call again, and get another Guest Services rep. She says she will call to check and call me back. We go to the lifeboat drill, return, no wine. My husband calls and is not very nice. He tells the G.S. rep that we will be down in 10 minutes to speak to her and her supervisor. She promises she will check and call us back. Our guests arrive at 5 pm. No wine. She calls back and says that it is on its way. At 6 pm, no wine. We call again. Sorry, there is nothing else they can do, but apologize. We set sail, without wine, and at 6pm our guests leave. Five minutes later, a knock on the door. Our next door neighbors have just returned to their cabin,and there are two bottles of wine in their cabin, could they be ours? They are. They had been in their cabin since they arrived. They were from Denmark and spoke English well, but apologized that they hadn't realized that the wine was not for them until they read the card that came with the wine very carefully. How honest of them to bring us the wine! We called our friends, they came back, we each had a glass before dinner in our cabin.

I called Guest Services to report the appearance of the missing wine so they could make a note of it to the Bar Manager. They promised to report it, and they might have but we have yet to hear a word of apology from anyone other than the poor G.S. rep who had to talk to us all afternoon.

Then, we get to dinner, ready to get our first bottle of wine on our pre-purchased wine package. Sorry, the asst waiter says, their wine stock is low and they cannot promise to deliver all 7 bottles during the week because they might run out. They will refund our money and we can buy it by the bottle (forget the 25% discount we got with the package). I said no, so then the waiter explained it this time. I said no. The head waiter came to our table. I said no. We finally got our sticker for my sea pass card for our wine package. The head waiter smiled and said he was glad we insisted and he conveyed that to the Bar Manager. They had every bottle of wine we ordered in stock and we got all 7 bottles in our package. The head waiter said he was told they were doing away with the wine & dine package because it wasn't profitable and they did not offer it for purchase onboard at this sailing.

I know this was a long post, and that I am venting my frustration. I hope this was an isolated situation. I understand that mistakes can happen. I cannot understand why no one would give us the customer service of hearing our problem and helping us solve it. For the very first time, we used the phrase "we are diamond plus members..." I am not sure that had any impact at all.

We really enjoyed the cruise, despite this incident and the cool weather. I just wonder what is going on with Royal Caribbean and their customer service...

Thanks for listening.

Promisekeeper--How very frustrating for you, I hope we have better service than you did. I ordered two bottles to be delivered to our stateroom. I will probably only order by the glass at dinner.

MangoTango-- Report back after your cruise if you would. Thanks.

Ashland-- Will wine glasses be delivered automatically or will we have to ask for them?

Promisekeeper--How very frustrating for you, I hope we have better service than you did. I ordered two bottles to be delivered to our stateroom. I will probably only order by the glass at dinner.

MangoTango-- Report back after your cruise if you would. Thanks.

Ashland-- Will wine glasses be delivered automatically or will we have to ask for them?

Wine glasses and a corkscrew should acompany your wine!

I hope this doesn't happen to us on our cruise the end of this month. :eek: We're buying the Gold Wine and Dine package when we embark.

Somebody reported from Mariner in December that the program is changing this month, so you may be SOL.

But something tells me that they won't update the website at the same time that they change the program, so more people will pre-purchase the package and run into the same problem as promisekeeper (Hi, Annette, see you soon!).:rolleyes:

Archived