Drink Tickets

falfal2k2

As a xmas gift, we received a bunch of drink tickets. We didn't receive the actual tickets, just an email confirmation that they were purchased.

Our cruise isn't until March - will they be sending the tickets to us before or will they just be in our room when we board? It makes me nervous that all I have is a printed confirmation!

I never had them in the cabin--always at dinner the first night.

IF towards the end of your meal you still didnt receive them--ask your waiter to see the hostess to find out where they are

It depends on the preference when they were ordered!

I ordered them for my DH's birthday, and asked for them to be delivered to the cabin... since she doesn't always go to dinner... The Room Steward brought them to her and asked her to sign for them...

Then I had some delivered to the table for my Mom's birthday... Same ship -- just how I marked the preference...

• 2 weeks later...
What are the drink tickets good for? Any drink? or just the drink of the day?

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=MostPopularItems&pid=BAR

drink coupons are good for any drink that cost 5.25 which leaves out most of the drink menu. Those DOD cost almost 8 bucks

What are the drink tickets good for? Any drink? or just the drink of the day?

We had two packs of coupons given to us for Christmas and the tickets were delivered to our room but we got them after our first dinner not as soon as we boarded the ship.

I used four to buy a bottle of wine at dinner one night. I used the rest to get tropical drinks - not the DOD though - and I never had to pay for any difference - at least that's what one bartender told me, and I don't recall seeing it on my charges - but then again, not sure I read it over that closely LOL

Question on buying drink tickets....Say i plan a cruise a year out in advance....if i wanted to buy a few drink tickets each month can i do that and save them till time for the cruise. that would definitely help with the cost

Yes, you can buy your drink coupons in advance. They come in a sheet of FOUR tickets. If any are left over, you can use them on your next Carnival cruise. I didn't use one set on my Fantasy cruise last August, so I will be using them on my upcoming Spirit cruise. As someone above mentioned- it helps to decrease your end bill.

Let me make sure I understand this...

Drinks tickets are worth up to $5.25 each. If a beer costs $5.00, plus 15% gratuity, that brings the cost of the beer to $5.75. So, I will have to hand the bartender a ticket and my card so he can charge me the $.50 difference between the gross cost of the beer and the value of the ticket? Am I understanding this correctly?

That is correct. BUT, I found that when I tip the bartender when the drink is delivered ----- the next time he may "forget" to charge me the difference. :D Happened more than once and on more than one ship.

Drinks tickets are worth up to $5.25 each. If a beer costs $5.00, plus 15% gratuity, that brings the cost of the beer to $5.75. So, I will have to hand the bartender a ticket and my card so he can charge me the $.50 difference between the gross cost of the beer and the value of the ticket? Am I understanding this correctly?

Technically yes the "balance" would be charged to your S&S, but in reality many (I won't say most because I tend to stick with just 1 or 2 bartenders) will just take the ticket and not ask for the balance.

I'm sure that if it's more than a dollar over the ticket value you would probably have to pay the difference. But I still like them because for me monies that I've paid in advance is almost like money not spent at all ! the hit on my bank account is done and gone. The effect on my S&S card is like getting a drink for a couple of bucks rather than 6 or 8.

That is correct. BUT, I found that when I tip the bartender when the drink is delivered ----- the next time he may "forget" to charge me the difference. :D Happened more than once and on more than one ship.

I usually tip the bartenders we use frequently $10 or so every couple of days. The drinks on the ship even including the gratuity are still a lot less than at my local watering hole here in Dallas.

drink coupons are good for any drink that cost 5.25 which leaves out most of the drink menu. Those DOD cost almost 8 bucks

So, I'm paying $21.25 for $21 worth of drinks? Doesn't sound like such a good deal. Me thinks I'll stash an extra $20 a week in the "fun" drawer for my next cruise.:)

So, I'm paying $21.25 for $21 worth of drinks? Doesn't sound like such a good deal. Me thinks I'll stash an extra $20 a week in the "fun" drawer for my next cruise.:)

From what I understand, the coupons include the 15% gratuity, so you are basically saving 15% off the price of buying the drinks at the bar.

I used to be an advocate for those coupons but it doesnt seem to be worth to me any longer. Now, instead of giving carnival 21 bucks I add a few more dollars and buy a 25.00 fundollar instead. This way I dont have to worry about a price difference-- giving up my sign and sail card to pay the difference etc.

We had two packs of coupons given to us for Christmas and the tickets were delivered to our room but we got them after our first dinner not as soon as we boarded the ship.

?? either the coupons were in your cabin or did you get them at dinner??

what cruise was this for?

Seems prices went up recently -- a lot too.

Last February a frozen foo foo drink was like 5 bucks--now it looks to be close to 8 bucks

For example...what drinks do cost $5.25? we like vodka/tonic and rum/coke are those the the kind that cost that much?

No you are wrong. You can get a drink that is $5.25 the 15% is not charged because it is included on top of the $5.25 price. So the drink tickets are really more than $5.25. They are $5.25 + 15% ($0.79)= $6.04

What the $5.25 means is you can get a drink that has a face value of that much. If you order one more than that they can charge you the difference.

Yes, vodka/tonics, rum/cokes and drinks like that.. Just make sure they don't try and upsell you on the choice of liquor...check the price card in the bar and see which alcohol is the least cost. On the Splendor, Skyy was the least for Vodka and Appleton Estate V/X for rum...$4.95

Question on buying drink tickets....Say i plan a cruise a year out in advance....if i wanted to buy a few drink tickets each month can i do that and save them till time for the cruise. that would definitely help with the cost

That is how we do it, sure makes it easier to look at the final S&S bill!!! we had 3 sheets of coupons left over from our last cruise :eek: :p so 12 drinks gave my friend one sheet for her birthday ( she will be on this cruise with us) and we will be bringing the rest with us. Good way to start out the cruise... having the drink coupons already when we get on the ship.

Archived