First time balcony questions!

J-Hawk

Tip: Voices carry outside......on one cruise my sister and I had a balcony next to a young couple and his parent's had the room on the other side of theirs. Apparently the MIL was not the young bride's favorite person as one evening while quite intoxicated she could be heard very loudly yell at her hubby " I hate your mother and I hope she burn's in he**". We called security when things started hitting the wall! (sounded like she started throwing books).

This may be inappropriate.... But if BF and I decide to get a little frisky on the balcony :rolleyes: (we're dead midship, standard balcony on the Pride)... Will we be seen??

Just remember that the people on either side of you can look around the dividers and see everything.

I had a HUGE aft on Mariner of the Seas. 15 people could easily fit out there. Stored a piece of luggage there as there was no room in the cabin for it. We did get soot though. Didn't like seeing where I'd been and won't get aft again.

I like to sit out there and read, open my champagne to start off the celebration.

Sometimes rowdy neighbors are bothersome or those who leave the light on at night when not out there. On some ships there are signs to turn off the light, on others the lights are kept off due to navigation issues at different times and just won't turn on.

If you drape a towel or a suit to dry, use something to hold it there or it will be blown away!

If you smoke take an ash tray. Not many balconies have them. Make SURE cig is OUT and never throw it overboard.

If you smoke take an ash tray. Not many balconies have them. Make SURE cig is OUT and never throw it overboard.

I always take a small METAL coffee can with a lid for cigarette butts, and a small ash tray. I am paranoid about throwing cigarettes in garbage unless many hours have passed.:eek:

We took the door stop and shoved it into the door jam of the balcony door to keep it open at night. FABULOUS, listening to the ocean all night. We brought a bungee but there was no where to hook it. Door stop work wonderful!
Enjoy, theres no going back!

Archived