First time balcony questions!

J-Hawk

Turn off the balcony light at night. As said before, the door are VERY heavy and will slam hard if you don't close it gently and slowly.

I can't believe we haven't read of lawsuits over fingers or arms hurt with the doors.

It's a great place to have your cast off champagne!

This may be inappropriate.... But if BF and I decide to get a little frisky on the balcony :rolleyes: (we're dead midship, standard balcony on the Pride)... Will we be seen??

There is always a chance. Some expert cruisers will tell you that if you look at the reflection on the balcony divider from just the right angle, you can see the "activity" on your neighbor's balcony. And I don't know exactly where the security cameras are located.

This may be inappropriate.... But if BF and I decide to get a little frisky on the balcony :rolleyes: (we're dead midship, standard balcony on the Pride)... Will we be seen??

Keep the lights off on the balcony & room to minimize reflections and stay against the cabin, not the railing.

Noise travels too . . . . .

Keep the lights off on the balcony & room to minimize reflections and stay against the cabin, not the railing.

Noise travels too . . . . .

Will do (No pun intended! LOL).... Thanks!!

There is always a chance. Some expert cruisers will tell you that if you look at the reflection on the balcony divider from just the right angle, you can see the "activity" on your neighbor's balcony. And I don't know exactly where the security cameras are located.

Hmm... Okay, something to think about :cool:

Thanks for the info!

Will do (No pun intended! LOL).... Thanks!!

There are hundreds, if not thousands of security cameras on board. I remember looking towards the front of the ship from my balcony and you can see a few on the wing of the bridge. I assume at least some of them are pointed along the side of the ship to look for open flames, love-makers and jumpers.;)

I'm pretty sure that the security people have seen just about everything on cameras .... unless it is their first cruise.

Just assume that it is about as private as a secluded public beach at night or parked on lover's lane. Part of the excitement is from the possibility of being seen, no?

Just assume that it is about as private as a secluded public beach at night or parked on lover's lane. Part of the excitement is from the possibility of being seen, no?

Part of the excitement is seeing yourself on your balcony on youtube.....

The only downside to balconies is that lots of smoking goes on out there, if that bothers you. Otherwise they are wonderful. That hadn't occurred to me the first time I booked one! The next time I gave more attention to location and chose an aft balcony and it was much better.

Don't know about that but I know someone who came home with a present from their frollicking on the balcony!!:eek::p

I'm pretty sure that the security people have seen just about everything on cameras .... unless it is their first cruise.

Yes you're right ;)

As others have said, you will be addicted to a balcony once you have one. Room service breakfast out there is just perfect in the morning. Or a great place to nap away from the crowds and still enjoy the calming sea.

One tip: Remember that when you pull into port, you sometimes will be right next to another ship. If you don't have your curtains drawn, your new "neighbor" will be able to see you. Keep that in mind if you are showering or involved in other "activities" as you pull into port. This applies to ocean view also - but not as much since balcony has larger glass area on the doors. I only say this from witnessing a "few things" on cruises.

Oh so true!! I never forget on my first cruise with a balcony we were in port and right across from me I got a very "X" rated show :eek::eek:! I really think that the couple were aware that if you are not facing the sea, you will be seen!

On my April sailing, my friend that's with me is on her very first cruise. When we booked this cruise initially for March, we were booked with an outside cabin. When we had to change the date, the balcony rates for the new sailing were very reasonable and I had the travel agent to change us to a balcony (it was such a good deal that I overpaid with the outside cabin and got $52 dollars back :D!).

I fear that by getting a balcony for her first cruise that's all she will want after this!

While I love balcony and would love one each time that I sail, I can't afford it and sail every year. This is especially true because the majority of the time I sail solo.

Beside the upper decks is the biggest balcony on the ship and I claim that!!!:D

Pack some of those little bottles of bubbles to blow in your checked luggage. If you are on your balcony at sail away, just dip the wand and hold it up into the breeze the ship makes as it starts to move. You get a stream of bubbles with each dip - festive & fun. My friend & I did this on my last cruise - saw other people trying to catch the bubbles in their hands up on the higher decks. As the ship approaches full speed the wind is too much for bubbles to form - but it is fun for the first several minutes.

Archived