Leno on WC

WC11

Has this changed with all the recent events with him. This ought to be interesting.

Please forgive a puzzled reader from outside the USA, but what exactly does this mean? I have heard of a "comic" called Jay Leno. Is he due to entertain on the World Cruise and if so what events might stop him? Or is there some other "Leno" and perhaps WC in this instance means water closet?

We should be told.

There is party for the World Cruisers with Jay Leno and the Beach Boys tomorrow and he just got fired from NBC.

For my part, I wouldn't miss Jay Leno but the Beach Boys should be worth listening to. I would love to be with Larry and the others on the cruise. Come to think of it I would love to be in San Diego right now. We are having a freezing, snowy spell of weather at the moment.

If anyone should be fired from NBC it's the idiots who put Leno in prime time in the first place. He's going back to 11:35 for a thirty minutes. No reason he shouldn't fulfill his obligation. Doing standup is his favorite thing.

Sorry I didn't mean he was fired but I wonder if he will say anything. This is one of his first private gigs after all this. Maybe he go with us, I have a suite where the couch pulls out.

I am sure he will still attend your function.....and depending upon how soon it takes place I am also sure he will also make mention of it in a humorous way. He mentioned the whole situation with his move back to his original time slot about 5 times in his show tonight.

I will swap you, this extremely hot weather in Australia, for some beautiful snow, sitting around a lovely log fire sipping red wine wrapped up in a fluffy blanket, eating soups,casseroles etc.

I know we are very lucky here in Oz, and it sounds weird, but you get sick of the heat etc, unless you are at the beach.

So when you see Europe etc, blanketed in snow with more to come, it just sounds wonderful

I agree with the last poster. Jay Leno was not fired from NBC. In fact, Conan O'Brien is "rejecting" his move to 12:05 a.m. Not sure what this means yet (actually, I don't exactly care).

I understand Conan will be accepting something with Fox.

Maybe he go with us, I have a suite where the couch pulls out.

What have you done in another life to deserve that? :)

I will swap you, this extremely hot weather in Australia, for some beautiful snow, sitting around a lovely log fire sipping red wine wrapped up in a fluffy blanket, eating soups,casseroles etc.

I know we are very lucky here in Oz, and it sounds weird, but you get sick of the heat etc, unless you are at the beach.

So when you see Europe etc, blanketed in snow with more to come, it just sounds wonderful

I live in a cul-de-sac, on a slope and at the moment I could drive out but, because of the ice and snow, not get back. Our central heating does not include a log fire and, having a limited mobility wife, I have to make my own soups , casseroles etc., trudging out in the frost to get the ingredients. So forgive me if I don't sympathise with you in Oz at the moment.:p:p

Seriously though, I know what you mean.

The Haitians are worse off than any of us though.

Cheer up, Orpington T!! Warmer weather is on its way. In fact here in the Valais we have had "positive" temperatures all day today and rain is forecast for areas below 1000m. It will seem tropical!

Our cruise will soon be here...

So it is here. The ice is thawing and the forecast is above zero temps. So I am well cheered up. The only fly in the ointment is the onrushing date for payment of the balance of our cruise.

I think I'll have another gin & tonic.

Orpington, we have had record cold and snow here in OK for the past month. Thankfully, I was able to avoid 11 days of it with my Chile trip (amazing, BTW). But I truly hope you are able to get out and about very soon.

The son of one of my Marine mom friends is on his way to Haiti at this moment to assist in relief. So the US Marines are on their way. He is a French linguist.

Glad you got back safely, Rachel. I would love to cruise the Chilean fords one day. Meanwhile I have to satisfy myself with a bottle of Chilean Merlot every now and again.

It seems that some help is getting to Haiti. Teams left the UK yesterday. But the lack of heavy lifting machinery will be a hindrance.

Archived